Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Flawless Dawnbreaker - Worth using?

cala4001_ESO
cala4001_ESO
Soul Shriven
For those of you that have managed to get Fighter's Guild to rank 10. Is Dawnbreaker's morph, Flawless Dawnbreaker worth using over other ultimates like Standard of Might? I'm just curious if going through the trouble to gain exp in this skill line would be worthwhile.
  • Reykice
    Reykice
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Well it does what it says so if you are running a pure weapon damage build or close to yes its worth it and you have 2 weapons you can put your ulti on the other bar.
  • Quaesivi
    Quaesivi
    ✭✭✭
    Only if you are a stamina/weapon based build, otherwise not really, there are better ultimates such as Meteor/Soul Strike and Class Ultimates.
  • Keiffo
    Keiffo
    ✭✭✭
    I've not taken it off my bow bar since VR1, I'm VR10 now and after trying all of the ultimates, nothing beats Flawless Dawnbreaker with overcharged stamina and a focus on weapon abilities.

Venom Arrow and Bombard being key for my build, boosted lots by Dawnbreaker.
  • Maverick827
    Maverick827
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm really looking forward to this ability, but getting 10 Fighter's Guild is going to take a bit of time :(
  • SexyVette07
    SexyVette07
    ✭✭✭
    The damage it does is a joke, but its real power is in the 13% bonus weapon damage. I use it for my aoe bar with Pulsar. IMO, its worth using in certain circumstances (like mine where a whole bar is dedicated to a weapon ability).
  • killedbyping
    killedbyping
    ✭✭✭✭
    I'm really looking forward to this ability, but getting 10 Fighter's Guild is going to take a bit of time :(

Consider to farm zombies in Coldharbour. There is tons of them and they spawn fast.
    Me however, reached rank 10 with fighters guild naturaly when i get into VR3 zone (dolmens, daedras and undead you reach while questing e.t.c.)
    The damage it does is a joke, but its real power is in the 13% bonus weapon damage. I use it for my aoe bar with Pulsar. IMO, its worth using in certain circumstances (like mine where a whole bar is dedicated to a weapon ability).

It does silly damage at start, but fully charged it does decent damage specialy if you dont forget it is AOE damage.

Edited by killedbyping on May 13, 2014 7:06AM
  • Neutronium_Dragon
    Neutronium_Dragon
    ✭✭✭
    Even if you're using another ultimate for 'activation', you can keep that on one bar and Flawless Dawnbreaker on the other for a weapon damage boost. While weapon-skill builds get an obvious benefit from this, almost everyone is going to make weapon attacks of some sort, and the damage boost can synergize nicely with other things linked to that. (Splash healing from the Restoration staff, for example.)
  • Criselli
    Criselli
    It can be nice for general use as a DK simply because it charges so quickly. DKs get hp/mag/stam restore on Ultimate use and it's a great cheap option for a little boost to your three bars.
    -Criselli
    I have honestly thought about our dilemna. I have a solution that works out well for one of the both of us. - GlaDOS.
    Achiever 53.33%, Explorer 66.67%, Killer 60.00%, Socializer 20.00%
  • Maverick827
    Maverick827
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Does anyone know if there's a way to level Fighter's Guild without gaining XP? I'd grind the rest of the ways to 10 if so, but I don't want to out-level my zones any more than I already have.
  • Pyatra
    Pyatra
    ✭✭✭
    @Maverick827 Dolmens and killing Daedra and undead, maybe go back to the area with the lowest level mobs that still give points for the fighters guild line?
    Edited by Pyatra on May 16, 2014 8:17PM
  • Maverick827
    Maverick827
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sadly, it looks like you need to be able to get XP from the mobs for them to count towards fighter's guild XP. I was hoping for some secret location where mobs don't give XP, but do give fighter's guild XP somehow.
  • CapuchinSeven
    CapuchinSeven
    ✭✭✭✭✭

The damage is pretty good actually, it's also AOE.

I find its main use is for a Nightblade running a Siphoning Strikes build, I use SS on my bow bar and it takes the edge off the damage reduction that Siphoning Strikes applies.
  • Erock25
    Erock25
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Anyone know if Flawless Dawnbreaker activation is using weapon or spell crit?
    You earned the 500 LOLs badge.
    You received 500 LOLs. It ain't no fluke, you post great stuff and we're lucky to have you here. +50 points
  • Gisgo
    Gisgo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Erock25 wrote: »

What do you mean?

But to the OP: yes its worth using if most of your damage comes from weapons.
    Keep in mind this game is very magicka friendly, the life of a meleer isnt easy.

Put together Flawless Dawnbreaker, Hunding's Rage, a couple of Power glyphs and the difference really shows.
    Edited by Gisgo on May 27, 2014 1:54PM
  • Comaetilico
    Comaetilico
    ✭✭✭

weapon crit (tested)
  • SirPuppingtonVonHat
    SirPuppingtonVonHat
    ✭✭✭✭✭

weapon crit (tested)

I can confirm this as well.
    The Psijic Order
  • Wifeaggro13
    Wifeaggro13
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Wayrest sewers runs will get you there pretty quick
  • demonlkojipub19_ESO
    demonlkojipub19_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Gisgo wrote: »

What do you mean?

Keep in mind this game is very magicka friendly, the life of a meleer isnt easy.

Put together Flawless Dawnbreaker, Hunding's Rage, a couple of Power glyphs and the difference really shows.

And it sucks that someone wanting to be melee in this game has to go through all this trouble to have comparable damage, meanwhile a magic person just needs to wear any set of light armor that drops at their feet, take the traits, and use whatever ultimate they want :neutral_face:

I think it sucks they they expect all melee's to come and put this ultimate in their slots just for the increased weapon damage. They should just make it a lvl10 Fighters guild trait: 15% increased weapon damage - all times.
  • PhoenixWing
    PhoenixWing
    ✭✭

What do you mean?

And it sucks that someone wanting to be melee in this game has to go through all this trouble to have comparable damage, meanwhile a magic person just needs to wear any set of light armor that drops at their feet, take the traits, and use whatever ultimate they want :neutral_face:

I think it sucks they they expect all melee's to come and put this ultimate in their slots just for the increased weapon damage. They should just make it a lvl10 Fighters guild trait: 15% increased weapon damage - all times.

Magicka-based characters also have to put magelight in both skillbars too for +crit and +2% max magicka/ magicka regen passive from mage guild. I guess that equals out, isn't it? :D
    Phoenixwing (NA): High Elf Aldmeri Dominion Sorcerer who love PvP!
  • Gisgo
    Gisgo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Being an NB i dont know if its worth instead of the banner, but you can keep dawnbreaker on your first bar for the weapon damage buff, and your banner on your second bar.

I have Flawless dawnbreaker slotted but i still do actively use Veil of blades.
    Edited by Gisgo on June 11, 2014 8:54AM
  • Pyatra
    Pyatra
    ✭✭✭
    FD buffs staff damage and staff ability damage too, also good for healers.
  • dakhon
    dakhon
    Pyatra wrote: »

It agree that it gives more damage in destruction staff abilities,stronger impulse etc,but in restoration staff it seems to do absolutely nothing.
  • PhoenixWing
    PhoenixWing
    ✭✭
    dakhon wrote: »

It agree that it gives more damage in destruction staff abilities,stronger impulse etc,but in restoration staff it seems to do absolutely nothing.

Is that true? I thought resto staff abilities are based on weapon power in the same manner as deso staff :( Can anyone confirm this? I am thinking of getting it for stronger heals lol.
    Phoenixwing (NA): High Elf Aldmeri Dominion Sorcerer who love PvP!
  • Lyall84
    Lyall84
    ✭✭✭✭

What do you mean?

Hunding's Rage does not buff any weapon abilities. It should, it even says it does, but it does not. The 5 set is currently broken at the moment.

I would hope ZOS is aware of the issue already but if not, here is an explanation. I crafted new sets to make sure my numbers are exact and the controls are not messed with.

Bottom line: the 5 set reads (at VR 9 white quality) "Increases weapon damage by 18% when using weapon abilities". This reads to me that it increases the weapon abilities damage by 18% of the weapon's portion of the damage.

Base Damage:

Completely ungeared (ie naked) my Executioner IV (two handed morph) deals 81 damage.

Gear: All gear listed is white, with no enchantments or traits, unless otherwise listed.

Level 13 vendor bought great sword (Green) = 40 damage.

VR9 crafted great sword = 134 damage.

VR9 crafted medium hunding's rage set (5 pieces) = 18% increase.

Test:
    Naked with green level 13 sword, Executioner does 106 damage. So far it can be noted that a about 62% of the weapon's damage is added to the skill's damage.

Naked with white VR9 sword, Executioner does 166 damage. It appears that this weapon added about 63% of the weapon's damage to the skill's damage. Pretty consistent.

5 Piece Hunding's Rage set equipped with green level 13 sword. Executioner tool tip still displays 106 damage. It appears that the set has 0 effect. Set is broken and useless. Should be around 110 damage if you count the set as only increasing the weapons portion of the effect. Would be around 125 if the set counted to the ability as a whole.

5 Piece Hunding's Rage set equipped with white VR9 sword. Executioner tool tip still displays 166 damage. It appears that the set has 0 effect. Set is broken and useless. Should be around 180 damage if you count the set as only increasing the weapons portion of the effect. Would be around 195 if the set counted to the ability as a whole.

Conclusion: a crafted 6 trait requirement, 5 set bonus, that can do nothing but help any type of weapon skill or stamina build, is 100% useless.
  • Rev Rielle
    Rev Rielle
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Does anyone know if there's a way to level Fighter's Guild without gaining XP? I'd grind the rest of the ways to 10 if so, but I don't want to out-level my zones any more than I already have.

Once you get to VR you'll no longer receive any exp for defeating enemies. Which is actually really nice: you're no longer penalised for killing things (i.e. outleveling them and getting zero loot or achievement/skill progress). I know this doesn't directly help you, but it's worth keeping in mind.

I wouldn't worry about trying to grind it at all. Coldharbour's basically packed full of undead/daedra. So much so that if you grind beforehand you'll get there and wonder why you wasted your time.
    If you can be anything, be kind.
  • demonlkojipub19_ESO
    demonlkojipub19_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭

What do you mean?

Magicka-based characters also have to put magelight in both skillbars too for +crit and +2% max magicka/ magicka regen passive from mage guild. I guess that equals out, isn't it? :D

No it doesn't, because for 1 Dawnbreaker is an ultimate not a normal skill, and a weak ultimate at that. there are plenty of better ultimates, usually right within the class, that will do the damage to make up for what little you lost out of using flawless dawnbreaker. Magelight isn't necessary to bring you close to being "on par" with anything, It only makes you better at doing damage and finding those stealthies, and it isn't taking up a valuable ultimate slot, while a melee oriented class needs flawless dawnbreaker in their ultimate slot to do melee damage comparable with spells, and still doesnt reach it because of the other drains on the stamina source. In the end it is probably better to not use flawless dawnbreaker.
    Edited by demonlkojipub19_ESO on June 17, 2014 8:45AM
  • Snit
    Snit
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The passive buffs Destruction Staff abilities such as Force Shock and Impulse. It's a significant buff. It's always on my primary damage bar as a V12 caster sorc, whether in PvE or PvP.

I rarely cast it, though, unless faced with a pack of undead or daedra. I use the ultimate on the other bar, generally Supress Magic or Storm Atronach.
    Edited by Snit on June 18, 2014 6:53AM
    Snit AD Sorc
    Ratbag AD Warden Tank
    Goblins AD Stamblade

• Snit
    Snit
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    dakhon wrote: »

Is that true? I thought resto staff abilities are based on weapon power in the same manner as deso staff :( Can anyone confirm this? I am thinking of getting it for stronger heals lol.

I can confirm that Flawless Dawnbreaker does *not* buff Resto Staff heals. It's nice for Destro Staff, but useless on a healing bar.

Oddly, accessories enchanted with "Increase Physical Harm" do increase Resto Staff heals.
    Snit AD Sorc
    Ratbag AD Warden Tank
    Goblins AD Stamblade

• Baphomet
    Baphomet
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I rather like it. It has potential. You can it to crit for high numbers on vampire and werewolf players, and you can hit several of them at the same time.

My one biggest complaint about this ultimate is that it can be blocked!

However, it is really nice to have in order to boost your weapon abilities, especially if you're running a destro staff. I also love it in conjunction with two-handed where it nicely boosts abilities like critical charge and reverse slash. It actually makes it possible to get some decent damage out of that weapon line.

I haven't tried medium and stamina specced templars and nightblades, but I imagine that it would be a huge boost to those build types, too.
    - The Psijic Order
    - TKO
    - Dominant Dominion
    - The Noore
  • demonlkojipub19_ESO
    demonlkojipub19_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thats funny because I checked if it affected destro staff skills pre-1.1.5 and it didn't.... They were pretty quick to ninja change that fact :neutral_face: for the wizards.