The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

This is not a quitting/goodbye thread.

Morthrax
Morthrax
Hypothetically speaking, if you were to cancel your subscription today and wished to give Zenimax Online Studios some meaningful feedback (they do not ask for any if you cancel your sub) what would it be?

Hypothetically speaking, my biggest reason for canceling would be after I hit 50 and beat the main story to the game, I have to grind out the equivalent of 30 more levels before I can even do the end game PVE content. The process of leveling up in the VR system is like a giant void where nothing is being accomplished but the grind to Craglorn. It seems to me like the VR system was an after thought, added to the game solely for the purpose of visiting the other alliance's zones. But its now in the way, a huge time sink preventing me from getting into Craglorn groups. A time sink made even more difficult and time consuming by the last patch.
  • nerevarine1138
    nerevarine1138
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I would imagine, hypothetically, so to speak, that if someone tried to get around the rule about no quitting threads by creating a hypothetical quitting thread, that it would still count as a quitting thread.

There is a /feedback feature in-game. Feel free to avail yourself of it.
    ----
    Murray?
  • liquid_wolf
    liquid_wolf
    ✭✭✭✭
    Hey guys,

This change was not intended, though some VR content and monsters are indeed more difficult after yesterday’s patch. We are working on a fix now to revert the difficulty back to what you were familiar with prior to patch 1.1.2, and plan to have this rolled out in the next 24 hours. Thanks so much for your patience!

Looks like there is a patch coming to fix the mob difficulty.

It should be here soon.
  • Rikushin
    Rikushin
    Soul Shriven
    I feel you should literally quit. Like I am very shortly
    If this isn't resolved.
  • Morthrax
    Morthrax
    Hypothetically speaking, another huge issue I have with this game is the lack of communication from developers about the massive amount of bugs their patches introduce. They have time to close my idiotic threads but no time to keep the community informed about game breaking issues. sigh
  • Tarwin
    Tarwin
    ✭✭✭
    I would imagine, hypothetically, so to speak, that if someone tried to get around the rule about no quitting threads by creating a hypothetical quitting thread, that it would still count as a quitting thread.

Along with the not so hypothetical previous post by the OP with not as much hypothetical content that resulted in a closed thread
  • WilliamTee
    WilliamTee
    ✭✭✭
    Hypothetically you get to experience all the game content on one character if you choose to rather than being FORCED to have multiple characters to experience all content like in other games.

Hypothetically why shouldn't you go through what almost every other VR10 dude went through to get to VR10?

Hypothetically, does hypothetically count as a get out of jail free card for saying whatever we want and getting away with it?
  • nerevarine1138
    nerevarine1138
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hey guys,

This change was not intended, though some VR content and monsters are indeed more difficult after yesterday’s patch. We are working on a fix now to revert the difficulty back to what you were familiar with prior to patch 1.1.2, and plan to have this rolled out in the next 24 hours. Thanks so much for your patience!

Looks like there is a patch coming to fix the mob difficulty.

It should be here soon.

You're assuming that people are reading the developer posts instead of having knee-jerk overreactions to minor inconveniences.
    ----
    Murray?
  • Reinmard
    Reinmard
    ✭✭✭
    People complaining too loud? *** that, censure the post.
    Oh *** we dont other people to see than people is leaving, coz that will make them think there is a reason for leaving....maybe....or maybe not, but they will think at least!!. Close the post! fast!
    Edited by Reinmard on May 23, 2014 4:51PM
  • Turelus
    Turelus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Just make a post title "general feedback" and list everything you think, don't mention you sub at all because it has no baring on that feedback whatsoever and is normally more of an attempt by players to push their feedback as important.
    @Turelus - EU PC Megaserver
    "Don't count on others for help. In the end each of us is in this alone. The survivors are those who know how to look out for themselves."
  • nerevarine1138
    nerevarine1138
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Reinmard wrote: »
    Oh *** we dont other people to see than people is leaving, coz that will make them think there is a reason for leaving....maybe....or maybe not, but they will think at least!!. Close the post! fast!

No, it's about people posting idiotic threads about how they're quitting, when their subscription loss will be plenty of feedback for ZO. They only post on the forums to stir up trouble and get attention.
    ----
    Murray?
  • Shiaxi
    Shiaxi
    ✭✭✭
    Hypothetically speaking if I were to cancel my subscription it wouldn't be because of anything ZOS did but because of all the MMO's I've played this one has got to have the loudest, frothing at the mouth angry screaming and entitled players in the forums and the zone chat I've ever come across.

not saying that all of you are this bad but dear god scrolling through general you can just feel the prepubescent hatred seeping through your monitor....
    Edited by Shiaxi on May 23, 2014 4:58PM
  • Still_Mind
    Still_Mind
    ✭✭✭
    This is, hypothetically, not a "can I have your stuff" post. :)
    "I'm not *giving* him cake, I'm *assaulting* him with cake!"
  • Morthrax
    Morthrax
    Tarwin wrote: »

Along with the not so hypothetical previous post by the OP with not as much hypothetical content that resulted in a closed thread

lol someone is paying attention :wink:
  • SaibotLiu
    SaibotLiu
    ✭✭✭✭
    Absolutely, I never had any interest in doing VR content at all, now that I'm almost done with the main quest, I have less and less desire to log in and play. I'm not quitting exactly yet, but its looking that way, hypothetically. Its just poor design. You shouldn't take a character that has leveled through multiple zones of one faction, defeated your "end game" zone, then make them in essence go back to the beginning again, and do it two more times. All sense of progression is lost, and it makes not a damn bit of sense.

If anything, Craglorn should've been released as an alternative to doing other factions zones. Or greatly increase the PVP VR experience. Im not saying that my playstyle should be accommodated by any means. But when your design is this bad, this lacking of all known game logic, offer an alternative for Christs sake. Too hard?
  • Morthrax
    Morthrax
    WilliamTee wrote: »
    Hypothetically, does hypothetically count as a get out of jail free card for saying whatever we want and getting away with it?

dunno yet...
  • Reinmard
    Reinmard
    ✭✭✭
    Reinmard wrote: »

No, it's about people posting idiotic threads about how they're quitting, when their subscription loss will be plenty of feedback for ZO. They only post on the forums to stir up trouble and get attention.
    I actually prefer to see those posts than a lot of posts of people complaining without getting any answer and the fanboys (Im a fan of TES, but there is a reason why the fan word comes from fanatic) telling all the other to stfu.

• Morthrax
    Morthrax
    Hypothetically why shouldn't you go through what almost every other VR10 dude went through to get to VR10?

I'm not saying the VR system has not been successfully completed by other people, Im saying that now that Craglorn is out, its a giant wall of grinding BS that I (and many others) do not want to go through just to get to the endgame PVE content. It was ill-conceived and you know it.
  • jimthema
    jimthema
    I was surprised when cancelling a subscription the system doesn't ask or suggest an alternative, it essentially says "so sad, too bad, come back if ya want"
    Rather interesting attitude to have.

You can't make people do things, you only have control over your own actions.

So I cancelled because I don't want to pay for this game and all it's issues.
    I'll come back when it's stable, or F2P.

Use your consumer spending power to encourage the behavior you want to see in game development. This MSO always felt like a cash grab, and I feel bad for the developers that actually care.

• Reinmard
    Reinmard
    ✭✭✭
    jimthema wrote: »
    I was surprised when cancelling a subscription the system doesn't ask or suggest an alternative, it essentially says "so sad, too bad, come back if ya want"
    Rather interesting attitude to have.

You can't make people do things, you only have control over your own actions.

So I cancelled because I don't want to pay for this game and all it's issues.
    I'll come back when it's stable, or F2P.

Use your consumer spending power to encourage the behavior you want to see in game development. This MSO always felt like a cash grab, and I feel bad for the developers that actually care.
    It was actually funny xDDD
    It was like "Oh no! We are sooooo sorry to hear you are leaving" xDD I actually like it, it sounded like sarcasm even if it wasnt.
  • hk11
    hk11
    ✭✭✭✭
    I guess my feedback would be:

Make the game less of a pain and more fun by reducing or eliminating the price of respecs.

Don't make sweeping changes that affect more than a quarter of the population, while invalidating their build. Instead make smaller adjustments so that everyone doesn't rage.

Make weapons level faster the higher level you are, so that when your build is invalidated you can switch without rerolling.
  • Jimm_ay
    Jimm_ay
    ✭✭✭
    My hypothetical problem with the VR mobs is that a lot of the stories end up in single player unless you specifically grab someone to team. The world maps are great you can usually find one or two or more doing the same mishes helping to kill the baddies but when you get a loading in screen and it's just you and a BOSSY boss...well. If kiting in a circle does not work, you are screwed.
  • WilliamTee
    WilliamTee
    ✭✭✭
    Morthrax wrote: »

I'm not saying the VR system has not been successfully completed by other people, Im saying that now that Craglorn is out, its a giant wall of grinding BS that I (and many others) do not want to go through just to get to the endgame PVE content. It was ill-conceived and you know it.

Umm. Nope.

I've played other games where I only ever saw one faction's content 'cos levelling in another faction potentially means playing without friends/guild mates.

Here, I can see 100% of content without having to go back to being weak and having no skills, gold, materials or crafts.

If I didn't want to see other factions content I didn't have to. There are other ways to level, if admittedly not as effectively.
  • ZOS_JanS
    ZOS_JanS
    ✭✭✭✭
    Greetings!

We're closing this thread as quitting threads are not allowed on our forums. Additionally, we'd like to point out that neither is deliberately disobeying a ZOS employee which includes reopening threads we have closed - not even with a new name like this. If you'd like to appeal a moderator decision, please contact the forum team or create a ticket through our help portal.

We appreciate and read all the constructive feedback we receive and encourage you to share it with us, but please do so without acting against our Community Rules. One easy way to share your thoughts with us is using the in-game command /feedback.

Thank you!
    The Elder Scrolls Online Social Team - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Facebook | Twitter | Google+ | Tumblr | Pinterest | YouTube | ESO Knowledge Base
    Staff Post
This discussion has been closed.