The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

DK Build Help

Lywen
Lywen
OK, I went from my ranged sorcerer and my bow-wielding templar to a DK alt. I got to a point where I'm having trouble, however, losing fights that I think I should have less difficulty with. That or I need to group more...

Is there a skill I'm missing? Or skill arrangement? Or maybe I'm trying to do too much with both two handed and dual wield?

Here's most of my info, I didn't calculate armor/crafting: (She's level 17 now)

http://esohead.com/calculator/skills#mzVzxt9cmommiw8uzt18ugGX8wAeU8wABC8Lxsl8uENw8GRHc8uvZq8GRFN8uzvn8uEi28umFb8x7rcsfd6Msfi8E7bMzmW6MzVS6Mzm16zuciH8l7GMop6czoC6czkA6Mzky8B7mczsq6czsa8O7zzAZqS8P7McdYh6zLp4d837zzw3Y8zR7VzEwXB6zEwFP8zf7zMNbo8zu7zzHfYE6zHfZd8zG7zzHQ3F8zI7zzJIoX6zJIkL8zN7zzJZcY8zA7zzKpUN8zL7zzK4EX
  • Armitas
    Armitas
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Your build should be sufficient to succeed so I am guessing your problem is that you are going from two ranged toons (sorc and bowTemp) to a melee class with no ranged damagers and melee weapons.

Take the ranged classes out first, preferably 2 handed heavy attack or uppercut from stealth since you have a 2 hander. Use burning talons to lock down the melee so that you can deal with them 1 at a time.

What usually causes a melee to fail in a 3 mob pull is that one cannot do enough damage while simultaneously blocking all the power attacks from all 3 mobs. The trick is to either make it a 2 mob fight as fast as possible, or disable the melee so you can take out the ranged.

If if you are dying in a 'boss' fight then the usual problem is that you are getting hit by power attacks. Sometimes the red aoe cones are bigger than they appear so take an extra step outside of them. Save dragon blood for when your health is really low because the more health you are missing the more it heals for.
    Edited by Armitas on May 30, 2014 7:40PM
    Retired.
    Nord mDK