Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Very weird loading screen issue after patch (Video)

• I13I
    I13I
    Soul Shriven
    same problem here.. quess im done questing for today >.<
    life is a grave... dig it!
  • Rogue78
    Rogue78
    ✭✭✭
    arzec wrote: »
    I am having this problem but even worse, when I log out of the game my screen is going nuts and the only thing that will fix it is the shut my PC down and restart it. I have an ATI card and I am going to try and uninstall and reinstall the drivers and see if it will fix the problem.

Hmm... This sounds familiar, apart from only having that issue when I close the game/log out. This happens to me frequently while playing. It is actually the graphicscard driver crashing. Though it never did this before with ESO AND works flawlessly in other games/applications. Furmark burntest resulted in no errors and a maxtemp of 70°C. I am running windowed fullscreen mode btw.

Oh and my beloved micro-freezes from the early access are back too!
    Omnia Vincit
    Dro-m'Athra Destroyer
  • walterb16_ESO3
    walterb16_ESO3
    Soul Shriven
    Got the same problem after entering the armory in Cyrodiil. Other chars load fine... for now.
  • cheghatb16_ESO
    cheghatb16_ESO
    Soul Shriven
    Got the same problem after entering the armory in Cyrodiil.

my ID:@ladryell en character is Ladriëll Doucelunedemiel
  • BigM
    BigM
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Just running to crafting area in Skywatch and the loading screen would pop up then do what videos show. Also at times when riding horse you see the loading screen for like 2 seconds then back to game. Something is messed up after this patch. I will test the window fullscreen and see if it stops.
    “The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge.”
    ― Stephen Hawking
  • BENJARVISFTW
    BENJARVISFTW
    Soul Shriven
    Haha well I sent both an in-game petition and a help email as the in game petition was taking more than 12 hours. I sent:
    My character is stuck at a weird refreshing loading screen and has been for around 12 hours. I submitted an in-game request.. but it has been a while. All I want is for you to kill me (I'll happily eat the repair costs) or move me somewhere outside of Cyrodiil. My mains name is Adosi Darano the v6 Nightblade on my account. I will be on an alt in the meantime. Thanks.

@BENJARVISFTW‌

They responded with a copy paste quota boosting reply:
    Greetings Ben,
    I believe Molag Bal might have a hand in this. He must be trying to delay your travels.
    Keep in mind that if your graphics settings are too high, the area around you can take time loading and cause you to fall through stairs, bridges, and the world in general.
    Please consider lowering your game settings to avoid repeating this issue.
    Here are some tips that may prove useful should the matter arise again:
    Open your map by pressing [M] and teleport yourself to a Wayshrine.
    Type /reloadui, this should disenchant the area around you.
    Type /stuck to be moved to a Wayshrine.
    Please keep in mind this will cause your items to take damage so in order to avoid damaging your gear, please remove all equipped gear before attempting this step.
    Teleport to a friend via the Contact list [O]. You can do this by right clicking on their name.
    Should all else fail, you must do a soft reset. To perform a soft reset you must log out to your desktop, exit the ESO Launcher, and wait for 15 minutes before logging back in.
    Should you remain in Molag Bal's clutches, respond to this email and we shall send some magical support.

Thank you for your patience and dedication! We are more than dedicated to improve your Elder Scrolls Online experiences

Warm Regards,
    Rhonda
    The Elder Scrolls Online Team
  • Njorl
    Njorl
    Got the same issue in Deshaan, just walking around in the world killing mobs - suddenly as I entered a certain area I got the loading screen and now the character is stuck.

Maybe it's a phasing issue? Seems like it happens upon entering certain areas in the world, game tries to reload the zone over and over again, as if something was incorrectly triggering the reload. The reload happens, but since the character is still standing on the trigger, it's repeated again and again in an endless loop.

ID: @Njorl, EU server, Character: Lut
  • Datagram
    Datagram
    Soul Shriven
    So.. someone got a fast solution or we have to go to bed early today?
  • coplannb16_ESO
    coplannb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭
    Slash8915 wrote: »
    I am having the same issue, left a sewer quest area in Deshaan and was hit with this bug. I had changed my video settings from dedicated full screen to windowed full screen before this happened.

Yep, that's the quest I was doing. I left the sewers and was hit with this.

Same. Left the sewers and now cannot play my NB anymore. :(
    max level: mDK, stamBlade, stamSorc, magPlar, mDen, stamDen, magBlade, stamCro
    ESO+
    # of mules: 4 (FULL)
    maxed bank: FULL -_-
    Stop the grind! Get rid of stupid events and daily-quest gallore. Get rid of "have a chance of 1 in a million to get a piece of 1 in 30 to get a stupid motif or pet... wtf..."
    And at this point just remove all classes and have everyone choose their set of skills. then balance accordingly to skills always used vs. skills never used.
  • GossiTheDog
    GossiTheDog
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Datagram wrote: »

If something kills you (while sat at loading screen) spam R key to respawn.

It's a client side bug by the looks of it, so fix to stop it recurring may be some time away. Like a week or two.
  • Datagram
    Datagram
    Soul Shriven
    Datagram wrote: »

If something kills you (while sat at loading screen) spam R key to respawn.

It's a client side bug by the looks of it, so fix to stop it recurring may be some time away. Like a week or two.

Thx for the tip, just press E instead of R! and ask for a friend to lure some mobs on you.

• Arcanaan
    Arcanaan
    Soul Shriven
    @Arcanaan, stuck in cyrodiil tavern
  • Rocco
    Rocco
    @ZOS_GinaBruno if you know the problem....why are you waiting? people are unable to login!
    Guild UMBRA
    Grossberger - V10 DK
    Tomb Stone - V2 NB
  • GossiTheDog
    GossiTheDog
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Rocco wrote: »
    @ZOS_GinaBruno if you know the problem....why are you waiting? people are unable to login!

Knowing about a problem and being able to fix it are two different issues.

If you are stuck in Cyrodiil, log a support call and ask to be teleported out.
  • Moon-and-Star
    Moon-and-Star
    ✭✭
    Hey guys! We're aware that this is happening, and are working on pinpointing the issue. Can you let us know exactly where you were when this happened, and your UserID? Thanks!

I was wandering in Mornhold. just finished a quest and when to leave the town. was swimming in water when it changed to that. my name is @eurydiceshadowcry.
  • Rocco
    Rocco

i was going to go with a sarcastic comment, but that would of been pointless so i'm going to say this, i have reported the issue this morning (BST, Not EST) i have done everything possible other than recode the damn thing myself... i would love for them to just move my toon, but i can't get a response to my reports via email. so i have to come here!
    Guild UMBRA
    Grossberger - V10 DK
    Tomb Stone - V2 NB
  • GossiTheDog
    GossiTheDog
    ✭✭✭✭✭

i was going to go with a sarcastic comment, but that would of been pointless so i'm going to say this, i have reported the issue this morning (BST, Not EST) i have done everything possible other than recode the damn thing myself... i would love for them to just move my toon, but i can't get a response to my reports via email. so i have to come here!

Okay.. Well, you have to wait. How did you report it, out of interest?
  • Rocco
    Rocco

had to report via the support in the main page
    Guild UMBRA
    Grossberger - V10 DK
    Tomb Stone - V2 NB
  • GossiTheDog
    GossiTheDog
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Okay, that should work. Did you get any email reply at all? Maybe you typed your address or they're going to spam?
  • Rocco
    Rocco

Okay, that should work. Did you get any email reply at all? Maybe you typed your address or they're going to spam?

No response at all, nothing in any spam or junk folders. seems i can't even get a response here either. and in 20 mins it will be 48 hours without being able to login...sigh
    Guild UMBRA
    Grossberger - V10 DK
    Tomb Stone - V2 NB
  • GossiTheDog
    GossiTheDog
    ✭✭✭✭✭

No response at all, nothing in any spam or junk folders. seems i can't even get a response here either. and in 20 mins it will be 48 hours without being able to login...sigh

48 hours? This patch hasn't been out 48 hours yet?
  • Rocco
    Rocco

48 hours? This patch hasn't been out 48 hours yet?

I know that...my time zone plus maintenance plus horrible download speed (pretty sure it wasn't on my side as i had friends that got a max of 19kb download, myself had 500kb) equals a really bad day, this makes 2.
    Guild UMBRA
    Grossberger - V10 DK
    Tomb Stone - V2 NB
  • Elki_Wilderglas
    Adding my name to the load screen waiting list. In addition I'm now getting multiple crashes, in particular if I attempt to alt tab out of the game. This has only happened since the Craglorn update.
    Add a dab of lavender to milk. Leave town with an orange and pretend you're laughing at it.
  • hammer_fella
    hammer_fella
    ✭✭✭
    Finally managed to kill myself. Won't be visiting Deshaan any time soon.
    Aldmeri Dominion (NA)
    Ferawen - VR14 Bosmer Nightblade
    Quvalwe - VR2 Altmer Sorcerer
    Daggerfall Covenant
    Belwurz gro-Yungash - Lvl 35 Orc Dragonknight
    Ebonheart Pact
    Dutseiwitsei - Lvl 27 Argonian Templar
  • RAZORNZL
    RAZORNZL
    ✭✭
    was having the same problem.simply e mail them and they will move you.the key is not to be rude and abuse them.or i wouldnt blame them for not even writing back
  • BENJARVISFTW
    BENJARVISFTW
    Soul Shriven
    Just hit the 24 hour mark. No response from my in-game petition and only one unhelpful response from the email system that hasn't been responded to yet. Any updates?

I also just re-installed the game. No change. I wonder if they setup RNT to prioritize certain categories of ticket types. I know in EverQuest when we got a "GM HEPL IM STUCK!" ticket RNT was set to put those tickets in our queue first because they were the most hindering to gameplay and were the easiest to fix.
    Edited by BENJARVISFTW on May 23, 2014 11:51PM
  • CosmicChaos
    CosmicChaos
    ✭✭✭
    RAZORNZL wrote: »
    was having the same problem.simply e mail them and they will move you.the key is not to be rude and abuse them.or i wouldnt blame them for not even writing back

While this is a good theory not everyone has had the same experience when emailing them. It's been just over 25hrs since I emailed them a detailed report of what happened along with a link to the video I captured of my attempt to load in my main. I love the Elder Scrolls games, but I reach my limit on patience. So I have went back to running level 4s on EVE until they fix it. Because waiting for them to move my toon is a long wait for a train that don't come. And I did send them a follow up email more than 12 hours later asking why I couldn't get my character moved to at least allow me to load in for now. Mainly cause I wanted to feed my horse. >.<
  • Njorl
    Njorl
    Posting this here as I think it might help someone.

I had the same issue, in Deshaan. Tried everything (deleting addons, resetting options, changing video to low) - nothing helped. Contacted support, described the issue, asked for my character to be moved somewhere else.

They tried to move me three times, but the issue was still there.

I noticed that for a split-second just after the game screen loads, I can see my character in the world and can use my skills. The same happens if the game is in true fullscreen mode (not windowed) and you alt-tab - when you get back to the game, you see the screen for a second and then it goes back to the endless loading screen loop.

What I did is I used an AOE ability to attack a nearby mob. It killed me, and I chose to revive at wayshrine. This took several attempts of alt-tabbing and mashing keys, but it worked. The loading screen problem was still there, but my character was somewhere else in the zone.

I closed the game and logged in again - and now the issue was gone. All it took was to die somehow in the game and spawn at the wayshrine, then relog.

Until they fix this I recommend asking GM to kill your character, do it yourself the way I described above, or ask some friends to locate your character and kite some mobs to you so they can kill you - it should fix the problem.

Also - there should be a sticky topic somewhere that tells everyone to avoid Deshaan until the issue is resolved, it's way too easy to get caught by this!

• jnjapexb14_ESO
    jnjapexb14_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    Wow, I just got this bug as well. Also in Deeshan although I wasn't doing anything special. I logged out for dinner near a wayshrine, the one near the main city. When I logged back in later I had some invisible mob attacking me, once I died it got into the 'loading' loop shown in the video.
    I will try the spam 'r' button as I did see it flash once when I tried to login
    @‌ NA server
  • c4bloyb16_ESO
    c4bloyb16_ESO
    ✭✭
    N/A
    Edited by c4bloyb16_ESO on May 24, 2014 6:16AM