The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Nightblade trying to choose a Versatile Race based on racials...

Clarebear
Clarebear
✭✭
Ok so I already started a NB and have been playing Duel Wield and Bow...as a Khajiit...However I have recently been reading more stuff and about Vamps and also about Syphon style Nightlocks! So I am down to two races...

To keep the stealth I am thinking Bosmer because they get small percent of Stam boost, stam regen in combat so I don't have to give up my stealth bonus damage/range for pvp. Not to mention if I read correctly Vamps are affected by disease damage though there isn't a lot of that in game that I am aware of. And Bosmer does get resistance to that...

So my thought is that I would be able to put points into other things for Magika regen and Fire Resistance...if I need because I will already have a decent Stamina build character and have to worry about less points into that. Such as going with 5 cloth 2 leather if I do decide to go caster such as a Nightlock.

My other choice I am considering would be Dunmer in fact looking over things they might be one of the most balanced overall classes stat wise for both Stamina and Magika boosts plus they would have Fire Resist... If I do end up going for Vampire.

With Dunmer I loose the stam regen and loose the stealth damage bonus/range... but I gain a larger Magika pool and a little larger yet Stamina Pool along with Fire Resist and Fire damage bonus though I don't think NB's would benefit much from a Fire Damage bonus all that much...I could be wrong though.

What are some opinions on this? I am trying to make a character that can be versatile for playing Melee as well as swap to a more caster oriented NB if I choose.
Edited by Clarebear on April 30, 2014 3:59AM
  • Sleepydan
    Sleepydan
    ✭✭✭
    I enjoy my dunmer nb. Everything, all the way down to the dual wield xp bonus
  • Zalathorm
    Zalathorm
    ✭✭✭✭
    The most versatile race for a NB is Imperial
  • Still_Mind
    Still_Mind
    ✭✭✭
    Imperial, or Breton. Breton for 3% mana cost reduction (all class skills), spell res is a nice padding (the class doesn't have Spell Res passives - unless you count temporary boost after stealth), +10% max magicka - more resources means easier softcapping on multiple stats.

Imperial has the biggest raw stat boost in the game, and is very well-suited for non-mage playstyles (especially tanks).

Skill XP bonus is irrelevant. Look for stat boosts and unique mechanics.
    "I'm not *giving* him cake, I'm *assaulting* him with cake!"
  • Clarebear
    Clarebear
    ✭✭
    Still_Mind wrote: »
    Imperial, or Breton. Breton for 3% mana cost reduction (all class skills), spell res is a nice padding (the class doesn't have Spell Res passives - unless you count temporary boost after stealth), +10% max magicka - more resources means easier softcapping on multiple stats.

Imperial has the biggest raw stat boost in the game, and is very well-suited for non-mage playstyles (especially tanks).

Skill XP bonus is irrelevant. Look for stat boosts and unique mechanics.

Thanks it's funny you mention Breton because I actually thought about them recently.
  • koregen
    koregen
    Soul Shriven
    If I could switch my nightblade race I'd play an argonian. In vet dungeons I rely on potions to burst down adds during boss fights. Without a potion I have no burst. Perhaps that's because nightblades aren't functioning as intended. Having increased potion effectiveness would be amazing. Same goes for PVP. Nightblades already have a 20% potion effectivness increase from a class passive, but I think it's overlooked by a lot of players which is a mistake. Stacked with argonian passive that's a 35% increase which is significant.

I would actually pay money if there was an option for me to switch my mains race, cause I sure as hell ain't re-rolling and leveling up the same broken class again.
  • Aoifesan
    Aoifesan
    ✭✭✭
    koregen wrote: »
    If I could switch my nightblade race I'd play an argonian. In vet dungeons I rely on potions to burst down adds during boss fights. Without a potion I have no burst. Perhaps that's because nightblades aren't functioning as intended. Having increased potion effectiveness would be amazing. Same goes for PVP. Nightblades already have a 20% potion effectivness increase from a class passive, but I think it's overlooked by a lot of players which is a mistake. Stacked with argonian passive that's a 35% increase which is significant.

I would actually pay money if there was an option for me to switch my mains race, cause I sure as hell ain't re-rolling and leveling up the same broken class again.

You can increase it even further with passives from the Alchemy line.
  • jambam817_ESO
    jambam817_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    Aoifesan wrote: »
    You can increase it even further with passives from the Alchemy line.

Yup, this is the only craft (besides provisioning on an alt) that I've really focused on. I was excited to see the passive for potions in the Siphon tree. I use them quite a bit, and with the frequency that they drop, I don't really worry about them running dry. I can also create potions with my stockpiled ingredients.

I will ask @Koregen what potions are you using? I've noticed there is Weapon Power, Spell Power, Spell Crit and i assume weapon crit ingredients? I'de love to know a bit more! I've played around with a few of them and they just didn't seem to increase my DPS as much as I would think.

Maybe now that I'm VR1 i should give it another shot.

EDIT: I am a Breton Nightblade by the way, full racials. I use Destro Staff and Resto staff, 5 light/2heavy, and skill bars change constantly depending on the situation (I wish we could have "armory" style weapon sets that we could cycle through, even if it must be out of combat.)

Edited by jambam817_ESO on May 30, 2014 4:00PM