Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [IN PROGRESS] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Please do maintenance 2 hours earlier if possible? (who's with me?)

Mountain_Dewed
Mountain_Dewed
✭✭✭
I really do appreciate the hard work Zenimax and company does with the maintenance and all other areas of the game. I understand you all have very tight, hard working hours to schedule but would it be possible to start maintenance 2-3 hours sooner?

I am at home with a back injury and wake up at 7 am to get my sister(took me in for my injury) coffee and breakfast to get her going for work(little something I do for her for helping me out :-)) So I like to play after she leaves but maintenance is just starting and there is no way for me to get back to sleep, even with the meds they gave me.

Anyway, I know this may not be possible but if it is, I'm sure we all would thank you to do so and have a great time developing new ideas for us to play with!
Edited by Mountain_Dewed on May 22, 2014 4:34PM
  • nerevarine1138
    nerevarine1138
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No. They already schedule maintenance at optimal times. Your odd schedule does not warrant a change for everyone.
    ----
    Murray?
  • otis67
    otis67
    ✭✭✭
    Dude this must be a joke. No I am not with you. Leave the time where it is. The rest of the world does not revolve around you.
  • Mountain_Dewed
    Mountain_Dewed
    ✭✭✭
    Yes, It is not "odd" hours, I am pretty sure 90% of america gets up in the morning and I made it clear that it's not just "me" but apparently "you" feel like it is about "you" having some power to say so. Anyway...
  • nerevarine1138
    nerevarine1138
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes, It is not "odd" hours, I am pretty sure 90% of america gets up in the morning and I made it clear that it's not just "me" but apparently "you" feel like it is about "you" having some power to say so. Anyway...

I'm pretty sure that 90% of America gets up in the morning to go to work.
    ----
    Murray?
  • blurman75
    blurman75
    Soul Shriven

You would be way wrong on that stat. Considering that only about 63% of working age people (not kids nor retirees) actually have a job these days. Then add on top of that the 2nd and 3rd shift workers and it's not even close to 90% of people who get up and go to work in the morning.
  • siledre
    siledre
    ✭✭✭
    play more than one game.
  • Alpha_Protocol
    Alpha_Protocol
    ✭✭✭
    I'm sure if you open up shop and start some coffee they'll be right behind you.

There's nothing like sleep-deprived server admins to get things off to a good start.

I am at home with a back injury and wake up at 7 am to get my sister(took me in for my injury) coffee and breakfast to get her going for work(little something I do for her for helping me out :-)) So I like to play after she leaves but maintenance is just starting and there is no way for me to get back to sleep, even with the meds they gave me.

I know you call her sister at home... but what do the neighbors call her, Mrs. Dewed?
    Edited by Alpha_Protocol on May 22, 2014 4:54PM
  • Blade_07
    Blade_07
    ✭✭✭✭
    I agree completely!!! Push it back a couple hours for sure!!! But they wont!
    “Man can live about forty days without food, about three days without water, about eight minutes without air, but only for one second without hope.”

• nudel
    nudel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    blurman75 wrote: »

You would be way wrong on that stat. Considering that only about 63% of working age people (not kids nor retirees) actually have a job these days. Then add on top of that the 2nd and 3rd shift workers and it's not even close to 90% of people who get up and go to work in the morning.

The people who work the night shift don't want the hours changed b/c they live at that nocturnal schedule. The current times allow them to sleep through the maintenance. If they bump it hours earlier it will cut into their actual time to play on their days off.

Most retirees are patient about maintenance because they don't think the entire world revolves around them. Wisdom comes with age I suppose. Children should be in school at that hour and probably not playing an M rated game in the first place.
  • rawne1980b16_ESO
    rawne1980b16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm with you .... in your house ....

Watching, always watching.
  • ReCreare
    ReCreare
    ✭✭✭
    I agree. Starting it at 5 or 6 instead of 8, would it allow it to be down for less of the time during the day, for those of us who's work schedules aren't a 9-5.
    But at the same time, I don't wanna make these poor devs and admins have to come into work that early. So I'd understand if not
  • darthbelanb14_ESO
    darthbelanb14_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    Nah, no need to change, I work during the maintenance and leave my launcher open so it picks up the patch while I'm gone, and it's ready for me when I get home.
  • bodayga
    bodayga
    Soul Shriven
    I also agree, it should be a lot earlier. allows them a lot more time to actually fix this game. if they start at 5 or 6 am and find the need more time, like today for example. They would of had 7 to 8 hrs. to make significant strides in getting rid of these damn gold farming bots, that are lagging out the servers.
  • Hypertionb14_ESO
    Hypertionb14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    screw chaning the time... how about they improve their speeds.... their minor stuff takes 5x longer than needed, sometimes out timing their major stuff.

last MMO i played had downtimes of about 10minutes for minor stuff, 1-3 hours AT MOST on the major content updates.

Megaserver my ass... How do they not have ghost updating in this day and age...
    I play every class in every situation. I love them all.
  • twev
    twev
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    nudel wrote: »
    blurman75 wrote: »

The people who work the night shift don't want the hours changed b/c they live at that nocturnal schedule. The current times allow them to sleep through the maintenance. If they bump it hours earlier it will cut into their actual time to play on their days off.

Most retirees are patient about maintenance because they don't think the entire world revolves around them. Wisdom comes with age I suppose. Children should be in school at that hour and probably not playing an M rated game in the first place.

I don't know about you, but when I worked 3rd shift I wasn't in bed by 8 AM. I was going home, which would have put me at the beginning of my off-time staring at a 'Come back in a few hours' screen.

That equates to *you* getting home at 5:45 PM and being told that the servers would be back on line at midnight. Which by your "The current times allow them to sleep through the maintenance." implies that you're asleep by 6PM and wake up at midnight to play a few hours before you go to work?

Not everyone who doesn't work 9-5 AM works 2nd shift til midnight instead. :)

Just sayin'....
    The problem with society these days is that no one drinks from the skulls of their enemies anymore.

PC/NA, i7 with 32 gigs of ram, nVME cards and an nVidea 1060 over fiber.
    I don't play through Steam, ever.
  • skeletorz_ESO
    skeletorz_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    Would be nice to be a little bit earlier if it's possible to do. I don't imagine the devs want to get up at 3am so they can be at work at 5am, or whatever.
    “If you would be a real seeker after truth, it is necessary that at least once in your life you doubt, as far as possible, all things.” -- René Descartes
  • ReCreare
    ReCreare
    ✭✭✭
    Also, can you please talk to my boss. She always gives me off on maintenance days. It's like a waste of a day off. lol
  • Pangnirtung
    Pangnirtung
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    WE are the customers. Shouldn't the servers be updated at our convenience? I've had to work night shifts as have most of us. Why not the devs?
  • nerevarine1138
    nerevarine1138
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    WE are the customers. Shouldn't the servers be updated at our convenience? I've had to work night shifts as have most of us. Why not the devs?

I'm a customer at Best Buy. Shouldn't they keep the store open 24 hours for me because I want to buy things at odd hours of the night?

Most people play games at night and work during the day. They already take player volume into account when they schedule maintenance.
    ----
    Murray?
  • twev
    twev
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I'm a customer at Best Buy. Shouldn't they keep the store open 24 hours for me because I want to buy things at odd hours of the night?

Most people play games at night and work during the day. They already take player volume into account when they schedule maintenance.

It's a 24 hour economy on a global scale.

Perhaps they should shut the servers down at 5PM EST and let all the OPs go home?
    :)
    The problem with society these days is that no one drinks from the skulls of their enemies anymore.

PC/NA, i7 with 32 gigs of ram, nVME cards and an nVidea 1060 over fiber.
    I don't play through Steam, ever.