The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 15:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – April 16, 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC) - 6:00PM EDT (22:00 UTC)

A bit lost

Kykosis12
Kykosis12
✭✭
Hiya guys, im currently level 28 and somehow ive ended up in eastmarch, which seem to be level 32 - 35 mobs, proving a bit difficult, im managing quite well but im wondering if i should really be here or i should be somewhere a bit easier :P

Many thanks in advance! :)
  • KriHavok
    KriHavok
    ✭✭✭✭
    Hello, fellow adventurer!
    Perhaps you should try backtracking to the past zones you've been in and make sure to complete all the possible quests there (you can check this in your achievements tab, under "Quests", it should be [ZONE] [No. Completed/No. Not Completed]).
    If you believe you have completed as many quests as you can possibly find, be sure to update yourself on the main quest and the Undaunted/Fighters Guild/Mages Guild quest-lines. These quest locations are usually in main cities and are a few levels behind the level expected for mobs of that zone.
    I wish you luck in your endeavors! If still unsure, do not hesitate to reply!
    UESP Staffer & Wiki Editor
  • Kykosis12
    Kykosis12
    ✭✭
    @jollyskyrim, i will do that when i get back from work :D many thanks, as far as i know am i currently doing past my level on the guild quests though.

Many thanks!
  • KriHavok
    KriHavok
    ✭✭✭✭
    @Kykosis12‌ No problem!
    UESP Staffer & Wiki Editor
  • Rosveen
    Rosveen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    If you do group dungeons, world bosses, dolmens in addition to questing, you won't find yourself underleveled. In fact, I just entered the fourth zone (same level as Eastmarch) and all new quests are green. JollySkyrim is right, you probably just missed something in the previous zones.
  • Kykosis12
    Kykosis12
    ✭✭
    @Rosveen seems to be that way, no problems will back track a bit and find out where i went wrong :P Thanks muchly for the help guys!
  • mutharex
    mutharex
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Kykosis12 wrote: »
    @Rosveen seems to be that way, no problems will back track a bit and find out where i went wrong :P Thanks muchly for the help guys!

Have you 'completed' all the Delves/Public Dungeons? They give quite some XP between the exploration and killing the 'boss'

Though nothing beats dingin a level by opening a locked chest.....
  • Kykosis12
    Kykosis12
    ✭✭
    @mutharex i'll go back through and complete all of them i thinks.. Never really bothered with them but as they give xp and all there is always chests around too :P Tahnks! :D
  • mutharex
    mutharex
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    And don't forget the bookshelves! Also, are you aware that each delve/PD has on skyshard inside?
  • AreoHotah
    AreoHotah
    ✭✭✭✭
    You probably skiped the starting islands like many do.
    Hota'h, Dual-wield/bow full medium armor NB Khajiit from day 1.

https://imageshack.com/i/p2rF313Qj/b]
  • Kykosis12
    Kykosis12
    ✭✭
    I wasn't aware they all had them in no, excellent! i will definitely be going around tonight collected a few more ;)
  • mutharex
    mutharex
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I wasn't aware they all had them in no, excellent! i will definitely be going around tonight collected a few more ;)

Yes, every 'torch' on the map has a Skyshard in it. Torches with a plus sign next o it also have group based achievements (like kill all the champions etc) that give a Skill Point
  • Sallakat
    Sallakat
    ✭✭✭
    It's easy also to check that every symbol in your map is whitened out, if you complete everything so that the symbols turn from black to white, then you should not be under leveled.
    Rebuilt - Aldmeri Dominion

Kaia Linnea - templar
    Ruusu - sorcerer
    Aino - nightblade
  • Censorious
    Censorious
    ✭✭✭✭
    This happened to me and many others at the start when we had many bugged uncomplete-able quests.

Easiest thing to do is to find some rapid spawning mobs just a few levels below you and grind, grind, grind.

'Clever' sigs get old real fast - just like this one.
  • Kykosis12
    Kykosis12
    ✭✭
    Thanks for all the help guys, taking it all board :D Many thanks!
  • Srugzal
    Srugzal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Censorious wrote: »
    This happened to me and many others at the start when we had many bugged uncomplete-able quests.

Easiest thing to do is to find some rapid spawning mobs just a few levels below you and grind, grind, grind.

It's easy in the sense that it's a simple, or rather, a simplistic solution. The problem is that since the mob grinding XP nerf, this is not a very effective leveling technique.

Here's a few more effective techniques:
    1. Do all of the group instanced dungeons (Fungal Grove, etc.) and their quests. They give relatively high XP bonuses for quest completion, even if you're outleveled.
    2. Complete all the solo dungeons, including gathering all the skyshards. Now, finishing a dungeon will give you some XP, true, and skyshards won't, but what you will have to do is traverse the landscape completely just to get to them all. Along the way you'll encounter a lot of side quests. The point is, do them all. The levels will melt away while you do this.
    3. Make sure you have completed all the main zone quests. These are found in and near the major cities. Follow up on every quest giver. Quests that seem trivial at the beginning (go get me three of these kinds of quests) can quickly turn epic.
    4. Go back to earlier zones and do all the dolmens and world bosses.

I've followed this outline (besides working the main quests and the guild quests) and I have left each zone so far 1-3 levels above the starter quest for the next zone.

• Srugzal
    Srugzal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    mutharex wrote: »

Yes, every 'torch' on the map has a Skyshard in it. Torches with a plus sign next o it also have group based achievements (like kill all the champions etc) that give a Skill Point

They've changed the symbols. "Torch +" now signifies a (non instanced) public group dungeon. It has quests, too. "Crossed torches" now indicates the group instanced dungeon (the sort with a quest that awards a skill point). The "single torch" indicates the non-instanced "solo" dungeon. Nearly all dungeons have skyshards, if not inside them someplace, in the immediate vicinity.
  • Kykosis12
    Kykosis12
    ✭✭
    Thank you very much for the info srugzal, i have currently started doing this now and getting there :) i will make sure to look around for them around the area also :D
  • aleister
    aleister
    ✭✭✭✭
    You don't need to grind, but definitely go back to the previous zone and look for quests you didn't complete. If you do all of the quests in each zone, you'll be over-level by the time you move onto the next zone. If you don't want to quest, do all of the dungeons, POIs and dolmens. Those are good xp.

There are lots of maps online that show you where stuff is. There are also addons you can get that will put markers on your map of things you have not discovered.
  • Kykosis12
    Kykosis12
    ✭✭
    yeah can't stand just constantly questing :P i like to do a bit of wondering xD yeah i recently got an add-on that shows me where all skyshards are :) makes life much easier :P it does show things that are undiscovered too so tonight ill be on a bit of an adventure ! :P