The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

"Acceptable taunt"...

jelliedsoup
jelliedsoup
✭✭✭✭✭
I snuck up on a VR9 DK (I'm a VR4 NB) ambush > concealed weapon > heavy attack, dark cloak etc. I didn't crit on any attacks, he drgaon blooded it out, we were both low in HP after a few hits either way and few EP came along and finished me off. He then proceeded to (snip) me, I found it a little funny given my lack of crits, his higher level, DK etc...

Anyway, my question, when do you think it's 'acceptable' to (snip). I ask, as I don't do it. I see some doing it after killing anyone, killing higher levels etc.

[Moderator Note: Edited per our rules on Inappropriate Content & Language]
Edited by ZOS_SilviaS on June 30, 2014 11:40PM
www.youtube.com/watch?feature=youtu.be&v=Ks8_KGHqmO4
  • aipex8_ESO
    aipex8_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    How about never?
  • phairdon
    phairdon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    (snip)? please define what you mean by this.

Edited by ZOS_SilviaS on June 30, 2014 11:40PM
    Your immersion is breaking my entitlement. Buff Sorc's. Darkshroud the cremator Death by furRubeus BlackFluffy knight BladesThe Fat PantherPsijic Fungal SausageFlesheater the VileCaspian Rafferty FernsbyArchfiend Warlock PiersThe Black BishopEvil Wizard Lizard (EU)Neberra Vestige Fajeon (EU)Salanis Deathstick (EU)Blood Mage Alchemist (EU)
  • SaibotLiu
    SaibotLiu
    ✭✭✭✭
    The acceptable time to (snip) is when it will annoy your enemy, which is the vast majority of the time. In the case you mentioned, that's a perfect time to do it.

I've spent way too much time fighting AD and the AB steamroller late night aussie crowd to (snip) every single one of those sons of *** when I get a kill. They know its coming.

Edited by ZOS_SilviaS on June 30, 2014 11:49PM
  • Evergnar
    Evergnar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Had no idea it had a code of conduct.
  • BrassRazoo
    BrassRazoo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I usually like to put my teabag in the cup first, then right after the water is boiled I pour.
    I let the teabag steep for a minute or two then jingle it up and down for good measure.
    Edited by ZOS_SilviaS on June 30, 2014 11:43PM
  • nerevarine1138
    nerevarine1138
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    phairdon wrote: »

Please don't.
    ----
    Murray?
  • jelliedsoup
    jelliedsoup
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You have a hot cup of water, and dip your tea bag into it. Google it.
    Edited by ZOS_SilviaS on June 30, 2014 11:49PM
  • OrangeTheCat
    OrangeTheCat
    ✭✭✭✭✭

You have to see it. Imagine a male character straddling your prone corpse squatting up and down a few times (sneak->unsneak->sneak->... is how I imagine it is done).
  • jelliedsoup
    jelliedsoup
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    SaibotLiu wrote: »
    The acceptable time to (snip) is when it will annoy your enemy, which is the vast majority of the time. In the case you mentioned, that's a perfect time to do it.

I've spent way too much time fighting AD and the AB steamroller late night aussie crowd to not (snip) every single one of those sons of *** when I get a kill. They know its coming.

Lol I AM one of the AD Aussie crowd. Was that you?

Edited by ZOS_SilviaS on June 30, 2014 11:44PM
  • LordEcks
    LordEcks
    ✭✭✭
    Tea bagging? please define what you mean by this.

You have to see it. Imagine a male character straddling your prone corpse squatting up and down a few times (sneak->unsneak->sneak->... is how I imagine it is done).

Seen a few Orc ladies do it too. Just sayin

• SaibotLiu
    SaibotLiu
    ✭✭✭✭
    The acceptable time to teabag is when it will annoy your enemy, which is the vast majority of the time. In the case you mentioned, that's a perfect time to do it.

I've spent way too much time fighting AD and the AB steamroller late night aussie crowd to not tea bag every single one of those sons of *** when I get a kill. They know its coming.

Nah I play a NB, the likelyhood I would (snip) another NB is pretty low.

Edited by ZOS_SilviaS on June 30, 2014 11:44PM
  • crislevin
    crislevin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    its acceptable if the aggressor is dead, in this case, you were the aggressor.
  • ferzalrwb17_ESO
    ferzalrwb17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ah you got the 0 crit NB bug? That happens often in Cyrodiil for me. I have to relog. And, yes, it's a bug (that I've bugged). I went an hour with 0 crit there once.

As for (snip).. it's pretty lame but meh.

If someone is (snip) you then perhaps you have caused them grief at some point. I wouldn't be concerned. They're probably the angry one - or 12 years old. One of them.

In friendly rivalries people usually try to defile a little more creatively than that. To get a laugh and it should be goodnatured.

Edited by ZOS_SilviaS on June 30, 2014 11:45PM
  • phairdon
    phairdon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    You have a hot cup of water, and dip your (snip) into it. Google it.

Haha; not the definition I know. Which cannot be quoted on here.
    Edited by ZOS_SilviaS on June 30, 2014 11:45PM
    Your immersion is breaking my entitlement. Buff Sorc's. Darkshroud the cremator Death by furRubeus BlackFluffy knight BladesThe Fat PantherPsijic Fungal SausageFlesheater the VileCaspian Rafferty FernsbyArchfiend Warlock PiersThe Black BishopEvil Wizard Lizard (EU)Neberra Vestige Fajeon (EU)Salanis Deathstick (EU)Blood Mage Alchemist (EU)
  • jelliedsoup
    jelliedsoup
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I've spent way too much time fighting AD and the AB steamroller late night aussie crowd to not (snip) every single one of those sons of *** when I get a kill. They know its coming.

Nah I play a NB, the likelyhood I would [snip] another NB is pretty low.

Yes I hear you. I don't mind dying to an nb, no talons, shards etc....

Edited by ZOS_AlexD on June 30, 2014 11:55PM
  • jelliedsoup
    jelliedsoup
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    crislevin wrote: »
    What do you mean? He hit me back he should have told on me, 2 wrongs don't make a right.
  • Ser Lobo
    Ser Lobo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I will (snip) for a number of reasons, the most common of which is when I'm setup in camp and I want that enemy to blindly return to my position out of anger or frustration. Because a smart enemy would have done anything to not commit the same mistake. And making an opponent upset can turn the smartest person into a dumb player.

In rare cases where the opponent uses cheap or underhanded tactics (in example, relying on obviously overpowered builds/skills/weapons), or are higher level, or is found cheating (wall-glitching, etc), I will (snip) as a means of flipping them a big salute.

Edited by ZOS_SilviaS on June 30, 2014 11:47PM
    Ruze Aulus. Mayor of Dhalmora. Archer, hunter, assassin. Nightblade.
    Gral. Mountain Terror. Barbarian, marauder, murderer. Nightblade.
    Na'Djin. Knight-Blade. Knight, vanguard, defender. Nightblade.

XBOX NA
    Ruze is a veteran of the PC Beta, lived through the year one drought, survived the buy-to-play conversion, and has stepped foot in the hells known as Craglorn. He mained a nightlbade when nightblades weren't good, and has never worn a robe. He converted from PC during the console betas, and hasn't regretted it a moment since.

He'd rank ESO:TU (in it's current state) a 4.8 out of 5, loving the game almost entirely.

This is an multiplayer game. I should be able to log in, join a dungeon, join a battleground, queue for a dolmen or world boss or delve, teleport in, play for 20 minutes, and not worry about getting kicked, failing to join, having perfect voice coms, or being unable to complete content because someone's lagging behind. Group Finder and matchmaking is broken. Take a note from Destiny and build a system that allows from drop-in/drop-out functionality and quick play.
  • crislevin
    crislevin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    crislevin wrote: »
    What do you mean? He hit me back he should have told on me, 2 wrongs don't make a right.

lol, there is nothing wrong with what you did, its Cyrodiil, I would sneak up on him too.

but in literally sense, you started the fight, so he has the right to be happy after you got killed.
    Edited by crislevin on June 30, 2014 11:28PM
  • jelliedsoup
    jelliedsoup
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If a lower level (non dk) did it, I would prostrate myself at their feet for (snip), otherwise it just comes across as a little juvenile.

Edited by ZOS_SilviaS on June 30, 2014 11:48PM
  • ZOS_AlexD
    Hey everyone. We're going to temporarily close this thread in order to clean it up a little bit. We'll reopen it very soon. Thank you for your patience!
    The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Facebook | Twitter | Google+ | Tumblr | Pinterest | YouTube | ESO Knowledge Base
    Staff Post
  • ZOS_AlexD
    Ok, everyone, we're going to re-open the thread. We appreciate all of the feedback and the constructive conversation this thread is fielding. While we understand that the term previously used in this thread is often used in gaming, it is also inappropriate. The conversation may continue, but we ask that you use a more appropriate term, such as taunt or mock when teasing players in PvP. Thank you for your understanding!
    The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Facebook | Twitter | Google+ | Tumblr | Pinterest | YouTube | ESO Knowledge Base
    Staff Post
  • SFBryan18
    SFBryan18
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Wow, can't believe that word has been censored. This forum has reached a new low.
  • nerevarine1138
    nerevarine1138
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    SFBryan18 wrote: »
    Wow, can't believe that word has been censored. This forum has reached a new low.

Really? You can't believe it?

Most forums are moderated for profanity or explicit language.
    ----
    Murray?
  • SFBryan18
    SFBryan18
    ✭✭✭✭✭

The word is not profane or explicit. It's just a gesture which describes a similarity to a hot drink.
  • nerevarine1138
    nerevarine1138
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

The word is not profane or explicit. It's just a gesture which describes a similarity to a hot drink.

Well golly gee willikers, Beaver! Do you think that the body part that stands in for the satchel of herbs and spices would potentially be considered explicit on the forums?
    ----
    Murray?
  • SFBryan18
    SFBryan18
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Well golly gee willikers, Beaver! Do you think that the body part that stands in for the satchel of herbs and spices would potentially be considered explicit on the forums?

Maybe in kindergarten. I mean, I am allowed to describe the victim I chopped up in the game, but I guess violence is ok and reproductive organs are not.
    Edited by SFBryan18 on July 1, 2014 12:17AM
  • MasterSpatula
    MasterSpatula
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Don't you guys know you can't discuss politics in this forum?
    "A probable impossibility is preferable to an improbable possibility." - Aristotle
  • Esha76
    Esha76
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don't always enjoy tea... But when I do, I prefer Earl Grey after a good gank.

How's that? Acceptable?
    "There is no moisture in your angry stares." - Laughs-at-All
    "I don't know why I bother guarding you horrible people." - Orama Sadas
    "Scales here is about to have a really bad day..." - Valeric
    "Just tell me what you're doing here before I turn your heart into a tomato..." - Sereyne
    "Break those rocks! Dig those ditches! Why??? Because I want you to!!!" - Ifriz the Unraveller
    "There are worse masters than I. Far worse." - Molag Bal
    "I humiliated the Daedra in Mehrunes Spite." - You, when turning in a specific Undaunted Daily.
    "I'm not finding you very pleasant!" - Adla the Brewer
    "Old Ri'hirr likes his birds slow and stupid!" - Old Ri'hirr
    "When things get dirty... Oh, I get so flustered." - Meredil the Archivist
    "Too many Argonians about these days..." - Davon's Watch Guard (though I think this one has been removed from game)
  • wllstrt75b14_ESO
    wllstrt75b14_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    its appropriate its a game, but that doesnt account for zenicraps abillity to nerf the least effective class in game while leaving the op classes alone..nothing like taking away the measly 1.5 second stun after ambush but leaving the stun and making it extremely difficult to get out of after crystal shards which does more damage then ambush to begin with and is from range.

Zenimax could care less what happens to a NB as long as their DK's and Sorcerers continue to be OP thats all they care about.

I mean seriously invasion then talons...I realize invasion is a general skill but coupled with talons its sick and devastating.

NB's have to use mark target and snipe or convert to robe to be effective or use veiled blades.

so yeah your a NB get used to zenimax not caring.

• Hypertionb14_ESO
    Hypertionb14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Youknowwhating has been the plague of PVP gameplay since the ability to crouch was first introduced in a multiplayer game...

at least its been 10-20 years..

That said, when the online gameplay hit the mass market of the consoles, it really took off.. becoming a sub culture innate to playing against other players in video games..

IRL it would probably see you put in jail, or in the real of proffesional sports at least see you fired with no one willing to hire you and no fans willing to support you.. hell i bet if it happened in international soccer the offending player would get shot by fans of the guy it happened too..

the problem is that video games offer a blanket of anonymity... Hell the naming and shaming rules on these forms help foster that part... meaning they can be as rude and crude as they want and not get in trouble for it, and given the option most will do what they feel like doing instead of "being polite"

If *** was legal and the rapists protected from prosecution or even identification... everyone would be out there doing it...
    I play every class in every situation. I love them all.