The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Official Discussion Thread for "Hero’s Guides Special Offer"

ZOS_JessicaFolsom
ZOS_JessicaFolsom
Community Manager
This is the official thread to discuss the Hero’s Guides Special Offer article.
Jessica Folsom
Lead Community Manager - ZeniMax Online Studios
Facebook | Twitter | Twitch | Tumblr | Instagram | YouTube | Support
Staff Post
  • Dominoid
    Dominoid
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Not regretting my purchase a few months back, but a little bummed I didn't get free time with purchase. I don't suppose it's retro?
  • lpoulsen88
    lpoulsen88
    Soul Shriven
    All it stated was purchased before July 6th. So I think we should get that month retroactively. :D
  • VinnOmniusVeritas
    VinnOmniusVeritas
    ✭✭✭
    I agree. Bought my set back at launch time. Oh well, it's only a month but it would be a nice gesture for us trailblazers. I mean they're giving away entire ESO games at Quakecon to the first 3k attendees and that's much more $ value than a month sub.
    It's a little fuzzy, but ... I think I drank so much I couldn't pay my tab. If I'm remembering it right, I said something like, "This crappy quartz thing thing should cover it, catman!" -- Rollin
  • Daveon
    Daveon
    ✭✭✭
    The link appears broken, to me. It just loops into the screen to enter your birth date, then brings you to the news page which contains the link, which if you click again loops back to the enter your birth date screen, which then takes you to the news page, which contains the link ..... ad infinitum.
    H3Ptbot.jpg
  • Winterwolfstorm
    I certainly do hope we get that extra month!
    But you're quite right- I could never regret that purchase, I was reading through all the books again yesterday and they are just so masterfully written and are beautiful not only in their binding and the outside but the pictures and font on the inside!
    - Besides if we don't get the time I'm sure we will if we just send some messages to Zenimax.
    Paradise is not found but made
    The Winterton Blog
    Personal Blog

Tea With the Wolf and Fox
    ESO and Lord of the Rings Original Fiction

Si hortum in bibliotheca habes, deerit nihil.
    Cicero
  • MeradinUnknown
    According to the store page for it:
    http://store.bethsoft.com/media/the-heros-guides-to-the-elder-scrolls-online.html
    Order between June 26th and Sunday, July 6th to receive an emailed code redeemable for a free month of game time in the Elder Scrolls Online.

I'm in the same boat though. Bought this right away when it was announced. Kind of feel shafted having bought it without incentive. Don't regret the purchase either, but it still sucks. :(
    Edited by MeradinUnknown on July 3, 2014 12:48AM
  • kaleka
    kaleka
    I love my books but I too feel a little sad that they chose to do this now. 30 days extra might not seem like a big deal to most people but would mean a lot to those of us on a tight budget. I really hope they will reconsider and include everyone who has purchased the books in this offer.
  • mazokugirl451
    mazokugirl451
    Soul Shriven
    I agree with everyone- I bought it prior to the incentives, and would like a free month! I don't regret buying it early, but it's not really fair to only make it from June 26-now.
  • Zhoyzu
    Zhoyzu
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Why are you trying to sell me books? i hardly have the time to read when im playing ESO!
    Zhoyzu - Nightblade Alchemist (v15) RETIRED
    Has-No-Heart - Templar Enchanter (v4) FUBAR
    Ambadassador - Dragon knight (v1) Naked with no future (returned from the naked realm to tank PvE)
    Sakis Tolis - Sorceror (v10 in progress) Living Legend!

Xuhl'Xotuun - Warden Current Main as im starting the game over essentially with this character aside from crafting.

Creator of Khajiit fall dmg reduction racial passive concept.

• ElVexo
    ElVexo
    Add me to the list of Real Fans(tm) who ordered at launch and would appreciate the gesture of a free month subscription.
  • stefan.gustavsonb16_ESO
    stefan.gustavsonb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    They made 10,000 of these and expected them to sell out quickly. They didn't, so they are sprinkling some sugar on top of the deal to hopefully sell out those last remaining copies. Nothing bad or unusual about that.

Those of you who were early birds should probably not expect a month of game time as compensation. You paid extra to make sure you got one, and like you said, you got what you wanted: a nice product at a price you were prepared to pay.
  • egosumacunnus
    egosumacunnus
    ✭✭✭
    Any chance you could stop merchandising and work on the game, because you know it really needs it, not this.
    If real life had a block function i would go out more.

Proud to have spent a year paying to BETA test ESO for consoles.

Error Code 301
  • Lazrael
    Lazrael
    ✭✭✭
    So I purchased when It was first and I'm wondering how I claim my free month, kinda like how I'm wondering how I get my Ps4 copy for $10 or $20 or whatever.
    Artists and Theives...
  • Dominoid
    Dominoid
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    They made 10,000 of these and expected them to sell out quickly. They didn't, so they are sprinkling some sugar on top of the deal to hopefully sell out those last remaining copies. Nothing bad or unusual about that.

Those of you who were early birds should probably not expect a month of game time as compensation. You paid extra to make sure you got one, and like you said, you got what you wanted: a nice product at a price you were prepared to pay.

Except they did. This is a second run. You COULD NOT ORDER this two days after it was announced the first time around - they were all gone. I tried.
  • Dominoid
    Dominoid
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Ya know . . . I really hate to be "one of those guys", but I have been unsatisfied with my CS correspondence on this issue and wish to use Kevin C's recommendation of:

"you can always make your opinion regarding this known on our official forums as our higher ups do keep track of community outcry. "

Your website STILL says ""If you order the Hero’s Guides to The Elder Scrolls Online before July 6th, you’ll receive a month of ESO game time". There is no mention of any June 26th date.

http://www.elderscrollsonline.com/en-us/news/post/2014/07/02/heros-guides-special-offer

In my case, we are both operating under US law and this is clearly covered by the Lanham Act, 15 U.S.C.A. § 1125(a).

Some requirements for this law are:

1. A false statement of fact - CHECK
    2. A statement that has the potential to deceive a large portion of its target audience - CHECK
    3. The deception is likely to affect purchasing decision - CHECK
    4. The transaction involves interstate commerce - CHECK

I RESPECTFULLY as you to abide by the US law cited above. It will literally cost you nothing and provide 30-day codes to the requesters above.
  • Iluvrien
    Iluvrien
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I would love to pick this up, but since I can't find a non-US version of the store (EU or UK) and the shipping is pretty dramatic... I guess I am going to have to pass. :(
  • VinnOmniusVeritas
    VinnOmniusVeritas
    ✭✭✭
    Any chance you could stop merchandising and work on the game, because you know it really needs it, not this.

LOL! That's a hoot!! As IF it's the same staff doing both efforts. HEY MARVEL, ENOUGH WITH THE MOVIES ALREADY. MAKE BETTER COMIC BOOKS!!!!!
    It's a little fuzzy, but ... I think I drank so much I couldn't pay my tab. If I'm remembering it right, I said something like, "This crappy quartz thing thing should cover it, catman!" -- Rollin
  • _subjectnamehere_
    _subjectnamehere_
    ✭✭✭
    Zhoyzu wrote: »
    Why are you trying to sell me books? i hardly have the time to read when im playing ESO!

For those people who enjoy collecting. These are very beautifully done and are limited edition. Some people will keep them forever. Others will wait a few years until they go up in value and sell them.
  • Bunneh
    Bunneh
    ✭✭✭
    At $100 its tight but I would love to buy them but when postage is 50% on top of that to get them sent to the UK.... too much is too much. /me liberally sprinkles this post with troll poison. It's a kindness. Honestly.
    "Shut it, you fop" - Valorone, Fighters' Guild, Coldharbour to Darien Gautier
    PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!
  • Rm4g3dD0v
    Rm4g3dD0v
    ✭✭
    Daveon wrote: »
    The link appears broken, to me. It just loops into the screen to enter your birth date, then brings you to the news page which contains the link, which if you click again loops back to the enter your birth date screen, which then takes you to the news page, which contains the link ..... ad infinitum.

same here. apparently web developers for zos took a holiday here.

Anyway, you can get past this by signing in to yr acct and then going back to homepage and clicking the link.
  • JAGXIVII
    JAGXIVII
    Soul Shriven
    It's now July 16th and I still have not received my free month of ESO game time. Anyone else having this problem?
    @JAGXIVII, Alexander Valerianus, Daggerfall Covenant, VR12 Imperial Templar
  • JAGXIVII
    JAGXIVII
    Soul Shriven
    I don't know if anyone else has had this problem, but I've been emailing back and forth with customer service for days now regarding the 30 days of free game time that was part of this offer. It was promised to arrive by the 15th. It is now the 17th and it's nowhere to be found. I checked my spam/junk folders and found nothing. The latest email told me that they they had given it to the "higher ups" to find a solution and that was a day ago. My subscription has been down for almost a week now since I was assuming the game time would actually come before the 15th. They mentioned that a "mass email" was being sent out, but either it hasn't gone out yet or I was not included in it. I can wait a few days, but its been 2 and a half weeks since I ordered this thing. I expected this to come a lot sooner.
    @JAGXIVII, Alexander Valerianus, Daggerfall Covenant, VR12 Imperial Templar
  • Cappipanken
    Cappipanken
    Soul Shriven
    What are you non US guys paying for shipment? For me the book costs 100$ and with shipping it's 155$, there is no way I'm paying 55$ shipping for a 100$ item, although I would absolutely love it :/