Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Vet dungeons - working as intended?

Magdalina
Magdalina
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭✭
First of all, this is not one of the "OMG 2 HARD NERF NAO" threads:) However, I hear some people saying that they cannot do dungeons after patch while they perfectly could prepatch, that vet dungeons had been buffed. I cannot confirm this because I never did vet dungeons pre-patch.
I did however try them after the patch. And...um. Well, that was a REAL challenge, to put it one way=P I have my own group, we've been playing together for quite a few dungeons by now. We steamrolled through Coldharbour dungeon with dying like once or twice only. I like to consider ourselves good, but THIS...we tried once at vet 1 and got REALLY wiped at boss #2(that was Spindleclutch, mind you, but we did try Fungal with same result). We came back with better gear/skill and got wiped again, this time on boss #3, or its ads rather - never even saw the #3 Spindle boss trigger, his ads wiped the floor with us. We came back again at vet 2-4(3*vet 2, 1*vet 4 me(healer)) yesterday and WE DID IT. Gods we did it. But it was definitely not easy. We made all new supercool gear, got our stats/skills up, made strategies, used potions...the ads of boss #3 are still almost unbeatable for us. They had us like 12 times before we got them - just barely, too. It doesn't help that it seems we had remains of wave 3, wave 4 AND boss all on us at the same time by the end of it.

After that, Flesh Atronachs are a joke, and last boss is perfectly doable even without killing his heals. But the ads...I cannot for the life of me think of a better way. My resto staff is 50, I like to consider myself a pretty good healer but I cannot heal THAT much damage from 50 ads running around. And then they have healers, too. We did CC them, we silenced them, we tried our best to avoid their aoe, it's still incredibly difficult(but possible...you have no idea how happy we were when we finally made it xD).

So my question is, is it supposed to be this way? The dungeons are supposedly vet 1-5, I certainly cannot see them at vet 1, atho I did hear some people claim they did it then. Has the difficulty been increased after the patch or is THIS the actual way it should be?
And tho I plan to NEVER return to that dreadful place again, if you managed the dungeon easier than us, please share the secret for beating ads of boss #3=)
  • Anvos
    Anvos
    ✭✭✭
    I have to agree that the tier 1 vet dungeons aren't what they should be and are at best more like V3-5.

Also they really should fix the loot drops from chests, crates, and stuff to be level appropriate.

Banished Cells: Honestly this one I'd say is fairly well balanced for a starter vet content dungeon, only really the deadroth and 3rd keeper are that hard. Deadroth however can be skipped and its more about the tank learning to control the spread of fire to give dps time to burn him down. The keeper though is more just the group getting burning down her adds right.

Spindle Clutch: A bit of a challenge for a tier 1 vet dungeon and I'm not really a fan of hard dps check, but fairly doable.

Fungal Grotto: I put this one on the unfair and no way your average v1-5 is able to do this without a run taking multiple hours and a boat load of soul gems. Mostly I blame the second boss and spider deadra for this as they just throws out ridiculous damage specials and have too much of a luck factor considering their hp.
    Edited by Anvos on June 9, 2014 7:44AM
  • Axer
    Axer
    ✭✭✭✭
    None of the dungeons were buffed in the craglorn patch.

In fact some were made easier:

VR Darkshade:
    The final boss was severely toned down:

Previously his yellow phase lazer would be a continuous beam that did pretty massive DoT. Now it's a short pulse, and it ends after about 5 seconds. He also seems to move very slightly slower. Still a tricky fight. Though these days a group of 4 of our veteran members of crush it can render it kind of a joke by ending the boss in about 40-50 seconds.

They actually did make the floaty tentacle slightly boss harder tho:
    Has about 2 more waves of adds before it drops for the burn phase.

VR Wayrest:
    Ghost boss previously could debuff your max hp by about 20%. No longer does.

And yea I completed every dungeon in the game at the bare minimum level, I purposely did not invite anyone above what was recommended in the finder. Only except was fungal grotto, yea it seemed plain impossible at VR1. After learning it more, Im quite sure it is doable, but everyone needs perfect gear and execution. We did complete it at VR2, no idea how we managed ... Was 3+ hours and hundreds of soul gems, but we did it.

We even completed the aetherian archive (VR12 very hard raid) with a relatively low lvl party): 1 vr5, 1 vr7, 4 vr11s, only 6 v12.

I'd definitely recommend about VR3 for Fungal/Spindle, they are very challenging. BC is reasonable at VR1 if your party is all smart players that play well together.

Even at V12, Fungal grotto remains somewhat challenging. You simply can't ignore some of the boss mechanic no matter how strong you are. My 3k health tank can still get utterly destroyed by some of them.

Fungal boss 2 tip:

Knowing the specials is required.

Beyond that:

During her splt into 4 phase: Kill 3.
    Leave 1 alive.
    Have everyone fully regen there mana/stam before you kill the 4th so you are prepared for her next assault. Helps a ton.
    Edited by Axer on June 7, 2014 2:44PM
    Axer. Main tank and Leader of Crush it! (NA-EP highly skilled trials guild)
  • Axer
    Axer
    ✭✭✭✭
    Oh yea they did make one section of VR elden hollow:

Previously near the end you could run by the black portals and if you had enough dps - kill the miniboss and enter the final portal before the black portal adds noticed.

Now they agro no matter what. You can still get thru, but need even more dps then ever.

They also added some vines there, and hilariously: Fat characters can no longer complete the dungeon. Period. No joke. If you made a fat character, you litterally can't fit thru the vines.
  • Axer
    Axer
    ✭✭✭✭
    And PS to reply to OP title:
    Yes they are WAI.

The archive raid is roughly 5 times as hard, as the hardest VR dungeon. Be afraid.
    Edited by Axer on June 7, 2014 2:48PM
  • dylanjaygrobbelaarb16_ESO
    dylanjaygrobbelaarb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭

So my question is, is it supposed to be this way? The dungeons are supposedly vet 1-5, I certainly cannot see them at vet 1, atho I did hear some people claim they did it then. Has the difficulty been increased after the patch or is THIS the actual way it should be?

since when? the are not v 1- 5. you can not group find at v1. the dungeons are v5 mobs are v5 bosses are v5. you were underleveled. had a good challenge and beat content. how did you not notice it was v5.