The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [IN PROGRESS] PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

Update 3 on PTS

Zabus
Zabus
✭✭✭✭
Any idea on when it will be available on there? Really want to try out the dye combos and guild heraldry emblems.
Zavus - Khajiit Nightblade EP | AR 50
Zāv - Imperial Templar | AR 24
Zavbags - Argonian Nightblade EP | AR 19
Zabus - Redguard Nightblade DC | AR 13
Negate Three - Breton Sorcerer EP | AR 19
  • heinrich00
    I think it's today .
  • Zabus
    Zabus
    ✭✭✭✭
    heinrich00 wrote: »
    I think it's today .

Yeah, I think so too. I tried logging into the PTS right after making this thread and it's under maintenance xD
  • Natjur
    Natjur
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    When someone gets in, can you post what achievements are required for what colours.
  • ZOS_GinaBruno
    ZOS_GinaBruno
    Community Manager
    The PTS is still down for maintenance, but it will be available in the next hour or two. :)
    Gina Bruno
    Senior Community Manager
    Dev Tracker | Service Alerts | ESO Twitter | My Twitter
    Staff Post
  • heinrich00
    heinrich00 wrote: »
    I think it's today .

Yeah, I think so too. I tried logging into the PTS right after making this thread and it's under maintenance xD

Awesome
  • Zabus
    Zabus
    ✭✭✭✭
    Natjur wrote: »
    When someone gets in, can you post what achievements are required for what colours.

Might be till tomorrow, it's a 25gb update lol.
  • Liquid_Time
    Liquid_Time
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Trying to get a head start with your desired colors :wink:

I am happy they are not all available from the get go. This now gives me a reason to go achievement hunting.. woop woop
    ¸.•¨)
    ¸.•´¸.•*´¨) ¸.•*¨)
    (¸.•´ (¸.•`
    Liquid_Time'*-.¸.-•-.¸_¸.-•-.¸_¸.-•-.¸_¸.-•-.¸_¸.-•-.¸_¸.-••¤
    ╔═══════════════════════════════════════════════════╗
       IGN: Liquid Past || Rank: V14 || Class: Nightblade || World Skill: Vampire
    ╚═══════════════════════════════════════════════════╝
  • Natjur
    Natjur
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I am happy they are not all available from the get go. This now gives me a reason to go achievement hunting.. woop woop
    I want to use it as a bribe to get players to do the V10 Lion Den achievements with me.

Oh, you want black, sorry you have to finish the Lion Den's Dungeon achievements, but I will help you :)
    Edited by Natjur on July 10, 2014 1:52AM
  • ZOS_JasonI
    ZOS_JasonI
    ✭✭✭✭
    Hi there, all. The PTS is now up and available. Feel free to begin testing Update 3!
    The Elder Scrolls Online Social Team - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Facebook | Twitter | Google+ | Tumblr | Pinterest | YouTube | ESO Knowledge Base
    Staff Post
  • Liquid_Time
    Liquid_Time
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I want to use it as a bribe to get players to do the V10 Lion Den achievements with me.

Oh, you want black, sorry you have to finish the Lion Den's Dungeon achievements, but I will help you :)

haha! Very nice :smiley:
    ¸.•¨)
    ¸.•´¸.•*´¨) ¸.•*¨)
    (¸.•´ (¸.•`
    Liquid_Time'*-.¸.-•-.¸_¸.-•-.¸_¸.-•-.¸_¸.-•-.¸_¸.-•-.¸_¸.-••¤
    ╔═══════════════════════════════════════════════════╗
       IGN: Liquid Past || Rank: V14 || Class: Nightblade || World Skill: Vampire
    ╚═══════════════════════════════════════════════════╝
  • ers101284b14_ESO
    ers101284b14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Soon......Very soon my update will have finished
  • Zabus
    Zabus
    ✭✭✭✭

Except you get black from doing AA, or at least one of the blacks that is. Just in case you're wondering it was in the dye previews screenshot.
  • Ethona
    Ethona
    ✭✭✭

Might be till tomorrow, it's a 25gb update lol.

? i hope this doesn't mean that this update would require 25GB update once pushed to live servers.
  • BrierTOG
    BrierTOG
    ✭✭✭
    nah pts is now around almost 38 gig.
  • Auldjohn
    Auldjohn
    ✭✭✭✭
    I played a few minutes on PTS after Update 3. However, I used an existing character (from the older EP VR5 Template) so cannot comment on new content until I gen new characters.

One thing of note is using the /chat command "/fps" frame rate in the Fungal Grotto area was 10 - 11 FPS with low NPC and monster population and no battles. Some of the frame rate problem may be local for me. Game graphics settings were on Ultra using an AMD Radeon HD 7350 motherboard card with 2 GB dedicated VRAM.

I will retest with different, lower game graphics settings, as well as characters created with the new templates.

My test TESG-VR guild still exists, but now has only one member -- me as Guildmaster. I need to rebuild the Guild Roster to ten or more to try the Guild Extravaganza features.
    Edited by Auldjohn on July 10, 2014 11:45AM
    @AuldjohnThe Elder Sages' GuildMaster Sage & Co-Founderfacebook.com/groups/theeldersagesguild
    "Old gamers never die; they just respawn and game on!" • Our Slogan: Have Fun!!

Moot Envoy • Tamriel Foundry Adept • Steam ID Auldjohn
    YouTube auldjohnmastersage • Twitch AuldjohnPCGamer• Steam Group TESGs
  • Auldjohn
    Auldjohn
    ✭✭✭✭
    TL;dr version: Cannot create a character with new Update 3 Templates on PTS. Inventory items missing from existing toon. Extremely low FPS. :#>:)

July 10, I logged in to PTS to look at the Guild Extravaganza and other new features. I used my existing character from the VR5 Fungal Grotto Template. No problem with the VR5 toon, but noticed the promotion to VR12.

My filled Soul Gems, consumables, and buff potions were all missing from my Inventory, though no bugs during a 1 hour session,. Frame rate with graphic on Ultra or High was ~10 - 12 FPS. Changing graphics to Medium gave no noticeable difference.

Tonight I returned to PTS to try a new character using the E3 PvP Ebonheart Template. It would not accept Race Imperial even though I have the imperial Edition. Clicking Create produced an error the character was invalid for the Template.

I changed Race to Nord, appropriate for Ebonheart. Clicking Create still gave the same invalid for Template error.

The Trials Testing Template gave the same invalid for Template error.

I cannot create a character using the "new" E3 PvP or Trials Testing Templates. :s I have no disallowed characters in the character name which were within the length limits, too.

Has the procedure for using the Update 3 specific templates changed? Is there a Class selection restriction? I need assistance with more detailed instructions on using the "E3 PvP" Templates successfully (any Alliance but Ebonheart Pact preferable).

My primary focus on PTS at the moment -- besides the essential bug testing and /bug reports -- is trying the Guild Extravaganza features. My guild is very interested in the Guild Extravaganza features.

May the Nine bestow their Blessings upon anyone (hopefully a ZOS Admin) who can shed light on the PTS Update 3 Templates issue.
    @AuldjohnThe Elder Sages' GuildMaster Sage & Co-Founderfacebook.com/groups/theeldersagesguild

• Westcoast14_ESO
    Westcoast14_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    same, cannot create any characters using the new templates.
  • Elad13
    Elad13
    ✭✭✭
    I used trials and made mine...v12. The others set for alliances didn't seem to work that well.
  • Auldjohn
    Auldjohn
    ✭✭✭✭
    21 July: Still cannot create a character using Trials template. Only one Alliance can be selected, but every race choice gives "invalid race for template" error. I did not choose Imperial. I submitted additional in-game /bug reports, Help system E-mail requests, and ESO Support Request, but still awaiting response.

ZOS Admin: Response or escalation appreciated.

P.S.: Feeback on /bug reports and in-game Help Support -- ticket numbers cannot be printed, are not saved with PrtScr, and cannot be copied using Windows Clipboard. Please add this functionality to Help and /bug reports, or ate least a print capability.

Update 23 July: After PTS Patch 1.3.1 I can create a VR12 DC toon for Craglorn using the Trials Template. :D

1.3.1 also improved my frame rate. :) Not perfect but progress...
    Edited by Auldjohn on July 23, 2014 10:25PM

• kijima
    kijima
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Trials character creation does indeed work if you choose that option, it did for me everytime last night when I set up a few extra PTS alts for testing.Then you can go about and freely roam, craft, kill test everything you want.

I'd wager that given the fact you are given a VR12 character with pretty much everything unlocked to level 50 with 99 points to burn on whatever you want, enough yellows and purples in every conceivable jewelry item, weapon and armour set plus crafting gear, then does it 'really' matter that you cant create the exact character you want.

It is just a PTS server after all.
    Been here since Feb 2014 - You'd think I'd be half reasonable at this game by now...

A'marta - AD Sorc Tank
    Kijima - AD DK Derps
    Annure - AD NB Derps
    Boom Crash Opera - AD Sorc DPS

• Arsenic_Touch
    Arsenic_Touch
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The only template available on the PTS is the daggerfall vr trials template. The other templates are for the conventions, they are not for PTS use. Why they're on there is anyone's guess but that's what jessica said about them.
    Is it better to out-monster the monster or to be quietly devoured?

╔═════════════ ೋღ☃ღೋ ══════════════╗
    "Hope can drown lost in thunderous sound."
    "Fear can claim what little faith remains."
    "Death will take those who fight alone."
    "But united we can break a fate once set in stone."

╚═════════════ ೋღ☃ღೋ ══════════════╝

NA // Ebonheart Pact // Leader of CORE Legion // Namira Beta Tester // VR11 NB
  • Auldjohn
    Auldjohn
    ✭✭✭✭
    My guess is the PTS Megaserver is used for Game Demos using a special instance where E3 templates are valid.