The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

The two things I hate.

Misty
Misty
✭✭✭
I really like the game except for two things.

1 - Mostly, you cannot run away from the enemy. Once engaged they can hit you from any distance and through solid objects.
2 - When in heavy combat your mouse and keyboard act erratically, meaning most of your spells and actions never fire.

These two things mean the combat in ESO can be frustrating and unrewarding.

The combat would be great if you could run away when things get rough and your controls were more responsive when in heavy combat, as is the situation in Guild wars 2.
  • Csub
    Csub
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Well, if under 1) you mean they hit yo with spells, you can dodge them only, solid objects won`t stop them true, but dodging will help you avoid them. If you mean melee, yes, if you are close when they start using a melee ability, they will hit you unless you dodge. But to be fair, the same is true for you vs anyone else with these abilities. They won`t be able to escape you unless they dodge if they were close when you started.

Number 2 I have never experienced, I am a healer/melee templar. I sometimes notice i did not hit the enemy when I thought I would, but by turning hitbox on with TAB, I can see where to hit when I`m struggling (mostly useful against big snakes for me as I often fail to hit them :P )
    "The Divines gave you a nose for a reason, Tharn. So you can keep your mouth shut and still keep breathing. - Lyris Titanborn
  • kaosodin
    kaosodin
    ✭✭✭✭
    I love the game, and most the bugs I can bear with.

But I also get that weird cant attack kr cast kn combat bug......usually I hit enter, and enter agaon and I can attack again
  • Misty
    Misty
    ✭✭✭
    I have also been stuck in a combat pose a couple of times where I cannot cast or fight. Of course I die.

Another strange bug I had once was when I left a dungeon and got teleported to a shrine at the other end of the map. :)
  • Ysne58
    Ysne58
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    That inability to use my attacks in combat (some is due to combat latency and there is likely an actual bug with this) is very frustrating. At least half of my player deaths are the result of that.
  • Misty
    Misty
    ✭✭✭
    Ysne58 wrote: »
    That inability to use my attacks in combat (some is due to combat latency and there is likely an actual bug with this) is very frustrating. At least half of my player deaths are the result of that.

QFT.

• Caroloces
    Caroloces
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I suspect (forgive me if I'm wrong!) that you might be experiencing some mouse drift for problem #2. This is something I became aware of fairly recently (and I've been playing since Beta). In order for your skills to be operational against enemies, and your basic mouse click attacks, the enemy always has to be highlighted in red. Sometimes when we check the keyboard for finger positions or inadvertently move the mouse away from the enemy, our attacks seem to be not working. A lot of times when I'm close up on a character and I'm swinging my sword like a maniac, nothing happens. I then realize that the character no longer has the red highlight, so I back away slightly till I get the red glow, and then things start working.
    You can test this sometime by picking a low level enemy and attack it while its red, and then, move the mouse away and try attacking while it's not highlighted. One of the things that I've been working on is memorizing my keyboard finger placements so I don't have to look down at the keyboard.
    They really should fix attacks going through solid objects though. When you're trying to hide behind a boulder and you get nailed, it can be frustrating!
  • Misty
    Misty
    ✭✭✭
    I think your right about the target needing to be highlighted. I must assign a quick key to lock my target and see if that works any better.
  • RazzPitazz
    RazzPitazz
    ✭✭✭✭
    Misty wrote: »
    I think your right about the target needing to be highlighted. I must assign a quick key to lock my target and see if that works any better.
    Tab should do this
    PC NA
    VR1 - Jar'eed - Khajiit Dragon Knight - AD
    VR1 - Broad Tail - Argonian Templar - EP
    All-Star Crafter Guild
  • Jeremy
    Jeremy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I really like the game except for two things.

1 - Mostly, you cannot run away from the enemy. Once engaged they can hit you from any distance and through solid objects.
    2 - When in heavy combat your mouse and keyboard act erratically, meaning most of your spells and actions never fire.

These two things mean the combat in ESO can be frustrating and unrewarding.

The combat would be great if you could run away when things get rough and your controls were more responsive when in heavy combat, as is the situation in Guild wars 2.

The combat does seem less responsive lately. On occasion I have to push my ability a couple of times to get my move to work. I've also been having some problems with my skills becoming unavailable to use when they should be, which has been driving me nuts.

So while I don't really relate to your number 1 complaint. I do agree with you about number 2. The combat system has become buggy and less responsive as of late. It's frustrating for me too.
  • Jeremy
    Jeremy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ysne58 wrote: »

Same here.

I died twice this morning because I was unable to use my skills then decided just to log before I ended up losing half my gold to a repair bill. Definitely a bug involved and it's fairly recent because I used to never have this problem.
  • Misty
    Misty
    ✭✭✭
    One occasion last night I was in battle with 3 bats, one was highlighted red, I had manna and vitality, yet my keys would not fire and I had to repeatedly hammer my mouse button to take a swing. I died when I would have normally beaten them easily.

It gets you really angry when this happens doesn't it?
  • Jeremy
    Jeremy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    One occasion last night I was in battle with 3 bats, one was highlighted red, I had manna and vitality, yet my keys would not fire and I had to repeatedly hammer my mouse button to take a swing. I died when I would have normally beaten them easily.

It gets you really angry when this happens doesn't it?

It's very annoying. Yes.
  • reggielee
    reggielee
    ✭✭✭✭
    yah, i also hate it when the mob follows you even tho you havent engaged them and wont stop until they tag you once. you turn to fight and only see them scampering off chortling .. the scamps
    Mama always said the fastest way to a man's heart is through his chest.