The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 15:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – April 16, 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC) - 6:00PM EDT (22:00 UTC)

VIDEO - VETERAN CRYPT OF HEARTS (No Templar)

RivenCsky
RivenCsky
✭✭
Yes they released a nice video showing off the new Crypt of Hearts but of the 4 man group guess what class was not brought to the dungeon. You guessed it the Templar. Gotta love that even the Dev's refuse to play the class.

http://elderscrollsonline.com/en/news/post/2014/06/05/video---veteran-crypt-of-hearts?ref=rss
  • NordJitsu
    NordJitsu
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    They tried to do it with a Templar and found that it was impossible.
    @NordJitsu - Guild Master (Main Character = Hlaalu Idas)
    GREAT HOUSE HLAALU
  • Natjur
    Natjur
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Any class can play any build, so the devs that did that run, can you do it again with four Templar's. (1 tank, 2 dps and one healer)

Post if you can even get the first boss to 50% before everyone is out of mana and potions on cool down so your all dead.
  • RivenCsky
    RivenCsky
    ✭✭
    The fact is with all the forums burning with issues about the utter non existent DPS from the Templar and how that class is being excluded from end game content that they would put out a video that specifically....specifically excludes that class is just mind blowing and a sign that they are completely out of touch with their own community managers.

I like your idea of a fantasy land where Templars can tank and dps but alas we are not there yet.

FYI according to the recent ESO Road map Ahead - Please note Templars are not even on their radar.
    Edited by RivenCsky on June 6, 2014 2:10AM
  • SirPuppingtonVonHat
    SirPuppingtonVonHat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Alternatively, the devs in the video just happen to personally enjoy playing a class other than the templar more, and there is no sinister plot or conspiracy being hinted at.
    The Psijic Order
  • Genada
    Genada
    ✭✭✭
    Alternatively, the devs in the video just happen to personally enjoy playing a class other than the templar more, and there is no sinister plot or conspiracy being hinted at.

Enjoy playing a class different? Could it be because Templar sucks?

Wouldn't surprise me at all if the devs enjoyed playing none garbage classes either. Players do too. So maybe they should work on making Templar a none garbage class.

• p_tsakirisb16_ESO
    p_tsakirisb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    For Templars to work, you need more than one. The abilities are there, but so much spread around to different lines, that we struggle to pull everything off.

While a DK/SC/NB can do it with a single Qbar.

I have respec my Templar, and now is working bit better than before. Still pretty pathetic, where VR3-4 battles are a struggle. However, because of that I learn to use new skills that never tried before.
    (and none has written about on their guides that the majority of people are reading. ).

If the qbar was 8 slots + Ultimate, believe me, I would be able to border to OP status of the DK. But alas we only have 5 + U and we lose time trying to switch every time to more tools.

So quick fix on Templar? Make the Templar qbar 8 slot + Ultimate. :)

• killedbyping
    killedbyping
    ✭✭✭✭
    Any1 else noticed that they extended VR rank to 13 ? -.-
  • Mephos
    Mephos
    ✭✭✭
    not even devs play templar.. well.. who would have guessed
    Edited by Mephos on June 6, 2014 9:40AM
  • killedbyping
    killedbyping
    ✭✭✭✭
    Is there a NB in this video ?
  • yelloweyedemon
    yelloweyedemon
    ✭✭✭

post-25067-And-Here-We-Go-Joker-gif-Imgur-x71M.gif
  • Lunerdog
    Lunerdog
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Watching that video makes me think that the only thing the Devs know is how to make combat repetitively difficult.

Is that it then Devs ?

Are you one trick ponies ?

Are you incapable of coming up with something other than mindless difficult combat ?

How about coming up with something that will have people making comments like "Ha, awesome, I wasn't expecting that" instead of "Right, let's lock n load n get stuck in, die a lot, get a crap reward and spend a fortune repairing gear".
  • Zershar_Vemod
    Zershar_Vemod
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hey guys, I think someone on the Dev team might like vanilla ice-cream, but I like chocolate ice-cream! I think that one person must be ouch of touch with society and something is seriously wrong with them! They should be fired, and only those who like chocolate ice-cream all the time should be a part of the dev team!
    House Nyssara (NA)
    Black Market Traders
    Order of the Lamp Post
    Thorn Brigade
    VR15 Nightblade Vampire
  • Mephos
    Mephos
    ✭✭✭
    Hey guys, I think someone on the Dev team might like vanilla ice-cream, but I like chocolate ice-cream! I think that one person must be ouch of touch with society and something is seriously wrong with them! They should be fired, and only those who like chocolate ice-cream all the time should be a part of the dev team!

If they sell vanilla and it tastes like *** because they all eat only chocolate and never ever try the vanilla they produce.. YES .. they need to fired and replaced by someone who tries both :)

• snagallnub18_ESO
    lol 4 templars = fail on ANY dungeon.... the templar class is the most gimped in game and the least played... but they are FAR more concerned about dyes and armor looks that they havent addressed the MANY problems with the templar class
  • RivenCsky
    RivenCsky
    ✭✭

The video consisted of:
    1 Dragonknight (DPS /AoE)
    2 Nightblades (1 Healer, 1 Archer)
    1 Sorcerer (Tank)

Staff Members:
    Rich Lambert (Lead Content Designer)
    Paul Sage (Creative Director)
    Nick Konkle (Lead Game Play Designer)
    Maria Aliprando (Creature Combat Designer)

With the pending release of other MMO's you would think that between the Road Ahead Promo and this Propaganda Release they would in some aspect, ever so slightly hint or attempt to address that they are aware and going to address the short comings of the Templar class.

But nada.
  • snagallnub18_ESO
    if they had 4 templars it would have been a short video... i find it very telling that they didnt have all classes represented considering and that the ONLY one missing is the one that has the most issues atm...i can now see why all the fixes to night blades have been forth coming.. as there 2 of them represented.. why dont you try you hands at fixing a class that has been gimped since beta... there have been posts about these and many other issues with this class.. and the only thing you have done was NERF the one decent dps ability we had..... FACE PALM......
    Edited by snagallnub18_ESO on June 7, 2014 6:27AM
  • coryevans_3b14_ESO
    coryevans_3b14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    My templar healer has never run out of mana in a vr Dungeon. And I end up having to use the big burst heal often since people love standing in red. I don't see any problem with templar healers (if you're good at it like I am)
  • hamon
    hamon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    RivenCsky wrote: »

The video consisted of:
    1 Sorcerer (Tank)

Staff Members:

With the pending release of other MMO's you would think that between the Road Ahead Promo and this Propaganda Release they would in some aspect, ever so slightly hint or attempt to address that they are aware and going to address the short comings of the Templar class.

But nada.

its incredible bad PR. you think as designers trying to promote their own game would sit down and make the decision to do it with 4 classes to at least give the immpression you can actually use templars.

Honestly you think someone would have said "guys if we dont include a templar in this video we might take some flack since templars already feel disgruntled as it is"

but no they went ahead and did it...... idiocy. if they worked for me i'd be going nuts at them for this.
  • spinedoc
    spinedoc
    ✭✭✭
    That does seem kinda dumb, for devs to not include all 4 classes in that video. It also makes them seem VERY out of touch with their playerbase. Weird.
    Edited by spinedoc on June 7, 2014 1:21PM
  • Elgarr
    Elgarr
    ✭✭✭
    If they bothered to play their own game and when they did, didn't just play DK's/Sorc they would understand the problems.

This is the problem when you let a child make a bed for the first time, they have an idea, as long as trying their hardest, yet they have no clue and only actually learn once they have grown up.

You know the one saving grace with all the bs in this game?

I will still be employed and will be able to provide for my family when the clueless lead who makes these decisions is long but a memory talked about as to not have them ever work on computer game and how not to make an mmo!!!

Seriously devs, read and understand, 15 years of playing mmo's, I don't need to be a dev to know what the public want.

Maybe you should use google and learn what they want, as you clearly don't learn from other games let alone your own forums!
  • Wifeaggro13
    Wifeaggro13
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Elgarr wrote: »
    If they bothered to play their own game and when they did, didn't just play DK's/Sorc they would understand the problems.

This is the problem when you let a child make a bed for the first time, they have an idea, as long as trying their hardest, yet they have no clue and only actually learn once they have grown up.

You know the one saving grace with all the bs in this game?

I will still be employed and will be able to provide for my family when the clueless lead who makes these decisions is long but a memory talked about as to not have them ever work on computer game and how not to make an mmo!!!

Seriously devs, read and understand, 15 years of playing mmo's, I don't need to be a dev to know what the public want.

Maybe you should use google and learn what they want, as you clearly don't learn from other games let alone your own forums!

Notice no melee DPS. Or melee spec at all really. this game is becoming more and more like a handy with a sandy sock. At least change melee weapons to shoot fire ice and electricity like staves.
  • snagallnub18_ESO
    My templar healer has never run out of mana in a vr Dungeon. And I end up having to use the big burst heal often since people love standing in red. I don't see any problem with templar healers (if you're good at it like I am)

lol the thing is we arnt talking about the HEALING that templars do ... which is fine and everyone agrees on.. what we are talking about is the LACK if DPS and sustainable mana regen in a DPS or tanking situation.. the class is ONLY good as a healer... i remember reading play ANY class you want how you want.. not play as a healer or you DONT get a spot.... as a vr 12 templar i really dont want to heal i would rather tank but FAT CHANCE getting a group
  • snagallnub18_ESO
    hamon wrote: »
    RivenCsky wrote: »

The video consisted of:
    1 Sorcerer (Tank)

Staff Members:

But nada.

its incredible bad PR. you think as designers trying to promote their own game would sit down and make the decision to do it with 4 classes to at least give the immpression you can actually use templars.

Honestly you think someone would have said "guys if we dont include a templar in this video we might take some flack since templars already feel disgruntled as it is"

but no they went ahead and did it...... idiocy. if they worked for me i'd be going nuts at them for this.

lol the truth is they wouldnt have been able to complete this dungeon with a templar in group.. i have rerolled a sorc till they fix these game breakin issues with my class
  • RivenCsky
    RivenCsky
    ✭✭
    I would do the same but, grinding up to Veteran 12 again would be too painful. I think like others my subscription will be based upon a change sooner then later.

At Veteran level 12, with limited options, I am forced to do Pvp daily quests to level up alternative skills which I never planned on using (i.e. Desto Staff, Resto Staff) after a few weeks of this getting pretty bored and that unsubscribe button is looking better each day.
  • Antonie
    Antonie
    ✭✭✭
    No, you guys got it wrong. Actually there is a Templar in the video.
    That one got cut out when editing was done.
    Edited by Antonie on June 8, 2014 10:01AM
    “Imagination is more important than knowledge. For knowledge is limited to all we now know and understand, while imagination embraces the entire world, and all there ever will be to know and understand.”-Albert Einstein
    Leben ist ein RPG. Was ist DEINE Rolle?-Motto von http://rpgspielen.de/

• RivenCsky
    RivenCsky
    ✭✭
    LoL nice try. If you watch the video you will hear each of the staff talk about their specific class in the group as shown in the dungeon. So your concept that one was edited is fantasy land and clearly a poorly planned troll.

But Cheers for trying !!!
  • Darwa
    Darwa
    ✭✭
    Antonie wrote: »
    No, you guys got it wrong. Actually there is a Templar in the video.
    That one got cut out when editing was done.

Just wanted to say that I got the joke. Well played, Sir.
  • Madval
    Madval
    ✭✭✭
    Damn I posted the same video yesterday but no view and no reply. I should add NO TEMPLAR in the title ;)
  • the_falcorrwb17_ESO
    There is CLEARLY a conspiracy going on to ensure that the 4 man dungeons do not show all four classes .. I mean its statistically impossible for a random group of 4 to NOT have ALL 4 classes. /sarcasm
  • hamon
    hamon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    There is CLEARLY a conspiracy going on to ensure that the 4 man dungeons do not show all four classes .. I mean its statistically impossible for a random group of 4 to NOT have ALL 4 classes. /sarcasm

sarcasm aside . the point is its NOT a random group of people tho is it. its devs' who can template any char they choose to in order to make this promotional tool.

so either they are too dumb to think" best include the 4 classes so we seem unbiased". or none of them ever played a templar so couldnt even knowing it would be best to have one there.

or worse yet they simply couldnt do it while a templar was there.. all of those options are pretty bad.

Edited by hamon on June 8, 2014 1:41PM