Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Recommendation in response to the latest Patch

Poeskas
Poeskas
Soul Shriven
So.. alot of people dislike this current patch for different reasons, and I ask: could this have been avoided if the changes were discussed with the community at length, prior to being implemented??

For future patches, perhaps you should discuss the changes with us in advance? Maybe repeal some of the wildly unpopular changes from 1.1.2 ??

Just a thought..
Edited by Poeskas on May 23, 2014 5:11PM
  • nerevarine1138
    nerevarine1138
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No, it could not have been avoided. The "community" on the forums that rages at every little tweak would still be raging, regardless of how much communication we had about the incoming changes (we had plenty).
    ----
    Murray?
  • DisIzMe
    DisIzMe
    Soul Shriven
    As far as i understand from dev response the change to VR mobs was not intended.
    But if the idea of making previously soloable content into group only one from now on was being discussed prior to being implemented, the reaction would be even worse. imo.
  • Sihnfahl
    Sihnfahl
    ✭✭✭✭
    The main complaint of the patch was an unintended change, which means no amount of discussion could have prevented it.
  • Turelus
    Turelus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think this community has proven it's too immature and entitled to handle mature discussions and debates about mechanics with the developers.
    @Turelus - EU PC Megaserver
    "Don't count on others for help. In the end each of us is in this alone. The survivors are those who know how to look out for themselves."
  • hk11
    hk11
    ✭✭✭✭
    I think you will see a similar reaction in the near future. Last night the starting area was full to brimming with sorcerers. When they catch the bat next we will see more outrage.

NB will be buffed so then everyone will roll NB, who will then take the bat.

With everyone nerfed, Templars will be stepping up to the plate.
  • Hiddenbunny
    the main complaint of the patch is the lack of QA, no discussion should even be needed. They should do their job.
    Edited by Hiddenbunny on May 23, 2014 5:21PM
  • MrBeatDown
    MrBeatDown
    ✭✭✭✭
    Its time for Zenimax to level the playing field and make all dps cap at 200. That's the only fair way to play this game after this patch.
  • Regoras
    Regoras
    ✭✭✭
    Having a couple guilds in the private test server with no apparent software development or quality assurance experience for your testing team might also be a problem.
  • Sihnfahl
    Sihnfahl
    ✭✭✭✭
    Having a couple guilds in the private test server with no apparent software development or quality assurance experience for your testing team might also be a problem.
    Or the ones who were just out to find the exploits and power to VR10 within a week.