The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Anyone achieve Soul Shriven as character forum title? A badge of honor for questioning authority?

Ragekniv
Ragekniv
✭✭✭
Just noticed today that instead of stars, I now have soul shriven next to my forum name as you will notice above.

Seems amusing to me if its some curious badge of honor for questioning authority.

I play a VR6 Templar. Well to be blunt I played a VR6 Templar. Post ninja nerf I had to respect to a build I do not enjoy.

I've been grinding Battlefield Phantom Trainee pistol kills and contributing constructive feedback in the forums while waiting for a sensible resolution by Zenimax.

Anyone have this occur? I'm curious what precipitated a removal of stars for "Soul Shriven".
  • tilolyen_ESO
    tilolyen_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    Its a title for n00b posters under a specific number of posts, educated guess of course doing my own research on the issue.
  • Yakidafi
    Yakidafi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Forumers who lost their soul in the forum?
    Moons and sands shall be your guide and path.
    PC EU/NA
  • nerevarine1138
    nerevarine1138
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Since it only appears to apply to posters without stars next to their name, I think it's part of a new ranking system.

Edit: After re-reading your post, no. You don't get a badge for standing up to "the man." You aren't that important to them.
    Edited by nerevarine1138 on May 31, 2014 9:57PM
    ----
    Murray?
  • tilolyen_ESO
    tilolyen_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    You aren't that important to them.

You mean like players are to Zenimax? >:)
  • Ragekniv
    Ragekniv
    ✭✭✭
    You aren't that important to them.

You mean like players are to Zenimax? >:)

That would make sense if as stated, the "Soul Shriven" moniker appeared in place of stars bar of which I had been previously ranked.

With respect to Zenimax respecting its player base. I think undisclosed ninja nerf precedents and current class imbalance as well as the litany of game content related issues speaks for itself.

Sections of its consumer base and their concerns remain unimportant to Zenimax.

Hence, the ghost town effect that has been spoken of at length by forum contributors.
  • Ragekniv
    Ragekniv
    ✭✭✭
    Since it only appears to apply to posters without stars next to their name, I think it's part of a new ranking system.

Edit: After re-reading your post, no. You don't get a badge for standing up to "the man." You aren't that important to them.

Sorry for posting wrong quote in the above post.

That would make sense if as stated, the "Soul Shriven" moniker appeared in place of stars bar of which I had been previously ranked.

With respect to Zenimax respecting its player base. I think undisclosed ninja nerf precedents and current class imbalance as well as the litany of game content related issues speaks for itself.

Sections of its consumer base and their concerns remain unimportant to Zenimax.

Hence, the ghost town effect that has been spoken of at length by forum contributors.
  • SirJesto
    SirJesto
    ✭✭✭
    Pretty sure Soul Shriven is what ZOS call Trolls....
  • Ragekniv
    Ragekniv
    ✭✭✭
    "Congratulations you have just been promoted to level 1"

Just received the removal of my "Soul Shriven" title!

No Zenimax response of explanation. Too funny!
  • nerevarine1138
    nerevarine1138
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ragekniv wrote: »

That's related to your point totals. The moderators don't comb through posts and decide when someone is "ready" for promotion. So that would be why you got no explanation.

But by all means, continue believing that the moderators have specifically labeled you as a "troublemaker" and are trying to make life hard for you. Whatever floats your boat.
    ----
    Murray?
  • Ragekniv
    Ragekniv
    ✭✭✭

That's related to your point totals. The moderators don't comb through posts and decide when someone is "ready" for promotion. So that would be why you got no explanation.

But by all means, continue believing that the moderators have specifically labeled you as a "troublemaker" and are trying to make life hard for you. Whatever floats your boat.

Reactions

Developer
    Insightful
    Agree
    Awesome
    LOL

My comment number next to bubble only shows 5 agree comments. Something happened that remains unexplained.

I'm not perturbed, I just found it curious that star status had disappeared for "Soul Shriven" moniker and sought to tap the wisdom of the community.

Have a nice day!
  • nerevarine1138
    nerevarine1138
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Reactions

Developer
    Insightful
    Agree
    Awesome
    LOL

My comment number next to bubble only shows 5 agree comments. Something happened that remains unexplained.

I'm not perturbed, I just found it curious that star status had disappeared for "Soul Shriven" moniker and sought to tap the wisdom of the community.

Have a nice day!

That's not your point total, and the "5 Agrees" icon is a badge, not a running total of your Agree points. You have 20 Agrees (at the time of writing this post). Your point total is displayed in all the small text under your name, and my guess is that they've added some small hurdle for "Soul Shriven" people to get one star, instead of starting everyone out with one.
    ----
    Murray?
  • Ragekniv
    Ragekniv
    ✭✭✭
    Fair enough, appreciate the feedback.
  • ZOS_TristanK
    ZOS_TristanK
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    New members of the ESO forums can earn their way from Soul Shriven to Vestige by participating in our Community. May the moonlight stay sweet on your tongue!
    The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Facebook | Twitter | Google+ | Tumblr | Pinterest | YouTube | ESO Knowledge Base
    Staff Post
  • TMick90
    TMick90
    "New members of the ESO forums can earn their way from Soul Shriven to Vestige by participating in our Community. May the moonlight stay sweet on your tongue!"

I am still at the soul shriven rank trying to get promoted....

VR7 Imperial Templar
    otw to VR14
  • Kulldasak
    Kulldasak
    Soul Shriven
    Yes I am soul shriven - BUT I was in the pool!
  • Ace_of_Destiny
    Ace_of_Destiny
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    TMick90 wrote: »
    "New members of the ESO forums can earn their way from Soul Shriven to Vestige by participating in our Community. May the moonlight stay sweet on your tongue!"

I am still at the soul shriven rank trying to get promoted....

VR7 Imperial Templar
    otw to VR14

Holy Necro Batman!
    EQUALIZE ALL PLATFORMS!
    IF ONE HAS IT...ALL SHOULD HAVE IT!
    !

)==================================================(
    ~MegaServer~>PS4 (NA) ~PSN~>Ace-of-Destiny
    )===================================================(
    I don't care what platform it is on...an MMORPG without Text Chat is NOT an MMORPG!