Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Recomended gear for leather/dw NB?

R0M2K
R0M2K
✭✭✭✭
Hey guys.

im just wondering what sets, traits, enchants are recomended for a Leather (7/7) & DW (daggers) NB and why.

Trying to figure out whats the best posible setup for endgame (VR12) PVE and for PVP.

Any tips are welcome.
Edited by R0M2K on May 26, 2014 11:42AM
  • the.dzeneralb16_ESO
    I play a medium armor DW dagger NB and what you want to do is have most of your armor have the infused traits with one mundus stone (correct me if I'm wrong someone, but mundus stone effects dont stack) With infused on your armors enchant them with magicka glyphs
  • jircris11
    jircris11
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    DW is fun, but i will warn you..in vet areas you will get eaten ....a lot. I have had to change how i approach combat to an even more tactical approach then i was before. It makes the game fun for me since im not mindlessly charging in. But i also find that bow is a handy weapon if you can get behind the person while hidden. I use it to take out those casters...especially fire seeing how im a vamp. then change to DW and kill the others. And no stones dont stack op, as for your advice it is solid seeing how you will rely heavily on magika (class skills)
    IGN: Ki'rah
    Khajiit/Vampire
    DC/AD faction/NA server.
    RPer
  • AreoHotah
    AreoHotah
    ✭✭✭✭
    Hey. i take it from your avatar you are khajiit? Perfect.

here are my tips. Im vr 5 atm im *** everything eyes closed in vr5 zone.

- 3 sets. Ashen grip, vampire kiss and night mothers gaze. all purple medium vr4 gear.
    - traits i have infused and some divines i think.
    - enchantements i have max health on chest, helm and pants cuz those take full benefit from glyphs. all rest max magicka.
    - weapons daggers ofc. faster and more crit from dual wield last passive.
    - traits are precise on main and sharpened on offhand. both purple.
    - enchantements i have 30 unresistable damage on both.
    - as secondary weapon i use a flame staff just for emergencies. Dont forget to make it in one of those sets as well. since is a 2hander it will count as 2 items when you switch from daggers.
    - all passives in assassination, syphoning, the other one in main (forgot how its called :p), dualwield, class and mediym armor.
    - thief mundus stone for crit
    - atributes in a 1.5 - 3 - 1 ratio (mag - hp - stam)
    - jewelry that reduces magica costs. much better than regeneration. max health or magicka on them.
    - ALWAYS have food that gives at least 180 hp and magicka for hour.

Thats all i can think of now. im at work on my phone. in from EU if you need anything add me.

AreoHotah
    Edited by AreoHotah on May 26, 2014 3:52PM
    Hota'h, Dual-wield/bow full medium armor NB Khajiit from day 1.

https://imageshack.com/i/p2rF313Qj/b]
  • Worstluck
    Worstluck
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You will want the Hunding's Rage set with divines and precise weapons as far as PvE, I know nothing of pvp gear. I don't have much of a problem with stamina, so I use mainly armor magicka enchants. Irresistable damage is preferred for weapon enchants.

My big tip is that you get used to not doing a whole lot. VR12 Nightblades are not desired in end game groups at the moment. Our dps and extreme lack of utility compared to DK's and Sorcs does not justify our group slot.
    Edited by Worstluck on May 26, 2014 8:48PM
    Worstluck - Breton Nightblade "Some of us refused to bow. We knew the old ways would lead us back to having a kingdom of our own."
    ―Madanach
    Elfluck - Dunmer Dragonknight "When I will walk the earth again, the Faithful among you shall receive your reward: to be set above all other mortals forever. As for the rest: the weak shall be winnowed: the timid shall be cast down: the mighty shall tremble at my feet and pray for pardon."
    ―Mehrunes Dagon
    Deadluck -Imperial Templar "Men are but flesh and blood. They know their doom, but not the hour"
    ―Uriel Septim

Daggerfall Covenant
  • Gisgo
    Gisgo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hunding's Rage 5/5 + Night's Mother 3/5
    Head, body and legs infused, everything else impenetrable.

I wouldnt bother playing an NB in pve right now.
  • audabon2013
    audabon2013
    ✭✭
    Swapping from dw to 2 hander will break your set bonus fyi. So 3x 3pc only works for dw/snb.

put your least important 3pc bonus on the 2h/staff if you do go that route.
  • Rair.Kitani
    Rair.Kitani
    ✭✭✭
    Gisgo wrote: »

These sets I'm wearing atm. But to be honest i didn't see my weapon damage scaled up with Hunding's Rage. Can you see the increased weapon damage at any time?

• audabon2013
    audabon2013
    ✭✭
    It increases weapon dmg While using a weapon ability.

These circumstantial buffs tend not to show on character screen.

To confirm if they are applying you would track you dmg numbers with the set active and inactive.
  • Rair.Kitani
    Rair.Kitani
    ✭✭✭
    Okay I did some math (or let my addon do it, great one btw, T's Combat Stats)
    What i did was that i killed 10 mudcrabs with the flying blade skill, one time with set bonus, another time without (was a bit more lucky on crit the second time though)
    As soon as i started wearing this set i had a strange feeling and it seems like the numbers proof my concern.
    Did none of you got that feeling as well?
    grOoc7E.jpg
  • Gisgo
    Gisgo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I can only say the damage on flying blade and blinding flurry went up a lot after the last patch.
    I dont believe the tooltips anymore, my Power (that should worded Weapon damage anyway) goes up and down all the time for no reason.
    Edited by Gisgo on May 26, 2014 10:17PM
  • Vuron
    Vuron
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Gisgo wrote: »

These sets I'm wearing atm. But to be honest i didn't see my weapon damage scaled up with Hunding's Rage. Can you see the increased weapon damage at any time?

I wouldn't go Hundings unless you're going with a stamina build... and I wouldn't suggest going with a stamina build.

My current setup is...

7 medium/2 light

3 piece Warlock set (head, neck, ring)
    5 piece Magnus (both daggers are Magnus, which still gives the 3 piece bonus when I swap).
    3 piece Night Mother.

Chest and Legs have health enchants and everything else has Magicka enchant.

Use VR5 Health/Magicka food and Health/Magicka or trifecta potions.