The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Game freezes

abuniffpreub18_ESO
abuniffpreub18_ESO
✭✭✭
ehjbl89zqvxv.png
Why do I keep getting this. It started after the last patch. The game freezes and I have to alt-tab out and click the ignore once button to get back in the game and when I get back in I'm still moving. Any Help.
We have contacted our Customer support team to help you solve your issue.
  • ZOS_PierreL
    ZOS_PierreL
    ✭✭✭✭
    Hello @abuniffpreub18_ESO,

We suggest disabling any of your add-ons, as these can cause errors when they are out of date. We also suggest that you try repairing your launcher to ensure that your game is up to date.

Repair:
    Players can repair the files for The Elder Scrolls Online on their computer by following the steps below:
    • First, start The Elder Scrolls Online launcher by double clicking on the icon on your desktop.
    • Wait for the launcher to finish starting.
    • If multiple ESO clients are installed and available through the launcher, make sure to have the correct version highlighted by clicking on it once.
    • In the middle of the launcher there will be an entry for Game Options next to an icon of a small cog wheel.
    • Open the Game Options dropdown menu and click on the option for Repair.
    • Allow the launcher to examine all the files for the game. This may take some time.
    • If any files are found to have problems, the launcher will re-download those files.

This should allow you to play the game.

Update:
    - Manually update your launcher. Details on how to do this can be found here.

- If the above step do not resolve your issue, please try the following:
    • Open the game installation directory “Zenimax Online” 
    • Open the folder named “Launcher”
    • Inside the “Launcher” folder, there is a folder named “ProgramData”
    • Delete the “ProgramData” folder
    • Open the launcher and download update
    • Click “Play”
    Edited by ZOS_PierreL on July 4, 2014 3:51PM
    The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited Social Team - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Facebook | Twitter | Google+ | Tumblr | Pinterest | YouTube | ESO Knowledge Base
    Staff Post
  • abuniffpreub18_ESO
    abuniffpreub18_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    Tried everything you mentioned, still doing it.
  • ZOS_PierreL
    ZOS_PierreL
    ✭✭✭✭
    I created a ticket for you, @abuniffpreub18_ESO‌.
    Our support will help with this issue directly via your email address.
    The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited Social Team - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Facebook | Twitter | Google+ | Tumblr | Pinterest | YouTube | ESO Knowledge Base
    Staff Post
  • abuniffpreub18_ESO
    abuniffpreub18_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    Thanks. I'll try that. Thought it was fixed, played for a couple hours today with no problems then it started again.
  • abuniffpreub18_ESO
    abuniffpreub18_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    Did what you said, sent the file from the game consultant. haven't heard anything back, been 5 days so I guess they have no idea how to fix it even though your patch broke it.
  • ZOS_PierreL
    ZOS_PierreL
    ✭✭✭✭
    This error has been reported and our team is currently investigating a fix for this issue.

Sorry for the inconvenience and thank you for your patience.
    Staff Post
  • abuniffpreub18_ESO
    abuniffpreub18_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    Are they still working on it because it's still doing it ?.
  • Bollerlotte
    Bollerlotte
    ✭✭✭
    i got the same problem here since last patch. on my system the whole pc freezes and do not recover itself. only de-plugging the electrocable get my pc boot again. this seriously injuries my sytem. i demand information updates.