The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

can u not copy your character over?

Beleron
Beleron
✭✭✭
do you really need to level up another character from lvl 1 on pts ? REALLY ?
I don't want to level up again, let me copy my character over so i can test ability changes ect, and end game stuff... no end game stuffs guna get tested if u gota lvl up again on pts..
  • SirAndy
    SirAndy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Or, you could just select a VR9 template when you create a new character ...
    ;-)
    Edited by SirAndy on June 4, 2014 3:42AM
  • Natjur
    Natjur
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    V9+ it want you want to test anyway, so if you picked L1 instead of V9..... start again
  • Sunrock
    Sunrock
    ✭✭✭
    I would be good to copy your char over too. Even if you can start at VR9. Mainly because you get all your crafting research stuff over as well. Also you will notice of the patch will brake any achievements like the Craglorn patch did.
  • KhajitFurTrader
    KhajitFurTrader
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I concur with @Sunrock‌. Everyone knows their own main character(s) best, and can notice quickly if things got inadvertently broken. Or if things got fixed as intended. I wouldn't even know how to properly play a VR9+ character, couldn't say whether skills I don't know yet are WAI, and I sure as hell do not want to spoil content for me.

But please, should you consider implementing a character copy option, make sure it works with both megaservers. Otherwise, the cries of "second class citizen" will be deafening.
  • nudel
    nudel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    *snip*
    I sure as hell do not want to spoil content for me.

You will have to get over this if you plan to seriously test any content. If not, staying on live server would probably be best, with all due respect.