Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

What the hell was that?

twnakita
twnakita
✭✭✭
So I'm in Shadowfen and all of a sudden, a mermaid-looking thing pops out of a small pond and makes this awful singing/shrieking sound, and then just disappears. Scared the crap outta me and I couldn't find any information on it. Is it just random with no purpose? Or does it mean/do something?
Katessa
Ebonheart Pact
NA Server
  • jircris11
    jircris11
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    LMAO glad to know im not the only one XD, i had my head set up all the way and its a DD surround sound lol....boy did that make my ears ring.
    IGN: Ki'rah
    Khajiit/Vampire
    DC/AD faction/NA server.
    RPer
  • twnakita
    twnakita
    ✭✭✭
    I ran after it like, "Nooo! Come back! I need to observe you!"
    Katessa
    Ebonheart Pact
    NA Server
  • kaosodin
    kaosodin
    ✭✭✭✭
    Awsosome.....the game is full of awsome stuff
  • jmmonnat_ESO
    I have a similar story. I was on a beach on Auridon when a pyromancer and a necro popped out of nowhere and start attacking each other. They were trash talking the whole time. Finally, the pyro won. I tried talking to him, but all he said was something to the effect of "you got a problem or something". Then he opened a portal and disappeared. I was like, "what the hell was that?"
  • Uzkul
    Uzkul
    the game is filled with these random things, like 2 people sitting at a random campfire trying to light it, but won't succeed. You can help them by lighting it yourself and get a little XP.
    Random small encouters happen too, like a traveler/peddler who gets ambushed by brigands, you can choose to intervene or leave him/her be.
    Another one I've seen is a mage opening a portal and daedra flood through, you can also choose to help him/her close it again.

But that mermaid thing I haven't seen before, will need to go back to shadowfen and have a look :smile:
    Edited by Uzkul on May 31, 2014 5:16AM
  • Hadria
    Hadria
    ✭✭✭✭
    I love this game!
  • Merlin13KAGL
    Merlin13KAGL
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    You'll run into more of them later...(It's a Siren, by the way)...they look all majestic and magical floating above the water (and then they attack you)

There's another serene little spot in AD...you'll see if from afar, all peaceful and beautiful... When you go to take a closer look, the slope is purposely steep and the vegetation thick, so just as you get close enough to look around, a sleeping grizzly charges straight at you with full roar...

It's another one of those moments where you'll feel yourself trying to back up in your own chair!

The subtleties in this game are what make it so much more than any other.

(The captured Kajhiit that speaks to you with his ears back because he knows he got in over his head and feels slightly embarassed...)

The injured soldiers holding their arm/leg or limping.

The stray wedge of cheese on a beach in the middle of nowhere...just because...
    I have a similar story. I was on a beach on Auridon when a pyromancer and a necro popped out of nowhere and start attacking each other.

First sorcerer fight I came across, I jumped in to 'help...' They both got PO'd at me for interfering with their dual and started attacking me instead! (So much for the good neighbor thing!)
    Just because you don't like the way something is doesn't necessarily make it wrong...

Earn it.

IRL'ing for a while for assorted reasons, in forum, and in game.
    I am neither warm, nor fuzzy...
    Probably has checkbox on Customer Service profile that say High Aggro, 99% immunity to BS
  • Parthrax0923
    Parthrax0923
    ✭✭✭
    OMG, This scared the CRAP out of me, I was playing at like 2:00Am Last night and about peed on myself when this happened! I love ESO!
    Fus Ro Dah!
  • Pallmor
    Pallmor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Has anyone seen my cat and Mammoth? The little one likes chasing the big one around, and they both ran away a few days ago.
  • SirAndy
    SirAndy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Pallmor wrote: »
    Has anyone seen my cat and Mammoth? The little one likes chasing the big one around, and they both ran away a few days ago.
    Yepp, and the mammoth yells something like "The cat is after me!" :)