Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Re-charging Enchants

gwillard_ESO
gwillard_ESO
✭✭
How do you tell when an enchant needs to be recharged?
  • Tobiz
    Tobiz
    ✭✭✭
    Only applicable on weapons. They are the only ones that need recharging. The bar is blue when full, and slowly degrades as a backwards progressbar to black/gray ish.
    Attention Zenimax: Stamina builds don't hold up to magicka builds, and this is causing most of your class imbalance. It makes melee weapons and bows weaker than staves and class abilities. It makes medium and heavy armor less desirable than light armor. Fix this imbalance, and you'll address most of your balance issues.
  • Tobiz
    Tobiz
    ✭✭✭
    ofcource it only applies if you have a weapon with an enchant on the weapon...
    Attention Zenimax: Stamina builds don't hold up to magicka builds, and this is causing most of your class imbalance. It makes melee weapons and bows weaker than staves and class abilities. It makes medium and heavy armor less desirable than light armor. Fix this imbalance, and you'll address most of your balance issues.
  • agegarton
    agegarton
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    You can right click a weapon, and select "charge" from the menu. You'll be presented with a window showing current charge. From here, You can select Soul Gems from your inventory - you can see (before you commit) which gem has what impact on your charge. For example, a Common Soul Gem will max the charge on a level 30 weapon. A Lesser Soul Gem improves charge, but on its own won't max out the charge - you might need two gems for that.

A weapon doesn't need a full charge. Some charge remaining is all.

Only charged, or full, soul gems, obviously.......
  • Coggage
    Coggage
    ✭✭✭✭
    There's a nice little addon that pops up a small window when weapon charges run out. A button on it can be clicked and it opens the recharge window. Handy for people like me who never remember to check!

http://www.esoui.com/downloads/info90-WeaponChargeAlert.html
  • Merlin13KAGL
    Merlin13KAGL
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    You can still use those lower level soul gems to charge, too...

Even though they say for weapon level xx-yy, you can use soul gems lower than that...you just won't get a full charge out of it. (Seems to take about 5 lower level gems to equal 1 correct level gem)

It's not viable mid-fight, but when you're meandering the countryside and you still have 70 of them, beats letting them collect dust in the bank.

Also, be careful not to use a gem that is too high (easy to do when you roll over levels in multiples of 10)... It will happily consume an overpowered gem just the same.
    Just because you don't like the way something is doesn't necessarily make it wrong...

Earn it.

IRL'ing for a while for assorted reasons, in forum, and in game.
    I am neither warm, nor fuzzy...
    Probably has checkbox on Customer Service profile that say High Aggro, 99% immunity to BS
  • AreoHotah
    AreoHotah
    ✭✭✭✭
    There is an add on that notify you when you need to recharge
    Hota'h, Dual-wield/bow full medium armor NB Khajiit from day 1.

https://imageshack.com/i/p2rF313Qj/b]
  • KariTR
    KariTR
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Man, why do people need add-ons. If it isn't obvious that the enchantment has dilapidated to nil, then no need to recharge.
  • angel59
    angel59
    ✭✭✭
    I check before I go into any dungeon. If it is low, I will recharge. I sont like to have it fully discharge in the middle of a major fight. Bad enough with armor decay. Dont need a gimped weapon.