The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Raising level of mage guild skill line

D2player87
D2player87
✭✭
Hi guys, I would really like to use the mage guild skill volcanic ruin but I am having trouble raising the level of the skill line. I use enthropy and Inner light but the skill line just gets stuck at level 4. The fire rune thing is at level 6. I am like level 40 so any tips.
  • Akalukz
    Akalukz
    ✭✭✭
    I believe finding and reading Lore Books also helps.
  • Mithoron
    Mithoron
    ✭✭✭
    As Akulukz mentioned, Lore Books are the only way of raising the Mage Guild skill line...unlike weapon or class skills where you have to have them your action bar or use them...so get to reading!
  • Xnemesis
    Xnemesis
    ✭✭✭✭
    Lore books will lvl the mages skill line however the abilities will lvl on their own from use and being on your bar. I am mages guild lvl 10 and it took forever so good luck.
  • Seroczynski
    Seroczynski
    ✭✭✭
    Try using this: LoreBooks AddOn

You can configure the addon to just show lorebooks you haven't discovered yet. There is also a possibility to change the icons itself, it's a very nifty addon when leveling any character who wants to use Mages Guild skills.
    “To alcohol! The cause of, and solution to, all of life's problems.” ― Homer J. Simpson
  • D2player87
    D2player87
    ✭✭
    Hey guys i suspected it would be lore books but u guys confirmed it. Appreciated.
  • cjmarsh725b14_ESO
    cjmarsh725b14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭
    Yeah, It's 5 Mage's Guild xp per Lore Book.
  • D2player87
    D2player87
    ✭✭
    Volcanic rune here i come :smile: D
  • Phadin
    Phadin
    ✭✭
    Mage guild is a bit unique in that it requires you to explore and find the right books instead of just go bash monsters and finish quests. I actually like that.
  • Pyatra
    Pyatra
    ✭✭✭
    Phadin wrote: »
    Mage guild is a bit unique in that it requires you to explore and find the right books instead of just go bash monsters and finish quests. I actually like that.

I agree, although I wish Meteor was a little more powerful since it was the hardest skill to get in the game (next in line is Dawnbreaker)