Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

How do i play this game now?

kirbus
kirbus
✭✭
anyone that went from shield bash figure anything out yet? I don't have the willpower to relearn how to play this game in VR6 zone, i have been trying everything to no avail.

since the nerf i have been sitting here like "how do i play this game..."

i feel like I have had everything taken away from me, and wish shield bash wasn't good to start with, then at least my time since early access would have been spent learning how to play the game in a way i could use today.

is there any hope that shield bash will be made viable at all? even when I'm trying another build my fingers go for the bash out of habit than there goes a chunk of stamina...

this is the first time i have stopped playing since the beginning, but i keep checking the forums every day for some kind of hope.

don't make me abandon a character i have worked hard completing every quest,dungeon,world boss, delve, public dungeon, maxed all crafting, slayer achievements, learned nearly every trait in black smithing and wood working, leveled most skills even ones i will never touch, and spent hours upon hours completing pointless other achievements just for the sake of completion. I cant start a new character now, and I'm not going to cry unsub, because i truly love ESO and I'm not ready to leave it yet.

what hope is there?
You can have it. I don't even like sweetrolls. <Crying on Inside>
...Yes, someone did steal my sweetroll.
  • jircris11
    jircris11
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Instead of abandoning your character just find a way your comfortable with playing and play that way. I had to change how i play due to all the NB bugs but it has not effected me. Not wanting to learn.try other styles of game play other then SBing things to death is quite sad, and it shows that they did something right in fixing it.
    IGN: Ki'rah
    Khajiit/Vampire
    DC/AD faction/NA server.
    RPer
  • Zepheric
    Zepheric
    ✭✭✭
    I agree with the above poster, I change the way my character operates slightly every 4 levels or so and this can even happen at the VR level. Best to just adjust and move on.
    Sanguine's Tester
  • kirbus
    kirbus
    ✭✭
    i do agree about fixing it, but i don't know where to go from here. simply finding a new way to play is not as easy as it sounds when i should have been learning to play since the beginning, but have been crippled and am basically starting from scratch in a VR 6 zone with 200+ skill points to reassign. its vary overwhelming. I have never had this problem in other MMOs because by the time I'm in high level areas i have learned to play the game. I have asked about builds and tried several, but nothing really works. I just don't know how to play the game anymore.
  • Zepheric
    Zepheric
    ✭✭✭
    Well lets start with your class?
    Sanguine's Tester
  • kirbus
    kirbus
    ✭✭
    DK
  • TRIP233
    TRIP233
    ✭✭✭
    kirbus wrote: »
    anyone that went from shield bash figure anything out yet? I don't have the willpower to relearn how to play this game in VR6 zone, i have been trying everything to no avail.

Shield charge. It stuns/knocks back the enemy, back up a little then do it again after they are no longer stunned or knocked back. Works great for a stun /knockback, and while they are on the ground just beat on them with a different ability. It's easy.
  • kirbus
    kirbus
    ✭✭
    TRIP233 wrote: »

Shield charge. It stuns/knocks back the enemy, back up a little then do it again after they are no longer stunned or knocked back. Works great for a stun /knockback, and while they are on the ground just beat on them with a different ability. It's easy.

would that be all stamina? how does it work against 3, when the other 2 can destroy you in a couple of seconds even with full heavy armor and boosting armor and spell resist?
  • Zepheric
    Zepheric
    ✭✭✭
    Here you go sir

Best Two-Handed DPS & Leveling ESO Dragonknight Build

While a Dragonknight can set up DPS builds around multiple weapons, my recommended build will focus on the two-handed weapon playstyle. It fits naturally with a tanking build and can easily be swapped between to allow the Dragonknight to go between tanking and DPS. Here are the recommended abilities:

Active Ability 1: Empowering Chains (Fiery Grip Morph): The purpose of this ability is to not only pull enemies to you while dealing a little bit of damage, but also to power up your next attack (Wrecking Blow) which deals big damage by default. Alternate: If you PvP a lot, you will want the Extended Chains morph. In this situation, replace this skill entirely with Searing Strike and its “Unstable Flame” morph. This does significant damage over time and is a great alternate opening skill. Found in the Ardent Flame skill tree.
    Active Ability 2: Wrecking Blow (Uppercut Morph): This is primary damage-dealing ability. Not only does it knock down your opponent, but it also does significant damage. Follow this up with a heavy regular attack (hold left click). Found in the Two-Handed skill tree.
    Active Ability 3: Rally (Momentum Morph): Buffs damage and provides a healing effect – the usefulness of this skill should be evident. It really shows when stacked with the attack bonuses provided by Empowering Chains and Wrecking Blow. Found in the Two-Handed skill tree.
    Active Ability 4: Molten Armaments (Molten Weapons Morph): Increases base weapon damage and increases critical chance strike by 30% for six seconds. This stacks well with Rally. Found in the Ardent Flame skill tree.
    Active Ability 5: Green Dragon Blood (Dragon Blood Morph): Green Dragon Blood not only provides you with a self heal that is great for soloing and leveling, but the stamina regeneration helps boost your DPS. Stamina is needed to fuel Wrecking Blow, Rally, and blocks, and weapon bashes. Found in the Draconic Power skill tree.
    Ultimate Ability: Corrosive Armor. While technically a tanking Ultimate, this comes in handy against enemies that hit hard. It is a very strong survival skill – I recommended adding it in even if you plan on doing DPS. It is especially useful for players leveling up and in PvP. Found in the Earthen Heart skill tree.

The strategy here is to use Rally and Molten Armaments as you are running up to pull an enemy. Use Empowering Chains to pull, then immediately go into Wrecking Blow. The Wrecking Blow will be buffed up by the three previous abilities. If your gear is decent, you literally do half of the health bar of similarly-leveled enemies. While the enemy is knocked down, follow up with a regular heavy attack (hold left click until the attack goes off). Wrecking Blow will buff this attack, as will Rally and Molten Armaments.

If the enemy is still alive, use Wrecking Blow and a regular heavy attack again. Refresh Rally as it falls off and keep up this cycle.
    http://www.esoguide.org/dragonknight-builds/
    Edited by Zepheric on May 26, 2014 5:44AM
    Sanguine's Tester
  • kirbus
    kirbus
    ✭✭
    I am in need of advise and vary thankful for all given. but ask that any be based around my main game play, questing. that means taking on at least 3 at a time, meaning 3 melee, 3 range, or any possible combination of combatants.
  • Zepheric
    Zepheric
    ✭✭✭
    Posted above^^
    Sanguine's Tester
  • kirbus
    kirbus
    ✭✭
    Zepheric wrote: »
    Here you go sir

Best Two-Handed DPS & Leveling ESO Dragonknight Build

While a Dragonknight can set up DPS builds around multiple weapons, my recommended build will focus on the two-handed weapon playstyle. It fits naturally with a tanking build and can easily be swapped between to allow the Dragonknight to go between tanking and DPS. Here are the recommended abilities:

Active Ability 1: Empowering Chains (Fiery Grip Morph): The purpose of this ability is to not only pull enemies to you while dealing a little bit of damage, but also to power up your next attack (Wrecking Blow) which deals big damage by default. Alternate: If you PvP a lot, you will want the Extended Chains morph. In this situation, replace this skill entirely with Searing Strike and its “Unstable Flame” morph. This does significant damage over time and is a great alternate opening skill. Found in the Ardent Flame skill tree.
    Active Ability 2: Wrecking Blow (Uppercut Morph): This is primary damage-dealing ability. Not only does it knock down your opponent, but it also does significant damage. Follow this up with a heavy regular attack (hold left click). Found in the Two-Handed skill tree.
    Active Ability 3: Rally (Momentum Morph): Buffs damage and provides a healing effect – the usefulness of this skill should be evident. It really shows when stacked with the attack bonuses provided by Empowering Chains and Wrecking Blow. Found in the Two-Handed skill tree.
    Active Ability 4: Molten Armaments (Molten Weapons Morph): Increases base weapon damage and increases critical chance strike by 30% for six seconds. This stacks well with Rally. Found in the Ardent Flame skill tree.
    Active Ability 5: Green Dragon Blood (Dragon Blood Morph): Green Dragon Blood not only provides you with a self heal that is great for soloing and leveling, but the stamina regeneration helps boost your DPS. Stamina is needed to fuel Wrecking Blow, Rally, and blocks, and weapon bashes. Found in the Draconic Power skill tree.
    Ultimate Ability: Corrosive Armor. While technically a tanking Ultimate, this comes in handy against enemies that hit hard. It is a very strong survival skill – I recommended adding it in even if you plan on doing DPS. It is especially useful for players leveling up and in PvP. Found in the Earthen Heart skill tree.

The strategy here is to use Rally and Molten Armaments as you are running up to pull an enemy. Use Empowering Chains to pull, then immediately go into Wrecking Blow. The Wrecking Blow will be buffed up by the three previous abilities. If your gear is decent, you literally do half of the health bar of similarly-leveled enemies. While the enemy is knocked down, follow up with a regular heavy attack (hold left click until the attack goes off). Wrecking Blow will buff this attack, as will Rally and Molten Armaments.

If the enemy is still alive, use Wrecking Blow and a regular heavy attack again. Refresh Rally as it falls off and keep up this cycle.
    http://www.esoguide.org/dragonknight-builds/

thanks for taking the time to get that. im doing a respec of everything again to try it, what would you recommend for S/H/M. i know it will be using stam/magic but green dragon also works best with more health. also how does this do against 2-3 enemies, will i be depleted after just one?
  • Zepheric
    Zepheric
    ✭✭✭
    Focus on stam and health, with a little more focus on health and sprinkle in some magica.

Think like

25/20/10

or however many points you have.
    Sanguine's Tester
  • kirbus
    kirbus
    ✭✭
    I could do 23 health, 19 stam, and 7 magica? only 49 points in game.
  • Shaun98ca2
    Shaun98ca2
    ✭✭✭✭✭

since the nerf i have been sitting here like "how do i play this game..."

i feel like I have had everything taken away from me, and wish shield bash wasn't good to start with, then at least my time since early access would have been spent learning how to play the game in a way i could use today.

is there any hope that shield bash will be made viable at all? even when I'm trying another build my fingers go for the bash out of habit than there goes a chunk of stamina...

this is the first time i have stopped playing since the beginning, but i keep checking the forums every day for some kind of hope.

don't make me abandon a character i have worked hard completing every quest,dungeon,world boss, delve, public dungeon, maxed all crafting, slayer achievements, learned nearly every trait in black smithing and wood working, leveled most skills even ones i will never touch, and spent hours upon hours completing pointless other achievements just for the sake of completion. I cant start a new character now, and I'm not going to cry unsub, because i truly love ESO and I'm not ready to leave it yet.

what hope is there?

Why don't you go to say a VR3 zone or something and test out a new build and learn it or simply take your current build and learn it.

FYI S&B is a tank heavy weapon set so you will probably be relying on your class skills more than anything but again its simply a learning experience.
  • Zepheric
    Zepheric
    ✭✭✭
    Yeah kirbus that looks good to me, if another experienced DK is around your input is welcome!
    Sanguine's Tester
  • kirbus
    kirbus
    ✭✭
    i really appreciate your input Zepheric. i wont be trying this out right away, as its 2 in the morning where I live, but I will let you know how it went. with any luck i can get back to playing :)
  • Skjlvald
    Skjlvald
    ✭✭✭
    It's one ability. Deal with it. I find it hard to believe you are such a horrid player that you can no longer play. How are the veteran ranked players that use a 2hander making it I wonder, since it doesn't have shield bash.
    Edited by Skjlvald on May 26, 2014 6:56AM
    Ulyn Andrano

VR3 Dark Elf Dragonknight

Ebonheart Pact
  • Zepheric
    Zepheric
    ✭✭✭
    Skjvald did you even read the conversation happening? He was trying to understand how to change his character in order to be effective because he had no idea how to.

You read the first post and skipped everything else, don't do that.
    Sanguine's Tester
  • Skjlvald
    Skjlvald
    ✭✭✭
    Well if spamming shield bash till something is dead is the only way he was effective, it matters little.
    Ulyn Andrano

VR3 Dark Elf Dragonknight

Ebonheart Pact
  • kirbus
    kirbus
    ✭✭
    actual i didn't just spam shield bash. i played a tank using puncture, razor armor, unmovable brute/flame wepon, talons, and green dragon blood. with shield bash as primary damage. after shield bash became useless as an attack i have had trouble moving to a suitable build and play style. i knew shield bash was OP but thought after nerf it would still be a viable play style. I though playing a tank and being able to buff armor and spell resistance coupled with heavy armor while standing your ground blocking and bashing/disrupting than heavy knock down was an intended play style. when I lose the focus of my entire game play since day 1 its a bit difficult to adapt.
  • jircris11
    jircris11
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Im glad you found a build that may work, I would offer mine but i went 2hander and S/B back up on my DK. even with 2handed i rely on my class skills. so im more HP/Magik build with only 4 points in stam.
    IGN: Ki'rah
    Khajiit/Vampire
    DC/AD faction/NA server.
    RPer
  • Turial
    Turial
    ✭✭✭
    You were not meant to complete the game using 2 buttons, i.e. shield bash. You are not asking to relearn here but more so asking how to play the game.
    "Neither a 'Borrower nor a Lender' be."
    Never Forget

I think you have not been on the internet long enough until you have been rick-rolled.
    Please check out Enchanting Alchemy - A Progression Guild
  • kirbus
    kirbus
    ✭✭
    this build seems to be working so far. I still don't know how it would do against 3 enemies yet and is hard against 2 with certain types. that being said i don't have rally unlocked yet. Ill need to level my 2H more. my only complaint is that in 2 days i will have researched every trait on swords and shields, but i have no trait on 2h yet, guess its time to start researching.
  • Ragefist
    Ragefist
    ✭✭✭✭
    anyone that went from shield bash figure anything out yet? I don't have the willpower to relearn how to play this game in VR6 zone

I feel sorry for you. Combat is one of best features in this game and you have no will to experience it without an exploit.

Anyway, I will give you some tips. Start off with stealth power attacks, no matter what armor or weapon you use. Mix mana and stamina abilities on your bar to use your characters full potential. Start engagements with some CC that would root or incapacitate some of the enemies.

You will mostly face packs of 3. Go for casters/ranged 1st (but make sure to block melee heavy attacks if they are not rooted). Using stealth attack and some burst skill, you should drop 1st enemy withing 2sec. Blocking and interruption, followed by you heavy attack goes long way

Aim for survival in your build. When choosing skills and their morphs, pick the ones that give you health backs or provide damage shield over leet damage skills