The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Resto Staff leveling

Psychobunni
Psychobunni
✭✭✭✭✭
Just got my mage to 15 and can now swap. I would like to know if it makes a difference spamming people in the crafting area, bank, randoms...with a heal or if it is simply a waste of time?

If options weren't necessary, and everyone played the same way, no one would use addons. Fix the UI!

• nudel
    nudel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It does not. Skills lvl by xp gained with the skill in an active slot (the visible bar not an offhand one). You do not gain xp in a town bank and so skills will not level.
    Edited by nudel on May 25, 2014 10:09PM
  • Psychobunni
    Psychobunni
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    thank -you :)
    If options weren't necessary, and everyone played the same way, no one would use addons. Fix the UI!

• Monkeyshoeslive
    Monkeyshoeslive
    ✭✭✭
    A good thing about heals is they count as tagging a mob. So in public dungeons and dolmens go nuts with the healing if others are around.
  • Shaun98ca2
    Shaun98ca2
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    FYI you can actually make a good DPS build with Restro Staff and slot 1-2 Staff abilities and level it quite fast.
  • audabon2013
    audabon2013
    ✭✭
    I leveled entirely to vr7 so far with resto on both bars using templar abilities.

This should be even easier to level using dk, sorc or nb class skills.

Resto provides excellent survivability. Use class and guild abilities to dps