Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Imperial Edition Upgrade

Misty
Misty
✭✭✭
I am that happy with the game so far that I am thinking of upgrading to the Imperial Edition of the game.

Have any of you ungraded, and if so would you consider the additions to be worth the asking price or/and does it improve your game in a significant way?
  • I55UE5
    I55UE5
    ✭✭✭
    The playable Imperial race and the horse are about all that is worth it. Maybe the ring of mara as well if you are playing frequently with a friend. All the editions are negligible of course. You can play as another class, you can save money and get the basic horse around level 35.
  • Jeddahwe
    Jeddahwe
    ✭✭✭
    I have found no use for the Imperial race because I like to play Magicka (mana) based game play caster and ranged...The horse well you can spend US15 and get the same horse just brown.

The real advantage is you can play any race with any alliance! Which tbh is not a big deal...
  • Tabia
    Tabia
    Jeddahwe wrote: »
    I have found no use for the Imperial race because I like to play Magicka (mana) based game play caster and ranged...The horse well you can spend US15 and get the same horse just brown.

The real advantage is you can play any race with any alliance! Which tbh is not a big deal...

What does playing a magicka based character have to do with what edition you choose?

Buying a brown horse with US dollars is only possible if you buy gold outside the game, doing so should ban your account.
    I55UE5 wrote: »
    The playable Imperial race and the horse are about all that is worth it. Maybe the ring of mara as well if you are playing frequently with a friend. All the editions are negligible of course. You can play as another class, you can save money and get the basic horse around level 35.

I55UE5 is correct.
  • Most_Awesome
    Most_Awesome
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Nope you can buy a brown horse from the ESO Store for about 10 quid

I myself have just upgraded, Ive left my Vet4 NB as I just got bored of doing the AD quests as I already have a lv47 and 30 on that alliance. So Ive rolled an Imp DK on EP so I dont have to touch AD zone again in a loooooong time.
    Also in all my time playing ive never brought a horse with gold as Im always skint trying out different builds and stuff so the horse for 1 gold is awesome and speeding around with it now (I just think wtf was I thinking should have done this from the start)
  • Misty
    Misty
    ✭✭✭
    Darn! Some say yes and some no. It's hard to decide. Maybe I best just buy it and see for myself, but it is £20, I could buy a new game for that.

Do you get a different start, or is it the same Aldmeri Dominion start?
    Edited by Misty on May 27, 2014 4:30PM
  • Orizuru
    Orizuru
    ✭✭✭
    The Ring of Mara can be a huge asset at Veteran Ranks if you have a friend you can duo with often.

• Tabia
    Tabia
    Nope you can buy a brown horse from the ESO Store for about 10 quid

I didnt realize ESO had a cash store...

I bought Imperial edition and 2 horses for a gold each. One capped at storage, the other for speed. Mine will never be as fast as the more expensive ones though since they have higher stats already.
  • kewl
    kewl
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    $20:
    • White Pony (pack mule)
    • Ring of Mara (XP bonus, always a winner)
    • Imperial race (great for tanking)
    • Imperial Transmog (big pimpin')

$15:
    • Tan Pony (pack mule)

Are the Rings of Mara and Imperial bonuses worth $5?

do-it.png
    Edited by kewl on May 29, 2014 1:04PM
  • Most_Awesome
    Most_Awesome
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Misty wrote: »
    Do you get a different start, or is it the same Aldmeri Dominion start?

Nope exact same quests minus guild missions, but everything is Vet level so no running around smashing things up like a Warrior God.

• kewl
    kewl
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    To support my earlier claim that the Imperial Transmog is big pimpin'. All I need now is a few gold teeth and an El Camino with some lusty Argonian maids riding in back.

x5FAl7F.png
  • TicToc
    TicToc
    ✭✭✭
    It all depends on the value you place on what is included.

Frankly, the rings and pets had no appeal for me.

If you play several alts, it would be worth it just for the horse. Each character you create will have access to the horses, so that made it a good deal. If you only ever plan to play one character you might want to just save up and buy a horse in-game.

Some people think the Imperial race is best for certain classes/roles. If you are not worried about min/max'ing then you still have the other 9 races to choose from and might not miss having the imperial race. If you craft, they are the only ones that can craft in the imperial style (not something i was concerned with).

I thought about buying the brown horse but, for me, the Imperial addition was only $5 more, so I went with that. For you I think there is a greater price difference, and it might not be worth it, unless you are a big imperial fan.
  • Aballister
    Aballister
    ✭✭✭
    For me, I like to play dark elves, so the play any race/alliance was enough of a pull to make it worthwhile. tbh, the pets have all stayed in the bank since day one and I ditched the maps as they were taking up too much space. Horse is handy, if only to be able to start upgrading it right away.
    Dark Elf Sorc(AD)
  • Censorious
    Censorious
    ✭✭✭✭
    The brown horse is available to anyone who wants to pay a few dollars to The online store - it's an upgrade. It's the same horse as the Imperial edition, just a different colour.
    It's up to you if you want to feed it for speed, stamina or inventory.

Important - ALL your characters get a horse (ingame cost 1g), not just one.

The standard (physica)l edition also gets you the 'all races' thing and it's cheaper than the download (go figure)
    'Clever' sigs get old real fast - just like this one.
  • Fuzzylumpkins
    Fuzzylumpkins
    ✭✭✭✭
    It was worth it prelaunch when you had the extra few days play and at the start when making your initially character mattered. Now? No. Unless you are an altaholic that doesn't actually put effort into the game or top level of play (not that the top end is interesting in any way at all.)
  • Misty
    Misty
    ✭✭✭
    I think I will wait until it's drops to a price that I can't resist. I would like it, but the asking price is far to much for what good it would be to me.

I don't want the crab. I don't want the rings. I am not bothered about a horse, and as you say the imperials are nothing all that special.
  • agegarton
    agegarton
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I thought it worthwhile for the horse. The pet is a bit of fun, perhaps useful at low levels (<10), but not much else. I haven't used the rings as I tend to play solo.

it is quite good fun restyling your armour and weaponry to Imperial too - gives you a few more options on your look.
  • Csub
    Csub
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I didn't upgrade to it, I preordered imperial edition and no regrets so far. Go for it if you think it worths it. I think it does.
    Edited by Csub on May 28, 2014 10:44PM
    "The Divines gave you a nose for a reason, Tharn. So you can keep your mouth shut and still keep breathing. - Lyris Titanborn
  • Misty
    Misty
    ✭✭✭
    Csub wrote: »
    I didn't upgrade to it, I preordered imperial edition and no regrets so far. Go for it if you think it worths it. I think it does.

I will, but not at £20. As I have said, I could buy a new and complete game for £20. This is just a bit of digital nonsense or DLC, with a personal value of around £5. I don't even get a book, map or statue.
    Edited by Misty on May 29, 2014 6:13AM