Maintenance for the week of April 15:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 15
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – April 16, 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
The issue is resolved, and the North American PC/Mac megaserver is now available. Thank you for your patience!

Official Discussion Thread for "Battlemaster's Corner - The Dreadnought"

ZOS_JasonLeavey
ZOS_JasonLeavey
✭✭✭✭✭
This is the official discussion thread for "Battlemaster's Corner - The Dreadnought."

Check out this fun Templar build, and tell us what you think!
Edited by ZOS_JasonLeavey on July 21, 2014 9:02PM
Jason Leavey
Community Coordinator - The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited
Facebook | Twitter | Google+ | Tumblr | Instagram | YouTube
Staff Post
  • Lifendason
    Lifendason
    Soul Shriven
    Looks like a good build. Do you have a esohead link for the rest of the build or can you elaborate on your gear, glyphs, etc?
  • theHollow
    theHollow
    Cool build. Looking for ways to make my primary healer more versatile, and this helps. Thanks for the post. I agree, more info on your gear and passives would be helpful.
    aka kiltedpiper
  • LtCrunch
    LtCrunch
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Interesting build. I am loving my templar right now, so I'm always happy to see how others play the class and get ideas for ways to improve my own builds.
    NerdSauce Gaming
    Laughs-At-Wounds - Sap tanking since 03/30/14
    ßrandalf - Light armor tanking since 03/03/15
    Brandalf Beer-Belly - Tanking drunk since 12/30/16

• Kafolarbear
    Kafolarbear
    ✭✭✭
    Really great build :). But being a NB I would also like to see some builds for NB healers that specialize in HoT's and sustaining spells? Pretty please?

Edit: These builds are getting better by the article.
    Edited by Kafolarbear on July 23, 2014 3:37PM
    Veteran Rank 5 Khajiit Nightblade.

For the Queen; for Elswyr!
  • Dreddnawt
    Dreddnawt
    ✭✭✭
    Thanks for the likes. =) Dredd is a joy to play. I love charging blindly around corners with zero concern for what lies in wait. This build is versatile and extremely die hard. Great for those who like to support their teammates.

I use Heavy chest, legs, and hands with Light armor head, shoulders, waist and feet. I keep a couple extra heavy pieces on hand just in case. Glyph mostly magicka and some health to reach soft caps. Stamina on shield and extra heavy items.

Esohead profile link, as promised.
    Edited by Dreddnawt on July 25, 2014 6:55PM
    Dreddnawt - Orsimer Aedric Crusader
    Alexstrasza Drogon - Imperial Infernal Dragon
    Daggerfall Covenant

TESO / PC / NA Server
  • Dreddnawt
    Dreddnawt
    ✭✭✭
    An update to account for changes as the game has been updated and the build has been refined:

RESTORATION STAFF – ABSORB MAGICKA, INFUSED
    Rushed Ceremony (Breath of Life)
    Healing Ritual (Ritual of Rebirth) / sub Unstoppable in PvP
    Steadfast Ward (Healing Ward)
    Regeneration (Mutagen)
    Cleansing Ritual (Extended Ritual)
    Ultimate - Rite of Passage (Practiced Incantation)

MACE AND SWORD – HARDENING, DEFENDING / LIFE DRAIN, INFUSED
    Restoring Aura (Radiant Aura)
    Solar Flare (Solar Barrage) / sub Blazing Shield in PvP
    Twin Slashes (Blood Craze)
    Spear Shards (Blazing Spear)
    Focused Charge (Explosive Charge)
    Ultimate - Nova (Solar Disturbance)(aka Templars' Delight!)

Daggerfall Covenant

TESO / PC / NA Server
  • AedanValken
    AedanValken
    Soul Shriven
    So it looks like you eliminated the bolts from restoration staff. Does it have any more attack capabilities or does it all lie in 1hs now? Also did you just pump all your points in magicka? And another thing! Do your suggested solo substitutions still apply? Trying this build out on my imperial Templar. Even though an orc would be cooler.
  • Dreddnawt
    Dreddnawt
    ✭✭✭
    Bit late answering @AedanValken but if its not too late:

Many updates, changes, and patches have certainly lessened the overwhelming effectiveness this build originally had. However the core idea still remains a very valid leveling build to get your character well into Veteran Ranks. I recommend the Dreadnought primarily for PvE questing and grinding as an easy to unlock Heal/DPS hybrid build that makes adventuring across Tamriel a pleasant stroll.

I removed Bolts in favor of another heal because bolts was nerfed in an update, costs the same but not nearly as much damage. You wont, shouldnt, do much attacking from this bar anyway, unless youre charging magicka with your staff. I also got rid of Healing Ritual in favor of Healing Springs from the Restro staff line. Quicker cast, area effect and magicka return is super helpful.

Yes the build relies heavily on the dual wielding bar for damage output. However this build was always a healer first, anything else second. Most my points and focus goes into magicka. Attributes dont matter much until you have an end game build but 15-20 points into Health then going full Magicka works well until vet ranks.

The ability swaps are basically the same excluding Backlash which is not really useful anymore.

Happy Hunting.
    Dreddnawt - Orsimer Aedric Crusader
    Alexstrasza Drogon - Imperial Infernal Dragon
    Daggerfall Covenant

TESO / PC / NA Server