The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

No In-game sounds At All, since Last Patch

defilade__ESO
defilade__ESO
✭✭✭
I submitted a ticket on this already, but want to know if anyone else is experiencing this.

When i load the game, the normal sounds are played as it goes thru the bouncing dice, to Bathesda, Zenimax , Havok... all that animation has the normal sounds, but when i get the the login screen, there is no music, when there has always been game music before. Ditto for the character launch screen, no music.

I did try playing one of the Cinematic scenes, and the one with the Profit introducing the story background has normal sound. But the character screen - no sound. Launching a character into the game, no sound. No ambient sound, no music, no voice overs, no sound for casting spells, etc... NO SOUND in game at all. Just for kicks i clicked the default button under the sound options in "Settings."

I opened my sound icon on the task bar, and clicked Mixer, and the slider for Elder Scrolls Online is fine. I restarted the game. During the intro for loading the game I can see the bouncing green indicator corresponding to the sounds, same for the cinematic scenes. There is no sound after getting to the login screen, nor in the game after logging in a character.

This started yesterday, and I've since relogged, and restarted my computer. all other sound devices work, mumbble, windows media player, etc...

I'm going to try a "repair" from the launcher.
Edited by defilade__ESO on June 25, 2014 10:45PM
  • defilade__ESO
    defilade__ESO
    ✭✭✭
    I also made sure all my addons were off, but still no sound.
  • defilade__ESO
    defilade__ESO
    ✭✭✭
    Okay, it took four hours to repair. the repair process crashed three times, said the target file was corrupted, and one time it crashed my computer to the blue screen of death. but finally finished and the sound is now back.
  • Ysandre
    Ysandre
    Soul Shriven
    I guess I'll try that too - just hope I don't need to download 4 gig again, since we pay for bandwidth here Q.Q
    - Thanks for posting, at least I know it's not just me!
  • BigM
    BigM
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    What was weird I had music but no other sounds footstep's ect.. Repair did fix it.
    Edited by BigM on September 16, 2014 5:07PM
    “The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge.”
    ― Stephen Hawking
  • ZOS_GaryA
    ZOS_GaryA
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hey there folks,

Just wanted to let everyone know that we are currently investigating the issues with sound effects since the release of 1.4. We appreciate your patience while a solution is in the works.
    The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Facebook | Twitter | Google+ | Tumblr | Pinterest | YouTube | ESO Knowledge Base
    Staff Post