Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Ultimate points?

Arizona_Willie
Arizona_Willie
✭✭✭
How / where do you get Ultimate Points?
Is there someplace that tells us how many we have?
The Ultimate Ability has to go in the R slot and all I ever see is a light running around the edge of that. When I hit the R key during a fight it appears to do nothing.
I < presume > I don't have enough Ultimate points to make it work, but I don't know how to get them or find out how many I have.
If I wanted a Signature I would have a Signature --- but i don't want one so I don't have one.
  • Goibot
    Goibot
    ✭✭✭
    What Ultimate are you using? Some you have to place on the ground with a left mouse or use continuously left mouse after "R".

You kill mobs of your level to charge it. when it has the light running around it, it is charged.
    Edited by Goibot on May 29, 2014 8:15PM
  • Arizona_Willie
    Arizona_Willie
    ✭✭✭
    I am using Dragon Leap ... and I just googled it and find reports that it is BROKEN!!
    The desription of the ability says you are supposed to leap forward and damage the enemies around you when you land. I've never seen anything like that happen.
    Supposedly your character is supposed to sprout wings and jump forward.

Not happening. A couple of times I've seen an expanding red ring on the ground that I < thought > was the result of hitting the R key but apparently not.

Also the tool tip and the description for Dragon Leap do not match. When I put my cursor on the square for Dragon Leap it says the range is 20 meters and the radious is 6 meters, but on the lower half of the tool tip it says it deals damage in a 1.8 meter radius ... not 6.5 like it says up above.

Unfortunately, the other two Ultimate Abilities have not been activated so I can't switch to one of them until I get another skill point.
    If I wanted a Signature I would have a Signature --- but i don't want one so I don't have one.
  • Vandril
    Vandril
    ✭✭✭✭
    How old are these reports you found? It's not broken (at least not universally). I uses to use it once in a while on my alt, until I replaced it just recently.

Hm...that's not useful, is it? Um...

I take it that light border around the ultimate button on your action bar is filled to the top and glowing? If it's not filled and glowing, you don't have enough ultimate.

The tooltip not matching I can believe. It's not the only skill like that. I believe that melee range is 5 meters from your character, so I think the 6 meter radius is correct for the ultimate. 1.8 would mean you literally need to land on top of them to hit them, which didn't seem to be the case when I used it.
    Edited by Vandril on May 31, 2014 7:02PM
  • Madval
    Madval
    ✭✭✭
    I use it every day and never had a problem with it. Love it. I just target a long, very long with the morph, distant mob and voila, I'm flying, crushing ennemies... And hear the lamentations of their womens.
    Edited by Madval on May 31, 2014 7:10PM
  • Dag86novanub19_ESO
    Two things to keep in mind.

One: enemies 6 levels or more BELOW your level do not generate ultimate points.

Two: I have a buddy who has this move and it works fine, but I have never used it, BUT- I know some skills are not useable unless you are targeting a specific enemy.

As the guy above mentioned, ensure you have a full ultimate meter, in which the icon would be glowing/flashing.

Secondly, it may not work in "open space", try to target an enemy in particular and cast it then.
  • vytolskavich
    vytolskavich
    Soul Shriven
    Secondly, it may not work in "open space", try to target an enemy in particular and cast it then.

This is correct. Dragon Leap is a targeted ability. i had the same issue until i figured this out. you would think it would be a ground targeted spell, but it's not. you have to target a specific enemy.
  • Arizona_Willie
    Arizona_Willie
    ✭✭✭
    There's one problem. I've been using it when in the middle of a fight and I should use it when starting. I've been using another ability that pulls your target to you to start fights and apparently I should use this to start a battle.

I grabbed an add-on to keep track of Ultimate Points and it seems to be saying I have plenty and the Icon has a light running around the border, which one person said meant it was charged up.

I will try using it before a fight to see what happens.
  • ZOS_TristanK
    ZOS_TristanK
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hey, all. We've moved this thread from the Support section to the New Player Questions section. Thanks!
    The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Facebook | Twitter | Google+ | Tumblr | Pinterest | YouTube | ESO Knowledge Base
    Staff Post
  • Arizona_Willie
    Arizona_Willie
    ✭✭✭
    Used Dragon Leap today :smiley:

That was fun ... leaped into the middle of 3 enemies and kicked some butt.
    Now THAT was worth spending a point on.
  • RazzPitazz
    RazzPitazz
    ✭✭✭✭
    Dragon Leap has a minimum/maximum distance. You have to be far enough away from the target to be able to use it. That is why it is full with the light border, the icon is dimmed out and the action is unresponsive. You are too close to the target.
    PC NA
    VR1 - Jar'eed - Khajiit Dragon Knight - AD
    VR1 - Broad Tail - Argonian Templar - EP
    All-Star Crafter Guild
  • Merlin13KAGL
    Merlin13KAGL
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    @Arizona_Willie‌, You gain ulitmate faster based on Finesse. When you perform well in battle, you'll gain it faster. (Finesse is also supposed to net you some extra XP's and even loot bonuses, sometimes.)

This includes using interrupts, blocks, attacks, heals, dodge, and synergy.

Some skills/passives will also increase ultimate generation (vampire skill line and fighter's guild skill line come to mind)

The 6 level limit does apply though. You will not gain ultimate or XP's if the enemy is more than six levels below you.

Of those listed, synergy is probably one of the easiest to benefit from, especially if you run with one or more other party members. When one of your fellow adventurers utilize a skill that has a potential synergy effect (up to and including their ultimate), activating the synergy will help build your ultimate faster.

One thing to bear in mind about this though, you can only make use of the same person's same synergy once. The second opportunity has to be used by another party member. The third time, you could again activate it.

This supports a rotation of sorts, if you are with other people to get the most effect.

You don't have to be grouped to use synergy, If there are others around and the opportunity arises, always make use of this one.

The other finesse options will become more apparent the better you get at dispatching your enemies. Keep in mind it's more about timing than spamming a skill or just taking on multiple enemies.

Quality over quantity...hope this helps.
    Just because you don't like the way something is doesn't necessarily make it wrong...

Earn it.

IRL'ing for a while for assorted reasons, in forum, and in game.
    I am neither warm, nor fuzzy...
    Probably has checkbox on Customer Service profile that say High Aggro, 99% immunity to BS
  • Arizona_Willie
    Arizona_Willie
    ✭✭✭
    I solo most of them time, but occasionally informally group and help others and once in awhile even join / form an actual group.

But I've never seen how to use " synergy " ... don't even know what the hell it is :(
    Don't know how to use synergy.
  • Talmet
    Talmet
    ✭✭✭
    I solo most of them time, but occasionally informally group and help others and once in awhile even join / form an actual group.

But I've never seen how to use " synergy " ... don't even know what the hell it is :(
    Don't know how to use synergy.

some skills & most ultimates have a synergy option, it is a way for another player to kind of "get in on the skill".

for example, the DK skill dark talons: The player can cast the skill, which causes enemies to be trapped in talons that come from under the ground. Another player can then use the synergy (called impale I think) to cause a spike to come up and stab the enemies causing more damage.

If another player uses a skill that has a synergy around you, you'll get a message at the bottom of your screen that says something like "press X to use <insert name of synergy ability>" by default the button is "x".

Also, there's a limited number of people who can use the synergy (i.e. if there were 100 players all standing around a DK who used dark talons, all 100 of them could not use the synergy....I think that skill is limited to only 1 synergy, some other skills have more, but I think most are limited to 1 person per usage.)

Oh, and you can't synergies your own abilities.
  • Arizona_Willie
    Arizona_Willie
    ✭✭✭
    Thanks for the explanation of synergies. I don't think I have ever seen that, but if it did come up I would probably be so involved in a fight that i didn't notice it. I'll try to watch for that.