Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

What effects NB Crit for class skills ?

angelohupb14_ESO
Does weapon crit effect class skills or spell crit? If weapon crit does then is spell crit useless? Thanks
  • khele23eb17_ESO
    khele23eb17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    From what Ive read melee 'spells' use weapon crit, ranged 'spells' use spell crit.
    P2P offered you 'hell yeah!' moments. F2P offers you 'thank god its over' moments.
  • GeeYouWhy
    GeeYouWhy
    ✭✭✭
    I believe that may be correct but I also think that the melee spells damage changes with base melee damage. I have confirmed this personally.
    Konrandir, Vampire Sorcerer
  • angelohupb14_ESO
    That makes sense, I hope its accurate:)
  • Vuron
    Vuron
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    From what Ive read melee 'spells' use weapon crit, ranged 'spells' use spell crit.

This is not correct. Melee versus ranged doesn't determine the method. I will say that most of the abilities use weapon crit. It was described in another thread by saying that if it looks like you're attacking with a summoned weapon than it uses weapon crit, like Impale. Spells that actually look like spells use spell crit, like Strife.
    Edited by Vuron on May 28, 2014 10:44PM
  • PBpsy
    PBpsy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Veiled Strike, Teleport Strike,Death Stroke and their morphs -Crit Chance is given by weapon crit. The damage increases with magicka and they are mitigated by armor.That means two consecutive non critical Surprise attacks do slightly different damage due to armor reduction.
    Assassins Blade and morphs did not appear to ever crit when I tested it. Doesn't really need to though.

Everything else is a Spell and needs spell crit.
    ESO forums achievements
    Proud fanboi
    Elitist jerk
    Troll
    Hater
    Fan of icontested(rainbow colors granted)
  • egosumacunnus
    egosumacunnus
    ✭✭✭
    I thought if an ability uses magicka it's a spell and if it uses Stamina it uses weapon..
    If real life had a block function i would go out more.

Proud to have spent a year paying to BETA test ESO for consoles.

Error Code 301
  • khele23eb17_ESO
    khele23eb17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Vuron wrote: »

Spells that actually look like spells use spell crit, like Strife.

Which is ranged...
    P2P offered you 'hell yeah!' moments. F2P offers you 'thank god its over' moments.
  • ShedsHisTail
    ShedsHisTail
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sure would be nice if the tool tips showed how your stats affect your skills.
    "As an online discussion of Tamrielic Lore grows longer, the probability of someone blaming a Dragon Break approaches 1." -- Sheds' Law
    Have you seen the Twin Lamps?