The issue is resolved, and the North American PC/Mac megaserver is now available. Thank you for your patience!
Maintenance for the week of April 15:
• [EXTENDED] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – April 16, 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)

Unknown Error - Game crash following patch

Wozzmatic
Wozzmatic
Hi there,

I have been playing the game fine up until today when I encountered the following problem:

I can login and start playing. Within a few minutes of my login I can still move around but any other action is unresponsive (crouch, activate item, chat etc). I can still see other players moving and view chat but cannot do much of anything in game except move. I cannot use any attacks.

Sometimes I will get 5 minutes gameplay before this occurs but rarely.

Following this I will inevitably crash to the login screen having been logged out and will receive the message "An unknown error has occurred".

Thus far I have patched my router firmware, updated my network drivers and opened up the appropriate ports on my router for ESO. None of this has worked.

Your advice welcome as, at present, I am unable to play.
  • KriHavok
    KriHavok
    ✭✭✭✭
    This happens a lot for me in Cyrodiil.
    UESP Staffer & Wiki Editor
  • Wozzmatic
    Wozzmatic
    Yeah thats where I am playing - I mostly pvp in mmo's though so not that fussed about playing anywhere else. Have you found a work around for it?