The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

Provisioning Question

Faustes
Faustes
✭✭✭
I plan to max out my provisioning in the future.

Are there specific ingredients I should be saving up now? Right now, I pretty much just vendor them all due to how many different types there are and their overabundance.

Thanks
  • Anastasia
    Anastasia
    ✭✭✭✭
    Hi Faustes -- do a search here on the forums, lots of good tips about Provisioning. I love reading stuff at the fansite "Tamriel Foundry" as well. I think it was there that someone explained you could just save up all the recipes'/memorize them til you get to about level 15 and THEN start gathering ingredients in that area and start doing your lvl 15 recipes to level up. They said it wasn't really necessary to save up all those low level ingredients and clutter up your bank etc...just do the ones from Level 15ish and up.

Good luck and good journeys!
  • Sendarya
    Sendarya
    ✭✭✭
    Ingredients to save from day one:
    Red wheat
    tomato
    potato
    oats
    barley
    salt
    pepper

All of these can be found starting in low level zones or from your hirelings, but are used in all blue and purple foods from lvl 10 to lvl v5.

There are also drink rarest to save, such as jazbay grapes and saaz hops, but I have found people are no longer using drinks at all by lvl 50, so I stopped saving these.
    Edited by Sendarya on May 28, 2014 2:15AM
    Owner of the Traveling Tavern, serving superior and consummate foods and drinks for all your leveling needs! :p
    The Traveling Tavern is now closed, until veteran loot tables and rare food mats are fixed. I am very sorry to all my loyal customers!