The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Barbaric swords

Ulvich
Ulvich
✭✭✭✭
So after creating a couple of Barbaric swords I noticed something. Are the tips meant to be pointing down, or is this a design flaw? It’s not too often I see swords being used in the opposite direction like this.
I think they would look better if they were turned around with the tips pointing up.

Hit Hard. Hit Fast. Hit Often - BETA Group: 85 b 9
  • Belrim
    Belrim
    ✭✭✭
    heh .. most likely a bug. Unless youre supposed to be fighting enemies *behind* you with them :smile:
    Early bird gets the worm, but second mouse gets the cheese.
  • ArRashid
    ArRashid
    ✭✭✭✭
    Either way is fine with me.. I'm more concerned about apparent lack of detail on them - they looks like no TV signal instead of a sword texture..

btw, man, what are you playing ESO on? That looks like low res textures paired with disabled spec maps!
  • TazzyD83
    TazzyD83
    ✭✭
    There are a few swords from the past that have reverse tips, don't ask me where from, I just remember seeing them, more than likely on worlds deadliest warrior :smiley: .

swords have had many different shapes and sizes from many different cultures, curved, wavy, all matter of weird shapes designed to counter other swords or sheilds

:smile:
  • Woolenthreads
    Woolenthreads
    ✭✭✭✭
    Turkish Yataghans were often curved towards the edge. The Sosun Pattah from India did so too. Kukris are classed as swords. Some early iron age swords from Spain and Greece also curved towards the edge.
    Oooh look, lot's of Butterflies! Wait! Butterflies? Get out of here Sheo, stop bugging me!

Having issues with Provisioning Writs? A list of problem Writs and people willing to help in game can be found in this Thread
  • Gisgo
    Gisgo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Some early iron age swords from Spain and Greece also curved towards the edge.

Yes its like an ugly iberian Falcata/greek Kopi.
    Can thrust like a sword and chop like an axe, some say it later inspired the roman gladius, which was born as a double edged straigthened falcata.

Damn you woke up the classic age nerd in me.

Argonian swords look much better than barb imho.

s5z4mt.jpg
    Edited by Gisgo on May 28, 2014 10:53AM
  • Ulvich
    Ulvich
    ✭✭✭✭
    ArRashid wrote: »
    Either way is fine with me.. I'm more concerned about apparent lack of detail on them - they looks like no TV signal instead of a sword texture..

btw, man, what are you playing ESO on? That looks like low res textures paired with disabled spec maps!

Since last week's major patch I have been experiencing some pretty serious graphic issues, so I turned everything down hoping it would help. But that's another ticket.
    Hit Hard. Hit Fast. Hit Often - BETA Group: 85 b 9
  • Woolenthreads
    Woolenthreads
    ✭✭✭✭
    Ulvich wrote: »
    ArRashid wrote: »

Since last week's major patch I have been experiencing some pretty serious graphic issues, so I turned everything down hoping it would help. But that's another ticket.

I had serious issues too but they repaired it with the mem-leak hotfix. I used to have a video lag issue that forced me to change my settings, so my first reaction post-patch was to adjust those further down, which didn't work, of course.
    Oooh look, lot's of Butterflies! Wait! Butterflies? Get out of here Sheo, stop bugging me!

Having issues with Provisioning Writs? A list of problem Writs and people willing to help in game can be found in this Thread