Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Since the Craglorn release Have all your mods going out of date?

ursacorb14_ESO
:# Hi all;

Since the release of Craglorn the mods I use now all show out of date, I am also having to use the /reloadui like it is going out of style.

is anyone else having this issue, if so has anyone found a way to get things to work smoothly ( or smoother ) than things are right now.

Thanks

A Bear is a terrible thing to tick off, especially when he is trying to be helpful
  • Cairenn
    Cairenn
    ✭✭✭
    Edited by Cairenn on May 27, 2014 8:22AM
    Cairenn
    Co-founder & Administrator
    ESOUI
  • METALPUNKS
    METALPUNKS
    ✭✭✭
    If you have not yet download minion now! It's used for eso add ons. Basically it's one program that tracks and updates all your add ons. Once minion is downloaded open it and you should see all your add ons. From there you'll see updates, update and start game. Also download all your add ons from there.

If you decide not to use minion you have to download and unzip the new version of the add on and replace it with the old. Just get minion and your life will be much easier.
  • darthbelanb14_ESO
    darthbelanb14_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    METALPUNKS wrote: »
    If you have not yet download minion now! It's used for eso add ons. Basically it's one program that tracks and updates all your add ons. Once minion is downloaded open it and you should see all your add ons. From there you'll see updates, update and start game. Also download all your add ons from there.

If you decide not to use minion you have to download and unzip the new version of the add on and replace it with the old. Just get minion and your life will be much easier.

If you don't mind bloat/mal/spy (insert whatever prefix you like) ware. Otherwise the best option is to just manually update the addons yourself.
  • Cairenn
    Cairenn
    ✭✭✭
    If you don't mind bloat/mal/spy (insert whatever prefix you like) ware. Otherwise the best option is to just manually update the addons yourself.
    I can assure you that there is none of that in Minion. We value our 12+ years excellent reputation better than that.
    Cairenn
    ESOUI
  • zgrssd
    zgrssd
    ✭✭✭✭
    [If you don't mind bloat/mal/spy (insert whatever prefix you like) ware. Otherwise the best option is to just manually update the addons yourself.
    I installed it. Does not even need admin rights.
    Please don't go around spouting insulting claims about people and programms you do not know.

Besides, what exactly is the point of downloading Addons manually from ESOUI.com as opposed to using the programm provided by ESOUI.com? If they wanted they could put addware jsut as well into the normal downloads. If!
    Elana Peterson (EU), Dominion, Imperial Sorc, Rune & Alchemy Crafting Char
    Leonida Peterson (EU), Daggerfall, Kajiit Nightblade, Tank & main Crafter
    Kurga Peterson (EU), Ebonhart, Ork Dragonknight, Provision Mule
    Coldblood Peterson (EU) Argonian Templer, Daggerfall, Healer
    Incendia Peterson (EU), Dominion, Dunmer Dragonknight, fire DPS & healer
    Haldor Belendor (EU), Ebonhart, Breton Sorcerer, Tank
    Fuliminictus Peterson (EU), Ebonhart, Altmer Sorcerer, Electric DPS

Me babbling about PvE roles and Armor, Short Guide to Addon Programming (for Programmers)

If you think anything I or somebody else said violates the Rules of this Forum, you are free to flag my posts. Till I get any notifcaion from this, I just asume you know you have no case against me or Zenimax disagrees with you.
  • Wykkyd
    Wykkyd
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I bet you also fear alien abduction and wear aluminum foil hats to prevent evil Zenimax from reading your thoughts. Get a grip on reality. If you don't understand something don't comment on it. It's fairly obvious you have no clue what Minion is, what it does or how it works.
  • trahe
    trahe
    ✭✭
    Aluminum foil hats look good on some people....if they are down the street on the other side and aren't moving in your direction. :)
  • evilghostrider
    evilghostrider
    Soul Shriven
    Agreed, minion is fantastic for managing you addons.
  • Lauranae
    Lauranae
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Minion is sur a great tool THOUGH actually the update from it is most of the time not working correctly and i end up to have to install them manually.
    And no i am not alone with that problem, may be not a lot but the problem exist.

So just be aware that you can still encounter bugs with addons if you install them with Minion. The workaround is easy, if the install did not worked correctly you can remove and then go manually, just a story of luck :)
    My most recent characters
    AD - Columba nera NB
    --Gran'ma is away from the game for resting after Covid and 9 teeth removed as she is totally knocked down -
  • Cairenn
    Cairenn
    ✭✭✭
    Hi Lauranae,

Could I ask you to please post in the Minion Support forum with the problems you are experiencing? Include the information requested in this thread, please.
    Edited by Cairenn on June 18, 2014 7:56PM
    Cairenn
    ESOUI