The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

What happend to our Damage Meters?

whykillme
whykillme
Hello,

So Friday/Saturday we were having loads of fun talking about the DPS meter. But the API is disabled again.

Why is this being disabled, who does it hurt if we have it enabled? In the end, only if you have the add-on others can see your DPS, its optional really.

Greetings,

WKM
  • Nooblet
    Nooblet
    ✭✭✭✭
    ? My dps meter was working fine. Did you check the box that lets you use out of date addons? As it said all addons were out of date. I assume you have, since you used it friday/sat.

But I had no issue with FTC dps meter today.
  • Rhoric
    Rhoric
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yeah you have check the box to use the out of date addons. I had to do that myself as none of mine were working.
  • whykillme
    whykillme
    Well i don't mean the single one. I can see my own DPS.

But in PTS and friday/saturday de game allowed the API so we could see everyone's DPS in one list. Now you can only see your own because they disabled it again... why?
  • Rhoric
    Rhoric
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Cause that was the PTS server. It's called the testing server for a reason.
  • Lovely
    Lovely
    ✭✭✭
    I think you should put it out there that you are reporting an issue on the PTS, otherwise it's misleading.
  • whykillme
    whykillme
    It worked on live but does nto anymore...
  • Smaxx
    Smaxx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Why do you have to know the DPS of other people? To "optimize" groups and sort out "bad apples"? Good it's gone (again). :)
  • zgrssd
    zgrssd
    ✭✭✭✭
    whykillme wrote: »
    Hello,

So Friday/Saturday we were having loads of fun talking about the DPS meter. But the API is disabled again.

Why is this being disabled, who does it hurt if we have it enabled? In the end, only if you have the add-on others can see your DPS, its optional really.
    That is the second time I heard of a Cross Group damage events being in the API. But nobody ever gave me a link to a discussion about it or a API dump containing it.
    There is also nothing in the Patchnotes (not even a "we forgot to mention it/sorry it was there").
    So I am still not convinced it actually existed. At all.

If you were a programmer yourself you could propably thinkg of a Dozen reasons why it was disabeled. Or not exposed in the first palce.
    They might have put it on the test server to test it. And they might have accidently ported it over to live before it was ready.
    Might! (like I said, still not verification this actually existed).
    Elana Peterson (EU), Dominion, Imperial Sorc, Rune & Alchemy Crafting Char
    Leonida Peterson (EU), Daggerfall, Kajiit Nightblade, Tank & main Crafter
    Kurga Peterson (EU), Ebonhart, Ork Dragonknight, Provision Mule
    Coldblood Peterson (EU) Argonian Templer, Daggerfall, Healer
    Incendia Peterson (EU), Dominion, Dunmer Dragonknight, fire DPS & healer
    Haldor Belendor (EU), Ebonhart, Breton Sorcerer, Tank
    Fuliminictus Peterson (EU), Ebonhart, Altmer Sorcerer, Electric DPS

Me babbling about PvE roles and Armor, Short Guide to Addon Programming (for Programmers)

If you think anything I or somebody else said violates the Rules of this Forum, you are free to flag my posts. Till I get any notifcaion from this, I just asume you know you have no case against me or Zenimax disagrees with you.
  • Fuzzylumpkins
    Fuzzylumpkins
    ✭✭✭✭
    Blame it on the 3 day weekend, every other topic is.
  • zgrssd
    zgrssd
    ✭✭✭✭
    zgrssd wrote: »
    That is the second time I heard of a Cross Group damage events being in the API. But nobody ever gave me a link to a discussion about it or a API dump containing it.
    There is also nothing in the Patchnotes (not even a "we forgot to mention it/sorry it was there").
    So I am still not convinced it actually existed. At all.
    I was wrong. Turns out there was such an addition to the API during PTS time and for a short while after Craglorn went live. But it was apparently an accident on the live servers, so they disabeled it again.

Either is was not ready (reliable) yet, or it caused too much load on the live servers.
    Elana Peterson (EU), Dominion, Imperial Sorc, Rune & Alchemy Crafting Char
    Leonida Peterson (EU), Daggerfall, Kajiit Nightblade, Tank & main Crafter
    Kurga Peterson (EU), Ebonhart, Ork Dragonknight, Provision Mule
    Coldblood Peterson (EU) Argonian Templer, Daggerfall, Healer
    Incendia Peterson (EU), Dominion, Dunmer Dragonknight, fire DPS & healer
    Haldor Belendor (EU), Ebonhart, Breton Sorcerer, Tank
    Fuliminictus Peterson (EU), Ebonhart, Altmer Sorcerer, Electric DPS

Me babbling about PvE roles and Armor, Short Guide to Addon Programming (for Programmers)

If you think anything I or somebody else said violates the Rules of this Forum, you are free to flag my posts. Till I get any notifcaion from this, I just asume you know you have no case against me or Zenimax disagrees with you.