The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Where are the forum rules?

zombie2kornout
Let me start by noting that I know that there is a forum changes feedback thread. The reason that I have not posted in that thread is because it does not pertain to the recent changes and believe this topic addresses this community in general.

I occasionally visit this forum and Alliance War and usually find them swamped by negativity and petty personal attacks from one group to another. Legitimate, well organized, and sincere discussion is rarely present here.

So, I wondered where the forum rules were located. Did we have any? I found them buried in official news and patch notes. I do not know if they are already anywhere more visible, but if not can we move these "community rules" to a sticky at the top of every forum page? This community is in dire need of stern moderation for what many call "jerks"--people who overwhelmingly make everyone else in the community miserable. The act of paying for a game does not give anyone the right to start fires all over the forum just to watch the community burn.

It seems to me that the powers that be ought to make these rules visible and enforce them.

http://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/discussion/60843/community-rules
  • class101
    class101
    ✭✭✭
    These forums are not good anyway, even using google to search on it is easier than using its search function or browsing all the categories
    Edited by class101 on May 31, 2014 7:05PM
  • AlexDougherty
    AlexDougherty
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    here is what I found community-rules
    People believe what they either want to be true or what they are afraid is true!
    Wizard's first rule
    Passion rules reason
    Wizard's third rule
    Mind what people Do, not what they say, for actions betray a lie.
    Wizard's fifth rule
    Willfully turning aside from the truth is treason to one's self
    Wizard's tenth rule
  • zombie2kornout
    Right. The link is at the bottom of my post. However, what I was trying to argue is that that thread needs to be stickied, if not to everyone's forehead, then to the top of every forum. Furthermore, those rules seem decent, but they need to be vigorously enforced. Right now you have a bunch of people whooshing around throwing molotovs without being at all constructive--that should stop.
  • ZOS_JanS
    ZOS_JanS
    ✭✭✭✭
    Greetings @zombie2kornout!

Thank you for your feedback and your suggestion. Visibility of our rules aside, you can always flag comments you feel need our attention and moderation by using the button in the lower left corner.
    Edited by ZOS_JanS on May 31, 2014 7:16PM
    The Elder Scrolls Online Social Team - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Facebook | Twitter | Google+ | Tumblr | Pinterest | YouTube | ESO Knowledge Base
    Staff Post
  • Dagus
    Dagus
    ✭✭✭
    ZOS_JanS wrote: »

Thank you for your feedback and your suggestion. Visibility of our rules aside, you can always flag comments you feel need our attention and moderation by using the button in the lower left corner.

can we flag you guys if you get a little raucous ?
    nothing worse than a rogue mod with a fist full of chocolate and cake i always say.
    RAWR!!!
  • Phantax
    Phantax
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Dagus wrote: »
    ZOS_JanS wrote: »

can we flag you guys if you get a little raucous ?
    nothing worse than a rogue mod with a fist full of chocolate and cake i always say.

Yes its possible (err... so I'm told)

:/
    High Elf Sorcerer VR12 - Destro / Resto Staff
    I'm a werewolf. If you vamps don't like it.... Bite me !
    We're not retreating... we're advancing in a different direction !
  • Rosveen
    Rosveen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    class101 wrote: »
    These forums are not good anyway, even using google to search on it is easier than using its search function or browsing all the categories
    No joke. I was wondering if I should report a post the other day, had the same problem as the OP and ended up googling the forum rules. No way I'd find them here, in this English-German-French mess of threads. They need to be pinned at the top somewhere.