The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

VIDEO - VETERAN CRYPT OF HEARTS (No Templar)

• RangerChad
    RangerChad
    ✭✭✭
    I feel like I just took a kick to the groin region...
  • Darwa
    Darwa
    ✭✭
    RangerChad wrote: »
    I feel like I just took a kick to the groin region...

Marginally preferable to an arrow in the knee in my opinion.
  • michaelsf46_ESO
    Ok the reason the are not acknowledging a problem with templars is cause they are fine!

I have recently unsubbed. I wrote an email to tell them why. Here is a part of the email I received back.

"Templars, on the other hand are quite versatile, for instance, besides the healing skills its helpful to use the Spear Wall passive for blocking and the Inner Beast skill from the Undaunted skill line to taunt the opponents.

Personally, I use Templar a lot as healer and dps, so I think it's really a matter of trying different builds if you are not happy with your current one. There are also a lot of resources online to browse through different build suggestions from other players."

So as you see they are fine! Its all of us who are complaining that are the stupid ones.... For some reason his templar was not invited too this group.
  • CosmicChaos
    CosmicChaos
    ✭✭✭
    Alternatively, the devs in the video just happen to personally enjoy playing a class other than the templar more, and there is no sinister plot or conspiracy being hinted at.

Most people usually do enjoy playing classes with a built in easy mode. ^.^

• Axer
    Axer
    ✭✭✭✭
    Well they nerfed templar yet again in 1.2, so maybe they tried but simply couldn't complete the dungeon with the nerfs so they switched to stronger classes.

Whats worse is they keep wording the nerfs in ways that look like buffs.

EG: Remembrance is getting nerfed again:
    Live: 8.5 seconds
    1.2: 4 seconds.

Every other classes strong defensive ultimate lasts 10+ seconds (some up to 18).
    Axer. Main tank and Leader of Crush it! (NA-EP highly skilled trials guild)
  • Antonie
    Antonie
    ✭✭✭
    RivenCsky wrote: »
    LoL nice try. If you watch the video you will hear each of the staff talk about their specific class in the group as shown in the dungeon. So your concept that one was edited is fantasy land and clearly a poorly planned troll.

But Cheers for trying !!!

Exactly, poor developer who played Templar got his part cut out as well.

But seriously watching that video i did not notice an absence of a class untill i read this thread hah!

Edited by Antonie on June 9, 2014 7:05AM
    “Imagination is more important than knowledge. For knowledge is limited to all we now know and understand, while imagination embraces the entire world, and all there ever will be to know and understand.”-Albert Einstein
    Leben ist ein RPG. Was ist DEINE Rolle?-Motto von http://rpgspielen.de/

• RivenCsky
    RivenCsky
    ✭✭
    Axer wrote: »
    Well they nerfed templar yet again in 1.2, so maybe they tried but simply couldn't complete the dungeon with the nerfs so they switched to stronger classes.

Whats worse is they keep wording the nerfs in ways that look like buffs.

EG: Remembrance is getting nerfed again:
    Live: 8.5 seconds
    1.2: 4 seconds.

Every other classes strong defensive ultimate lasts 10+ seconds (some up to 18).

Does not surprise me. Latest is the silent change was to your soft caps. Wonder how many noticed it.
  • Therium104
    Therium104
    ✭✭✭
    RivenCsky wrote: »
    Is there a NB in this video ?

The video consisted of:
    1 Dragonknight (DPS /AoE)
    2 Nightblades (1 Healer, 1 Archer)
    1 Sorcerer (Tank)

Staff Members:
    Rich Lambert (Lead Content Designer)
    Paul Sage (Creative Director)
    Nick Konkle (Lead Game Play Designer)
    Maria Aliprando (Creature Combat Designer)

With the pending release of other MMO's you would think that between the Road Ahead Promo and this Propaganda Release they would in some aspect, ever so slightly hint or attempt to address that they are aware and going to address the short comings of the Templar class.

But nada.

Maybe the data suggests the problem with the Templar class are the players. Lol.

Or perhaps it is hard for an intelligent person to buff the dps of the only class in ESO that has a spec line devoted to healing.
  • snagallnub18_ESO
    hamon wrote: »
    There is CLEARLY a conspiracy going on to ensure that the 4 man dungeons do not show all four classes .. I mean its statistically impossible for a random group of 4 to NOT have ALL 4 classes. /sarcasm

sarcasm aside . the point is its NOT a random group of people tho is it. its devs' who can template any char they choose to in order to make this promotional tool.

so either they are too dumb to think" best include the 4 classes so we seem unbiased". or none of them ever played a templar so couldnt even knowing it would be best to have one there.

or worse yet they simply couldnt do it while a templar was there.. all of those options are pretty bad.

my belief is that the templar class COULDN'T do it and thats why they arn't represented
    Edited by snagallnub18_ESO on June 10, 2014 9:29PM
  • Lettigall
    Lettigall
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    my belief is that the templar class COULDN'T do it and thats why they arn't represented

Everyone knows that you don't bring templar to vet dungeons, even devs know that very well.
    NB, DK and sorc are to enjoy game but templars to enjoy death screen :D
    Some men just want to watch the world burn... I just want a cold beer!
  • davidhorstub17_ESO
    davidhorstub17_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    There is CLEARLY a conspiracy going on to ensure that the 4 man dungeons do not show all four classes .. I mean its statistically impossible for a random group of 4 to NOT have ALL 4 classes. /sarcasm

sarcasm aside . the point is its NOT a random group of people tho is it. its devs' who can template any char they choose to in order to make this promotional tool.

so either they are too dumb to think" best include the 4 classes so we seem unbiased". or none of them ever played a templar so couldnt even knowing it would be best to have one there.

or worse yet they simply couldnt do it while a templar was there.. all of those options are pretty bad.

templar can do it just not with one of those developers playing it. a bow nb? people still make those AND go into dungeons with it? inhale and talons on a boss battle? didnt see a single wep swap from any of them. no wonder they thought craglorn would be difficult all the devs are terrible and play horrible builds.
  • snagallnub18_ESO

templar can do it just not with one of those developers playing it. a bow nb? people still make those AND go into dungeons with it? inhale and talons on a boss battle? didnt see a single wep swap from any of them. no wonder they thought craglorn would be difficult all the devs are terrible and play horrible builds.

and thats the issue... most players are casual gamers that want to enjoy the game... not min/maxers that theroy craft and spend hours workin on their builds... the causal gamer gets screwed with no vasilne... j/s
  • lathbury
    lathbury
    ✭✭✭✭✭
  • GwaynLoki
    GwaynLoki
    ✭✭✭
    Therium104 wrote: »
    Or perhaps it is hard for an intelligent person to buff the dps of the only class in ESO that has a spec line devoted to healing.

That's what I was thinking all the time. Templars are already very strong in PvP, and while I understand the desire to be able to dps well with them in PvE, it would be really hard to buff their dps without making them too strong in PvP.
    Edited by GwaynLoki on September 20, 2014 10:56PM