The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Too Easy vs Too hard ...Solutions only. No rants :D

BlueAvenger
BlueAvenger
✭✭
I would like to propose certain game play improving concepts and would like to get more from everyone in the community.

1. General PVE mobs:
At the current state its either too hard or too easy at times which is because either I am beefed up with good armor or am not.
A good solution to make this acceptable to all players (in my opinion) is to Increase the health of all mobs and dungeon bosses but reduce their damage.
What this will do is, we will get to see all the tactics that a mob can do and also get to use all our tactics to defeat them.

Suggested Amount of Health Increase to all Mobs: Plus 300% current health
Suggested Amount of Damage output by all mobs: Minus 50%

Mainly this is intended for Bosses in world dungeons.
The Bosses in 4 man dungeons seem fine.
But the world bosses should last a lot longer than they do as of now.

2. All World Bosses should scale with how many players are attacking them:
So if there are 10 players attacking a given world boss, the Health of that boss should increase accordingly to allow of the Boss to be able to cast his spells and his tactics. Else what we would usually see is , it goes down in a matter of 5 to 10 seconds.
3. Add more suggestions here.

Just trying to get across a constructive message to the developers. Please keep this Rant free.

ps: I could not find a way to put this in the PVE discussion ..but it seems logical in Dungeons Category too.
  • Aaren
    Aaren
    1. Adjusting health and output isn't that simple of a change. Doing this would greatly favor classes with good regen / resource management. Non restoration staff Templars would be screwed. I could be mistaken, but DKs might not handle that as well as sorcs and NBs either.
    2. Sounds great, maybe apply the same treatment to Dolmens.

• Hearts
    Hearts
    ✭✭✭
    Suggested Amount of Health Increase to all Mobs: Plus 300% current health
    Suggested Amount of Damage output by all mobs: Minus 50%

This would screw me up greatly as I dont have the magicka to take down three enemies with 9k Health each.. Thats a terrible ratio..
    It would also make fighting extremly drawn out, i mean each pack would have a combined of 30k health or so (im talking about VR10 mobs tho) while I do 800 crits with my crystal fragment.
    Edited by Hearts on May 15, 2014 7:33PM
  • Nox_Aeterna
    Nox_Aeterna
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Are you a VR player OP?

Because these changes do not seem like something a player that experienced PvE VR would say.
    "Never attribute to malice that which is adequately explained by stupidity."
    -Hanlon's razor
  • Chirru
    Chirru
    ✭✭✭✭
    My guess... the game's current difficult rating has been chosen so as to slow players down. As it now has shown itself...it did not work. Changing any ratios whatever will not make a difference at all. Average players like me will find things hard and those who power-play will cry things are way to easy.

I take it for a fact that creating the optimal build makes things look easier. Apart from that, many players who now are already V10 have used the Vamp exploit to be where they are. Same players who now brag how easy it was would not find it this easy any longer if they started all over again.

Solution. There is only one. Find the optimal build for your class (even if you do not like it). The very notion that one can choose and mix skills as one likes is a fantasy created to boost the Game's sales.

• Alpha_Protocol
    Alpha_Protocol
    ✭✭✭
    Increase mob health and decrease damage output...

No.

Edit: that sounds extremely boring. If anything I want to die more often... not spend more time grinding mobs that can't hurt me.
    Edited by Alpha_Protocol on May 15, 2014 8:18PM
  • BlueAvenger
    BlueAvenger
    ✭✭
    Are you a VR player OP?

Because these changes do not seem like something a player that experienced PvE VR would say.

Yes u are right.. m not a VR player.
    But this is not about me. I think I mentioned that this is about what people think in general about Hard vs Easy PvE content and how it can be balanced.
    In my opinion, its easy in some quests and hard in some where as it could be balanced across the game. But that would need some changes like I mentioned. But its again up for debate if what I say is logically correct at all or not. As some have already mentioned that changing ratios won't help, I would like to know if they can add anything to this discussion which does help in balancing the games difficulty :)

So any suggestions that we can collectively make to Zenimax ?
    How can the game be balanced? Suggestions?

• schroed360
    schroed360
    ✭✭✭
    I suppose that this fix is in an ongoing situation. I mean in a few nerf of the stick (destro and resto) coupled with change in softcap maybe... The stamina built will be on par and then adjustment on the mob could be done .