Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Very weird loading screen issue after patch (Video)

• Eclipsewolf
    Eclipsewolf
    ✭✭
    I can confirm what @Slash8915 did with spamming the "r" button while the load screen was going if you died after exiting the area. It ported me to the nearest shrine and I can play again.
  • Treachery
    Treachery
    ✭✭
    Here is what is happening with mine and a little background as to what I did to try and fix it. When you load the game I experience tearing and graphical issues not just with the game but my whole system. If I exit out of the ESO Launcher my Windows continues experiencing the problem. Tearing and jagged graphics. A reboot fixes the problem every time. I am running 2x AMD 270x with the latest 14.4 drivers. I have disabled CrossFire including removing the bridge to see if that would help and it has not. I have disabled all addons and I get the same thing. A repair of the game through the launcher did not resolve the issue. If you are able to get past the character screen while it is jumping around, once you are in-game everything is fine. I was able to play, achievements, VR combat difficulty, and loot distance (just some of the issues I noticed that others have commented on) notwithstanding. I did change from Fullscreen to Windowed Full Screen and once again it is the same issue.

Once again, this is not a system issue as everything, including Wolfenstein: New Order work fine. This is an issue that only occurs when launching ESO. If anyone at ESO needs a dxdiag or log file let me know, I'd be glad to help.

Cheers,
    Treachery - The Ebonheart Market
  • Wodwo
    Wodwo
    ✭✭✭
    I have had exactly the same issue in exactly the same circumstances, on Deshaan I died near a wayshrine and it did that. Please fix ZOS! In the meantime does anyone know of a possible hotfix? Thanks!
  • jzholloway
    jzholloway
    ✭✭✭
    Same problem here, again, Deshann after the sewer quest... Before this problem I had issues with not being able to use my escape key to do anything as well as not being able to use my skill point or destroy items
    PC/NA
  • jzholloway
    jzholloway
    ✭✭✭
    anybody had any luck?
    PC/NA
  • Moon-and-Star
    Moon-and-Star
    ✭✭
    I am having this same problem in Deshann. :(
  • jzholloway
    jzholloway
    ✭✭✭
    Slash8915 wrote: »
    I am having the same issue, left a sewer quest area in Deshaan and was hit with this bug. I had changed my video settings from dedicated full screen to windowed full screen before this happened.

Yep, that's the quest I was doing. I left the sewers and was hit with this.

Same quest, same problem
    PC/NA
  • hammer_fella
    hammer_fella
    ✭✭✭
    I am having this problem in Deshaan. Most times the UI has been completely inaccessible. On my most recent try I was just able to get out of the loading screen for a second, but everything was extremely laggy, so I was having trouble typing /reloadui into the chat correctly. It reverted to the load screen before I could finish typing.
    Aldmeri Dominion (NA)
    Ferawen - VR14 Bosmer Nightblade
    Quvalwe - VR2 Altmer Sorcerer
    Daggerfall Covenant
    Belwurz gro-Yungash - Lvl 35 Orc Dragonknight
    Ebonheart Pact
    Dutseiwitsei - Lvl 27 Argonian Templar
  • jzholloway
    jzholloway
    ✭✭✭
    It's obvious a lot of us are having this problem.. it would be nice if Bethesda or Zenimax would acknowledge this
    PC/NA
  • Slash8915
    Slash8915
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    jzholloway wrote: »
    It's obvious a lot of us are having this problem.. it would be nice if Bethesda or Zenimax would acknowledge this

They are probably busy acknowledging some of the other several issues I've encountered since this patch... They really dropped the ball on this one.
    VR12 Templar Tank
    VR6 Dragonknight DPS
    VR3 Templar Healer
  • jzholloway
    jzholloway
    ✭✭✭

They are probably busy acknowledging some of the other several issues I've encountered since this patch... They really dropped the ball on this one.

I agree, sad
    PC/NA
  • jzholloway
    jzholloway
    ✭✭✭
    @slash8915 have you had any luck? I don't seem to be in a spot where I am going to die to try to spam the r button
    Edited by jzholloway on May 23, 2014 1:07AM
    PC/NA
  • Slash8915
    Slash8915
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @slash89 have you had any luck? I don't seem to be in a spot where I am going to die to try to spam the r button

I was lucky, and died. So I was able to respawn. If you're not going to die, then your only choice is to email ZoS about it and hope they can port you out within a reasonable time frame.
    VR12 Templar Tank
    VR6 Dragonknight DPS
    VR3 Templar Healer
  • jzholloway
    jzholloway
    ✭✭✭
    @slash8195 have you had any luck? I don't seem to be in a spot where I am going to die to try to spam the r button
    PC/NA
  • jzholloway
    jzholloway
    ✭✭✭
    yay I died!!! (never thought I'd say that...)
    PC/NA
  • hammer_fella
    hammer_fella
    ✭✭✭
    CS has yet to say anything further about this since first talking to them some hours ago. It's getting quite frustrating now.
    Aldmeri Dominion (NA)
    Ferawen - VR14 Bosmer Nightblade
    Quvalwe - VR2 Altmer Sorcerer
    Daggerfall Covenant
    Belwurz gro-Yungash - Lvl 35 Orc Dragonknight
    Ebonheart Pact
    Dutseiwitsei - Lvl 27 Argonian Templar
  • brainstewed1
    lol can't even get into game launcher doesn't work :/
  • Bullgar
    Bullgar
    ✭✭
    Having the same exact issue. Except that I was in Cyrodil and zoned into a house. And that's where I'm stuck...zoning into the house in Cyrodil. I can log into my other characters just fine. It's only that one character. I submitted a ticket. They told me to change graphics settings lower and try that. Did with no result. Next they said uninstall and reinstall. Did that with no result. Now I'm just waiting for their next communication.
    Bullgar, Orc Templar - DC
    Boglar, Imperial Templar - DC
    Paja Blackmane, Khajit NB - DC
    Bullgara, High Elf DK - DC
    Bull-gar, High Elf Warden - DC
  • CosmicChaos
    CosmicChaos
    ✭✭✭
    This happened to me when I was just riding across Deeshan so no one is really safe from this issue. I emailed them shortly after so about 4-5 hours ago and the only info I have received is them saying they are looking into it. I understand issues popping up, but this does seem like it should have showed at some point during all that "testing" they did.
    Edited by CosmicChaos on May 23, 2014 2:09AM
  • Skylias
    Skylias
    Yep. I am here too. Stuck with this crazy loading screen.

Round two for my main being unplayable. :neutral_face:
    ~Skylias~
    Devoted Rangeress of Elderblade
  • Dracona
    Dracona
    Soul Shriven
    @slash89 have you had any luck? I don't seem to be in a spot where I am going to die to try to spam the r button

I was lucky, and died. So I was able to respawn. If you're not going to die, then your only choice is to email ZoS about it and hope they can port you out within a reasonable time frame.

Had identical happen to me and was able to get out of it with the death/spam res at wayshrine. Thanks for the tip
  • Felmaul
    Felmaul
    Soul Shriven
    Ditto everyone said above: Deshaan, came out of sewers, stuck at infinit loading screen with oh so helpful loading tips spamming across the screen.

The only difference is that I wasn't so lucky as to die so there is no work around to get out of this currently.
  • Moon-and-Star
    Moon-and-Star
    ✭✭
    Kept trying to log in and out and on the third time it actually loaded me in and I teleported away.
  • gmmerrill
    gmmerrill
    Soul Shriven
    I actually had this happen in Cyrodiil when zoning thru a door into a building. Now I get a nice loop of help tips. Wish one of them told me how to fix this issue.
  • Mackeh
    Mackeh
    ✭✭
    I didn't know whether to laugh or /facedesk when I saw the video. Seriously .. is this stuff even tested thoroughly before hitting the live servers?
  • GossiTheDog
    GossiTheDog
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    We'll see if EU gets this bug shortly.
  • Iago
    Iago
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Don't they test these patches before releasing them?
    That which we obtain to cheap we esteem to lightly, it is dearness only that gives everything its value.

-Thomas Pain

• Ruckus
    Ruckus
    Soul Shriven
    Same problem...plus intermittent client crashes
  • BENJARVISFTW
    BENJARVISFTW
    Soul Shriven
    Affecting me as well. The video was a perfect depiction of whats going on with my client currently. Can't play my newly fixed Nightblade now.

Tried the above "fix" and it was still a no go. Unfortunately it looks like time is the only thing that will fix this, time I am paying for...

Also tried removing my addons from the AddOns folder, nothing. I assumed add-ons weren't the issue as I can play my other character just fine.

Just submitted a ticket from one of my other characters, let's see if I get a copy paste quota boosting reply this time.
    Edited by BENJARVISFTW on May 23, 2014 9:41AM
  • GossiTheDog
    GossiTheDog
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    For anybody else caught on this issue, you need to log a support ticket and ask to be teleported somewhere else.