Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Why Does Crafting Fail?

Tieberion
Tieberion
✭✭✭
At 100% ?
Souldn't 100% be, you know, 100%
  • SirAndy
    SirAndy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Let me guess. You upgraded more than one item, set the first one to 100%, which worked and then the 2nd/3rd/4th ... one failed.

You have to manually set 100% again and again for each item you're trying to upgrade.
    ;-)
    Edited by SirAndy on May 29, 2014 10:55PM
  • redspecter23
    redspecter23
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    There is a bug that will reset your tempers after you've clicked the confirmation box. Double check that the confirmation box also says 100% after you've clicked it.

This is normally just a minor problem, but last night I was trying to apply 7 tempers to an item and by the time I clicked 7 times, it had reset to zero. I couldn't click fast enough to get it to confirm the 7 before it reset.
  • Tarukmockto
    Tarukmockto
    ✭✭✭
    I've found it helps to click slowly to 100% rather an "clicking fast enough". And be sure to always verify the popup warning message for the correct percentage.
    NA - DC - DK - PC
  • redspecter23
    redspecter23
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I've found it helps to click slowly to 100% rather an "clicking fast enough". And be sure to always verify the popup warning message for the correct percentage.

I did try that at first, but it was reseting at 4 tempers if I went slow. It might be a conflict with an addon that I'm using. Whenever my equipped weapon icons on the left side of my screen would "glow", the tempers would reset at the same time. It happens every 5 seconds like clockwork. If I can't get my tempers entered and confirmed within 5 seconds, I simply can't do it as they reset back to zero every 5 seconds.

I'll do a bit more research on my end and see what might be causing the issue.

• huntgod_ESO
    huntgod_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    try disabling the add-ons, then reload ui and try, if it clears, add them back one at a time til you find the troublesome one.
    --- HuntGod ---
    Officer of the Unrepentant
    www.unrepentantgaming.com
  • Food4Thought
    Food4Thought
    ✭✭✭
    On a side note which add ons are you using? Give us the list and may be somebody can report a similar issue. Help isolate the cause and possibly get an update.
  • Gillysan
    Gillysan
    ✭✭✭✭
    I haven't heard or seen an addon interfering with this. However, needing to double check the pop up to confirm the tempers are being applied has been going on for a long time. I have never had a failure because I always double check the pop up.

In fact, I'm now convinced the reason the pop up exists is that it is a fix to this very problem. :wink:
    Edited by Gillysan on June 2, 2014 11:51PM
  • Sendarya
    Sendarya
    ✭✭✭
    I don't think add-ons cause it because I had it happen before I started using add-ons. As a matter of fact, recently since I put a bunch of add-on in, I have NOT had it happen, though I don't think it is related.

I do think it is related to doing a bunch though. Since I upgraded to 3/3 in upgrading, I only have to put in 2 greens and 3 blues, and I haven't made any purples recently, it hasn't happened to me once. I recall it happening when I had to add 5 upgrade items often though.
    Owner of the Traveling Tavern, serving superior and consummate foods and drinks for all your leveling needs! :p
    The Traveling Tavern is now closed, until veteran loot tables and rare food mats are fixed. I am very sorry to all my loyal customers!
  • Circuitous
    Circuitous
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I use my mousewheel to scroll up the temper count, and it doesn't roll back to zero. (The mousewheel works for any +/- option, btw. Makes splitting stacks less of a pain.) Might try using that instead. And, of course, always double-check.
    Thank Stendarr it’s Fredas.
    Elanirne: Altmer Templar Healer, DC
    Auria Dolabella: Imperial Nightblade Tank, DC
  • Pyatra
    Pyatra
    ✭✭✭
    If you accidentally hit E instead of R it will reset to 1 temper, so make sure you don't mash them both by accident.