Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Very weird loading screen issue after patch (Video)

• c4bloyb16_ESO
    c4bloyb16_ESO
    ✭✭
    N/A

Edited by c4bloyb16_ESO on May 24, 2014 6:16AM
  • jnjapexb14_ESO
    jnjapexb14_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    Spamming 'R' to rez if you are dead seemed to get back to a wayshrine, I am thinking I should leave Deshann....
  • Dominoid
    Dominoid
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Reddit poster has a solution of spamming the "R" key during the flashes. It has worked for several people. Visual glitch aside, the theory is that your character is dead and that the "R" spam allows you to select revive at wayshrine.

After the spam, you may need to relog still though.

Can't hurt to try.
  • c4bloyb16_ESO
    c4bloyb16_ESO
    ✭✭
    N/A
    Edited by c4bloyb16_ESO on May 24, 2014 6:17AM
  • mobihci
    mobihci
    this looks like some sort of clipping problem. I noticed before this patch that some door/exits/entrances/ropes etc dont have correct clipping around them where you could fall through a level at them or even ctd if you didnt move forward directly after entering/exiting the spot.

after the patch, i logged into a character in auridon, and went to a bank, moved around a corner cheching cabinets and looked like i fell through the floor directly at the cabinet, then the screen flickered rapidly. i had to alt-tab to get the task manager and kill eso. it looked like a video problem to me, but is very much like these videos.

maybe they have tried to deal with the flying/underground bots by forcing clipping properly and failed at it?
  • shakaluma
    shakaluma
    Soul Shriven
    at least some of you can play,my game gets looped right before the character screen.i hope they fix this soon.
  • Jando
    Jando
    ✭✭✭✭
    Happening to me too...Same spot as many of the other people, zoning back into Dashaan. I'm at least glad to see i am not the only one. Hopefully ZoS has a fix soon!
    Dear ZoS - Sell us great content at a reasonable price. Stop the Grind!!
  • Jando
    Jando
    ✭✭✭✭
    They teleported me out to a safe place. Thank you Garcia @ ZoS customer support!!
    Dear ZoS - Sell us great content at a reasonable price. Stop the Grind!!
  • Notcerious
    Notcerious
    Soul Shriven
    This is crazy- they should roll back the patch until it's corrected!
  • AzureSkys
    AzureSkys
    Soul Shriven
    This just happened to me at leaving the same sewer level in Deshaan. First, though, I exited fine, then was looking at my journal and a few things. I was then going to log out but the Escape button stopped working, so while trying to figure out how to get to the main menu I started taking damage with the red border around the menu I was in.

I can log in to my other characters just fine.

Really frustrated...

edit:
    Finally got spamming Wayshire rez to work.

edit again:
    Well, was crossing a river and the same thing happened. No way to be killed so I submitted a ticket.

So frustrated!
    Edited by AzureSkys on May 24, 2014 6:01AM
  • limeli8
    limeli8
    ✭✭✭
    Had this happen to me in cyro, logged in on an alt and made a ticket asking to be moved. They moved me within 30 min its fixed it.
    I have to give a credit to AD pack of Vampires with VR10 Night Mistress leading them (seriously VR10 10 days after the official release?).

Night Mistress - v12 Former Empress Sorcerer AD
    Night Mistress II - v12 Night Blade AD
  • PocketNova
    PocketNova
    ✭✭✭✭
    I have now joined this club. My alt that Im trying to quickly lvl to vet rank is still in Deshaan because I havent finished the main storyline there yet. I hoped on my horse and began riding up a little hill heading back towards Mournhold to continue with a quest when suddenly the same thing in that video happens. Now my character is bloody stuck and there's nothing I can do about it. Ive sent in a support ticket and still havent heard anything.

Now I have no characters to play cause my main keeps crashing whenever I try and do Craglorn or pvp. Royally peeved.
    PC NA
    Master Angler
    Dressed as Wonder Woman
    Living in Hogwarts
  • ferzalrwb17_ESO
    ferzalrwb17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    limeli8 wrote: »
    Had this happen to me in cyro, logged in on an alt and made a ticket asking to be moved. They moved me within 30 min its fixed it.

They said they'd moved me but they hadn't (took them an hour and half to fail at that). Haven't heard anything back.

• Seravi
    Seravi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This happened to me as well leaving the sewers in Deshaan last night. Put a ticket in at 9:15PM. They replied and told me to set : SET FULLSCREEN_v5 to 1 that this bug is related to being full screen. I replied that this was already set to 1 as I am running windowed full screen. Within 15 minutes they moved my character and I could access my character again.
  • Con64
    Con64
    ✭✭✭
    I'm getting...micro freeze every 20 sec, duration 3-4 sec, in city's after patch release. This is an old bug brought back to haunt us :-(
    Also falling through world again going through doors.
    Load screen opening randomly approaching markets and other structures.
    Reintroducing bugs that were fixed prior to patch 1.1.2. is just ridiculous.
    So tired of this!
  • Bloodless
    Bloodless
    ✭✭
    same problem here reported it since yesterday (about 14 hours ago from the time of me posting this). I was in deshan I just finished collecting the last skyshard can add this problem to my thread of problems I am experiencing .
    http://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/discussion/comment/885992
  • Aci
    Aci
    ✭✭✭
    Con64 wrote: »
    I'm getting...micro freeze every 20 sec, duration 3-4 sec, in city's after patch release. This is an old bug brought back to haunt us :-(
    Also falling through world again going through doors.
    Load screen opening randomly approaching markets and other structures.
    Reintroducing bugs that were fixed prior to patch 1.1.2. is just ridiculous.
    So tired of this!

if you ever changed
    C:\Users\\Documents\Elder Scrolls Online\live\UserSettings.txt
    (texteditor)
    SET RequestedNumThreads "-1"
    to
    SET RequestedNumThreads "0"

to solve the freeze problem, you will notice the patch set it to -1 again.

instead of one parameter you`ll find two with similar names now:

SET RequestedNumJobThreads "-1"
    SET RequestedNumWorkerThreads "-1"

All I did was the following change

SET RequestedNumJobThreads "0"
    SET RequestedNumWorkerThreads "0"

It works for me.

• Sanspoof
    Sanspoof
    ✭✭✭
    Rogue78 wrote: »
    arzec wrote: »
    I am having this problem but even worse, when I log out of the game my screen is going nuts and the only thing that will fix it is the shut my PC down and restart it. I have an ATI card and I am going to try and uninstall and reinstall the drivers and see if it will fix the problem.

Hmm... This sounds familiar, apart from only having that issue when I close the game/log out. This happens to me frequently while playing. It is actually the graphicscard driver crashing. Though it never did this before with ESO AND works flawlessly in other games/applications. Furmark burntest resulted in no errors and a maxtemp of 70°C. I am running windowed fullscreen mode btw.

Oh and my beloved micro-freezes from the early access are back too!
    I'm having a similar problem since this last patch, ATI card as well. Happens suddenly while I'm playing, usually after about an hour or so after first logging in. I don't get any other graphical glitches or artifacts prior to my screen going haywire nor is my card overheating. Happens both in fullscreen and windowed fullscreen mode. Don't have any addons atm or graphic enhancers.

• Azinurn
    Azinurn
    ye able to play 30 - minutes and then the loading screen hits
    and only work around so far has been restart the game
    but im starting to get fed up whit constant reload ui:s kill the client and restart stuff.
  • xybrk
    xybrk
    Soul Shriven
    Stuck in Cyrodiil armoury :/@xybrk
  • Kraen
    Kraen
    ✭✭✭
    I am stucked as well. My account id is @Kraen.

Please, help!
    Finneas of Baby Face Bananas
    Free to Play? No, thx.
  • tinythinker
    tinythinker
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Slash8915 wrote: »
    Windowed fullscreen has the same issue.

Yes it does, wasn't happening Thursday or Friday after installing the update but now I am locked out of a character who was in Deshaan. The character didn't die so spamming R doesn't seem to be an option. Even if I get moved by a GM not sure what is to stop this the next time I have to go into a loading screen in that zone. Strange that the video uploaded is the same zone. Oh well. Hope it gets fixed soon for those looking forward to playing time over the weekend.

Edit: There are posts from moderators here in this very thread and in a related thread stating that the problem has been acknowledged and indentified and that a fix is in the works, FYI. For those coming in late who may have missed it.
    Edited by tinythinker on May 24, 2014 12:00PM
    Experienced, new, returner? Help keep ESO's community strong ᕙ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ᕗ -- share what you love about the game, offer constructive feedback, and make friends.ʕ·ᴥ·ʔ

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

Who are you in Tamriel (whether it's just your character's attitude & style or a full backstory)? - Share your Character's Story! ◔ ⌣ ◔
    (And let us know 🔷What Kind of Roleplayer You Are🔷 - even if that only extends to choosing your race)

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

Support Mudcrab Mode for ESO (\/)!_!(\/) - part joke, part serious, all glorious! You butter be ready for this
  • Sadcat
    Sadcat
    Soul Shriven
    I am stuck in Cyrodil armory door for a second day. I fully expect an e-mail saying "your character Sadcat has been permanantly abducted by Molag Bal." However, We are escalting your your ticket because your next sub payment is due soon!
  • Reiynn
    Reiynn
    ✭✭
    I am getting the exact same loading screen as OP. Also in deshaan. I was just walking along, got attacked by a kagouti then bam. Looping load screen.
  • Kraen
    Kraen
    ✭✭✭
    Sadcat wrote: »
    I am stuck in Cyrodil armory door for a second day. I fully expect an e-mail saying "your character Sadcat has been permanantly abducted by Molag Bal." However, We are escalting your your ticket because your next sub payment is due soon!

Exact same problem.
    Finneas of Baby Face Bananas
    Free to Play? No, thx.
  • c0rp
    c0rp
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    arzec wrote: »
    I am having this problem but even worse, when I log out of the game my screen is going nuts and the only thing that will fix it is the shut my PC down and restart it. I have an ATI card and I am going to try and uninstall and reinstall the drivers and see if it will fix the problem.

OMG I have this same exact issue. I use AMD R9 card, windows 7, i7. My loading screens while Im playing are also tearing and flickering too. But when Im in game everything is fine. What is causing this? Happens in full screen mode, and windowed mode.

To clarify, Im not experiencing the "text" issue as shown above..just a graphical issue with screen tearing and flickering during loading screens, and when I exit ESO my desktop is all jacked up with screen tears and flickers with the only resolution a PC restart.

This never happened before the patch.

Edited by c0rp on May 24, 2014 1:38PM
    Force weapon swap to have priority over EVERYTHING. Close enough.
    Make stamina builds even with magicka builds.
    Disable abilities while holding block.
    Give us a REASON to do dungeons more than once.
    Remove PVP AoE CAP. It is ruining Cyrodiil.
    Fix/Remove Forward Camps. They are ruining Cyrodiil.
    Impenetrability needs to REDUCE CRIT DAMAGE. Not negate entire builds.
    Werewolf is not equal to Vamps/Bats.
  • Sadcat
    Sadcat
    Soul Shriven
    A public "THANK YOU!" to Hakan. He responded to my e-mail, moved my toon to a wayshrine and I am back at it.
  • Leston
    Leston
    Soul Shriven
    Just sharing a solution that worked for me, maybe it can help for some to get out of the glitching before a mod can help you.

I had the problem at Mournhold borders. I got out of it by switching to Windowed mode and pressing "R" repeatably on the normal load screen when logging on. I revived at the wayshrine free of glitching, I was killed/death so R revived me.

Pressing R in Fullscreen or Windowed Fullscreen did not work. Maybe /stuck or something may work as well in Windowed or low graphics mode.
  • Reiynn
    Reiynn
    ✭✭
    I logged a report and CS suggested restarting my PC rather than just quitting the program. Despite the "have you tried turning it off and on again approach" it worked!
  • meghuskoow
    I have this issue and found on reddit that some one escaped the error by spamming respawn after dying in game. While the flashing loading is happening you can still move some at first. Sofar it seems to happen after leaving the sewers in Deshaan. I have not had success yet on the respawn, but i am going to try this when i get home. I hope every one is submiting tickets on it, i created a new character to do it but it may help those that get this issue after us.