Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Error 210 Launcher problems

Sunrock
Sunrock
✭✭✭
When I open the launcher its blank all I see is the back ground image. Then I wait 5 minutes and the UI load in. But I don't get the play button. 5 min later again and I get the 210 error. I also don't even have the repair option.

• ZOS_HugoP
    ZOS_HugoP
    ✭✭✭
    Greetings @Sunrock

The Patch Manifest error (Error 209 and 210) occurs when a game client has not updated correctly or the launcher can not determine the version. The result is that the typical patch from one version to the next will not work. You should first try to set the program to run as administrator:

1. Run As Administrator
    • Right-click on the launcher icon
    • Select "Properties"
    • Choose the "Compatibility" tab
    • Check the box that says "Run as Administrator"
    • Click Apply and OK. Try to run the game.

If you are still experiencing trouble try the following:

2. Repair the Game Client

- If the "Play" button reads "Install":
    • Click the install button and start downloading
    • Once the download begins, shutdown the launcher
    • Restart the launcher
    • Expand the Game Options menu (Cog wheel located above the News Feed)
    • It should say "Updating..." Under that it should say Cancel. Click Cancel
    • The expanded tab should now change to include "Repair." Click repair, and wait for it to finish.

( If "Play" button reads "Install or Update" during the download process:
    • Expand the Game Options menu (Cog wheel located above the News Feed)
    • If the tab says "Installing…," restart the launcher
    • When the tab says "Updating…," click Cancel
    • The expanded tab should now change to include "Repair." Click repair, and wait for it to finish.

The repair process will go through a loop of verify --> download --> verify until all the files are repaired. The progress bar will therefore go from 0 to 100 multiple times before it finishes. It is possible that the system will need to download large files.

3. Delete Patcher Program Data Files:
    • Navigate to the Patch's install Folder (by Default located at C:\Program Files (x86)ZenimaxOnline\Launcher
    • Locate and Delete the "ProgramData" Folder
    • Restart the Launcher
    • The Launcher should now display "Creating Download." This is normal as the launcher begins the regeneration process. It can take anywhere between 21-30% before the launcher switches to "Downloading Game Files"
    • Try to run the the client

4. 15 - 20 Minutes Wait:

Once the "Patch Manifest Error" reveals itself, click "OK"
    It will sit for about 15-20 minutes show "Patch Manifest" or "Error 209". Play button will be unusable at this time (gray).
    After 15-20 minutes, Play button becomes blue and will launch as normal.

5. If all above steps fail you will need to reinstall ( last resort)

The following steps to uninstall and reinstall the ESO game client will resolve the errors and allow you to play the game.

Uninstall the Game Client
    • From the launcher, select the title of the relevant game client
    • Click "Game Options" (near the center of the launcher)
    • From the "Game Options" drop-down, select "Uninstall"
    • IMPORTANT: Do not uninstall the client through the computer's Control Panel
    • Click "Apply"

Install the Game Client
    • From the launcher, select the game client
    • Click "Install"
    Edited by ZOS_HugoP on May 31, 2014 5:35PM
    The Elder Scrolls Online Social Team - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Facebook | Twitter | Google+ | Tumblr | Pinterest | YouTube | ESO Knowledge Base
    Staff Post
  • quietscribe
    quietscribe
    ✭✭✭
    I just wanted to post a thank you to ZOS_HugoP for posting this detailed response. My own problem is fixed now as a result.

I just got this error out of the blue. I closed the game to go do something around the house and came back 45 mins later only to get this issue. The computer hadn't been turned off and nothing had been changed, and yet suddenly the error was there. It was like the launcher could not access the game servers (not even the news on it would load), even though nothing had changed and my connection worked just fine.

Running as administrator didn't work, and there was initially no 'repair' button. However letting it sit for the 15-20 mins did seem to trigger it, for eventually after it had popped the error a couple of times the repair button did appear. At first the result was the same as before, and I got the error 210 again, and I went off to search the forums again, only to find that some time later it actually DID start to repair and verify.. and then.. I was in!

I hope any other people that get this error will also find a solution :)
    quietscribe.wordpress.com
  • 47A0111
    47A0111
    Soul Shriven
    if you are reading this, it is my last try.
    Sent you an Formal email once, no reply from customer support.

well, always ERROR 210. i tried everything i can find in your FORUM/SUPPORT,
    and also everything i can find on internet using Google.

my Launcher always dead after a patch updated. Actually your launcher always dead at 99percent patching no matter how many hours i waited (once closed and reopen it would stuck at downloading..... i need to uninstall and reinstall right after the patch and it would work till the arrival of the next patch.)

BUT NOW, at this moment uninstall+reinstall did not work.
    + install the whole new client on different location does not work also.
    temporary solution playing with .exe works. but got unknown error every 5 minutes

What should i do?
    cancel subscription and go back to my beloved TES Oblivion+ TES Skyrim ???

• yv3tt3
    yv3tt3
    since today i have the same problem. i did all of the above that the dev said.

nothing worked !

please fix this. its really hard to sit there in your free time and try to launch the game for hours !
  • BaKaNoOB
    BaKaNoOB
    ✭✭✭
    WebGet timeout on socket IO for request http://launcher.bethesda.net/Bethesda.net_Launcher/Bethesda.net_Launcher.patchmanifest (15.0:1) -- requesting retry
    Failed to create http request handle [0x00000006 GET:/Bethesda.net_Launcher/Bethesda.net_Launcher.patchmanifest:HTTP/1.1:]
    WebGet timeout on socket IO for request http://launcher.bethesda.net/Bethesda.net_Launcher/Bethesda.net_Launcher.patchmanifest (15.0:3) -- requesting retry
    Failed to create http request handle [0x00000006 GET:/Bethesda.net_Launcher/Bethesda.net_Launcher.patchmanifest:HTTP/1.1:]
    WebGet timeout on socket IO for request http://launcher.bethesda.net/Bethesda.net_Launcher/Bethesda.net_Launcher.patchmanifest (15.0:5) -- requesting retry
    MoveFile(C:\kuyrai\Launcher\ProgramData\Host.40363154937faac7c181662f26714735a8f4e6f8\061b8d0af8fa3d892fdc9723a00d5d6ccff18f5a.patchmanifest.partial, C:\kuyrai\Launcher\ProgramData\Host.40363154937faac7c181662f26714735a8f4e6f8\061b8d0af8fa3d892fdc9723a00d5d6ccff18f5a.patchmanifest) source does not exist
    http://127.0.0.1:49535/applications.js (1155): ---- The Elder Scrolls Online (NA) changing state: 1 ----
    Response code set [/images/gold/btn-teal-disabled.png:200:0]
    http://127.0.0.1:49535/applications.js (1155): ---- The Elder Scrolls Online (EU) changing state: 1 ----
    http://127.0.0.1:49535/applications.js (1155): ---- The Elder Scrolls Online (PTS) changing state: 1 ----

I think this is causing it, then launcher state changes from active 1 to 0 which i suppose is inactive :(
    Try repairing/reinstaling the game (just run the game installer again and install the game in same dir)

ps: try clicking the http links to launcher.bethesda.net - it your browser dont ask you to download patch.manifest then that is , this site is blocked for you for some reason and that is causing the problem at least i think that
    Edited by BaKaNoOB on June 17, 2014 6:28PM
  • moloTov
    moloTov
    ZOS_HugoP wrote: »

5. If all above steps fail you will need to reinstall ( last resort)

And what to do if your launcher won't launch at all (constant loading loop) and the install and reinstall don't fix this problem? What then?
    Edited by moloTov on June 18, 2014 12:30AM
  • Sihnfahl
    Sihnfahl
    ✭✭✭✭
    Look in your event viewer - anything in the application log as far as errors?
  • moloTov
    moloTov
    Sihnfahl wrote: »
    Look in your event viewer - anything in the application log as far as errors?

Event viewer? You mean host developer log? If so, there is no mention of the word 'error' but the log does seem to repeat the following about 100 times...

Checking manifest (D:\Games_JLO\ESO\Launcher\ProgramData\Host.ecdffac10a88f960895781bec3d0c141c8e94f76\061b8d0af8fa3d892fdc9723a00d5d6ccff18f5a.patchmanifest) (31 to 31)

• Sihnfahl
    Sihnfahl
    ✭✭✭✭
    I'm guessing that file doesn't exist?
  • moloTov
    moloTov
    Actually, that file does exist. Also, below is the event log:

The program Bethesda.net_Launcher.exe version 3.5.2.0 stopped interacting with Windows and was closed. To see if more information about the problem is available, check the problem history in the Action Center control panel.
    Process ID: 8650
    Start Time: 01cf8a27c721433d
    Termination Time: 4294967295
    Application Path: D:\Games_JLO\Launcher\Bethesda.net_Launcher.exe
    Report Id: a837af0d-f61e-11e3-82b7-94de80adc618
    Faulting package full name:
    Faulting package-relative application ID: