Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

How would you build a "Berserker"?

Ravinsild
Ravinsild
✭✭✭✭
Option number one I was thinking of is recreating this guy:

tt5k2t4qq7q0.jpg

Berserker Rage

Olaf's attack speed increases by 1% for every 1% of his missing health.

Undertow

Olaf throws an axe to a target location, dealing physical damage to units it passes through and slowing them by 2.5 seconds based on distance travelled.

Vicious Strikes
For 6 seconds, Olaf gains 21 % lifesteal and 80 % attack speed. He gains 1% extra healing for every 2.5% health he is missing.

Reckless Swing

Olaf deals 250 true damage to his target. If he doesn't kill his target, he inflicts 30 % of the total damage dealt to himself as true damage.
Basic attack reduce the cooldown of this ability by 1 second.

Ragnarok
Passive: Olaf gains 10 / 20 / 30 armor and magic resist.

Active: Breaks any crowd control effects. Olaf loses the passive bonus armor and magic resist, but gains 40/60/80 bonus attack damage.

http://esohead.com/calculator/skills#mcVz9s8w2lJ8w2BO8IPUI8GHRH8rrX18GHRG85op7JMdBvT6MdBvj6MdBEp6cdBET8T7JrRMA6MrqAi6MrqAD6MrqAZ6crqLw8t7HLsgX6LsgZ6MwS3c6MwUlN6MwYle6MwYlv6MwYl28C7JLzqu6rzqG8F7xrbut6MIPAv8zR7pcEwFP6zEwXB6cEwXC6cEwXD8zf7zzNbo8zu7zzHfYE6zHfZd8zG7zzHQ3F8zI7zzJIoX6zJIkL8zN7zzJZcY8zA7zzKpUN8zL7zzK4EX

Basically Undertow is represented by Flying Blade, Reckless Swing is the Soul Harvest, just a really big hit that chunks people, Ragnarok is covered by Immovable Brute, and Vicious Strikes is covered by Focused Attacks mixed with Leeching Strikes...for the healing and speed respectively.

Nord is the chosen race with 2 Heavy Armor, 5 Medium Armor....

However what if you wanted a more generic just "Fantasy Barbarian" be it from Dungeons and Dragons, or something like a World of Warcraft fury warrior, or just any type of generic, reckless, battle lusted berserker (preferably with two axes, one in each hand, hence dual wielding)

How would you build it? What would you do? What would you do for the second bar for the "Olaf" build?

I'm just trying to brainstorm how that playstyle can be actualized in Elder Scrolls because they honestly don't seem to have much of a place for it here...
  • Diaboli
    Diaboli
    ✭✭✭
    I'm picturing a dragon knight in mostly plate with enough medium for the boosts to stam and attack speed, etc, dual wielding axes. If you're asking what I think. But that seems like pretty much what you did. I like your idea, seems really cool.

For offhand I would go with a bow. Best to stick to DPS roles, but you make for really survivable PVP, I imagine.
    If I throw a dog a bone, I don't care to know how it tastes... - Brick Top
  • Ravinsild
    Ravinsild
    ✭✭✭✭
    I was looking at the Dragonknight tree but for some reason I just don't get a savage or barbaric feeling from them. Which moves would you go with to build a savage berserker?
  • RazzPitazz
    RazzPitazz
    ✭✭✭✭
    DK can do all things. But seriously, DK is master of melee dps and mid *** survival. If you dont feel barbaric by punching someone so hard you knock them to the ground and whail on them with your dual wield axes..... then I just dont know.
    PC NA
    VR1 - Jar'eed - Khajiit Dragon Knight - AD
    VR1 - Broad Tail - Argonian Templar - EP
    All-Star Crafter Guild
  • RazzPitazz
    RazzPitazz
    ✭✭✭✭
    Btw, olaf is countered by snowball jungelers haha
    PC NA
    VR1 - Jar'eed - Khajiit Dragon Knight - AD
    VR1 - Broad Tail - Argonian Templar - EP
    All-Star Crafter Guild
  • Gwarok
    Gwarok
    ✭✭✭
    Diaboli wrote: »
    I'm picturing a dragon knight in mostly plate with enough medium for the boosts to stam and attack speed, etc, dual wielding axes. If you're asking what I think. But that seems like pretty much what you did. I like your idea, seems really cool.

To be quite honest you almost described my char to a tee, heavy armor with 2 lights (Hands and Waist) and if need be I can switch those out for mediums when needed.
    "Strive for balance of all things. When the scales tip to one side or the other, someone or somethings gets short-changed. When someone gets short-changed, unpredictability and strife unbalance the world around us...To achieve freedom from greed, from want, and from strife, all parties in any exchange MUST find balance." -House Hlaalu's Philosophy of Trade

"I am ALWAYS very busy, so I KNOW what's best. You need to stay away from the waterfall. TRUST ME, you're better off keeping busy than playing in the stream....Do you know how to swim, Little Scrib?"

"I am but a simple farmer". -Rags'nar LodesBroke

#SKOOMA!

(Juliet):
    ...it is nor hand, nor foot,
    Nor arm, nor face, nor any other part
    Belonging to a man.
    O, be some other name!
    What's in a name?
    That which we call a rose?
    By any other name would smell as sweet.
    Retain that dear perfection to which he owes...
    (Act II, Scene II -William Shakespeare's: Romeo & Juliet -1595 A.D.)

• disexistencenub19_ESO
    You could also go with Sorc, for that whole lightning and Thor feel. I think that would be more thematic than a DK honestly. Hell, you can even build around crits to heal yourself.
  • jambam817_ESO
    jambam817_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    I've always seen Nightblades as potential "Barbarians" or "Berserkers" for the fact that they have a Finishing move that is 300% damage under 20% health. They have a life leach for tiny mitigation, AOE spell that increases weapon damage. Get with the 2 handed weapon line and Immovable, i think you've got the right idea :) Maybe 5 Heavy 2 Light to have a bit of resource regen and protectiong.
  • Gisgo
    Gisgo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Medium armor WW DW NB wielding axes: berserker.

Actually, it doesnt have to DW, 2H is good, too.

GL getting the barbarian motif, though :p
    Edited by Gisgo on May 29, 2014 2:55PM
  • Shunravi
    Shunravi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I would concider my aoe build a bit of a berzerker build; drain power morph, cleave morph, path of darkness morph + whatever I'm in the mood for at the time.

Of course it's more nocturne than olaf, but hey :)
    Edited by Shunravi on June 19, 2014 8:19PM
    This one has an eloquent and well thought out response to tha... Ooh sweetroll!
  • catpower
    catpower
    ✭✭✭
    In the current state of ESO, resto/destro staff, 2 heavy, rest all light armor, either DK or Sorc, have volcanic rune on your bar and magelight for more crit then just go berserk!

You knew this post was coming...