Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Official Discussion Thread for "The Road Ahead - May 1"

• t0mmeh
    t0mmeh
    I have an idea you guys might like to implement in a future patch...
    A /roleplay command, that replaces certain words/phrases automatically that you type with ones that match the race of the player. For example, when a khajiit character says "I'm going to the store", it would automatically say "This one is going to the store." It'd be akin to setting your language to "Pirate" on Facebook. Might be fun to use.
  • fyrefenix
    fyrefenix
    ✭✭✭
    thank you for the updates and information! And thank you very much for dealing with the bot and gold farmer problem i will keep reporting them as i come across them thank you again for helping us with these cheaters and exploiters.
    Natjur ✭✭✭
    4:24PM
    There is currently only two classes in this game, DK and Sorcs.
    Templar's and NB are just 'extras' that have not been removed yet.
  • s2firestar
    s2firestar
    ✭✭
    What I would like to see in the game is feedback about shared quests. I want to know if the quest is properly shared, or can't be shared for any reason (e.g. the other player(s) have already finished it, etc.). This would be a huge feature for us, group players.

Also, well said in the comments, this game is all about freedom. I wouldn't mind if classes were thrown out alltogether, but still, it fits my needs. I pay for something, and I get it. 'nuff said
  • Bethruz
    Bethruz
    ✭✭
    I have one improvement idea for the chat /whisper. I've found that sometimes I accidently miss someones whisper, when there is no alarm voice for /whispers in chat.
    Could it be possible to add option to add option for that in future updates?
  • robinpierard2011preeb18_ESO
    Only thing that lacks is abilty to use a Controller for pc editions oi dont mind writing with keyboard i d really like to play with a controller just as in skyrim and if that that not the case u will just make the same error as bioware/ lucasarts did think when they devoleped game with controller enabled and make a that isn t anymore dont make the catch,
    Edited by robinpierard2011preeb18_ESO on May 8, 2014 9:23AM
  • Bethruz
    Bethruz
    ✭✭
    Also it would be nice way to improve immersion of the game. Make the player characters turn it's head when you look left or right when for example running or walking... just some ideas that have came to mind when playing :)
    Edited by Bethruz on May 8, 2014 9:27AM
  • Bethruz
    Bethruz
    ✭✭
    Only thing that lacks is abilty to use a Controller for pc editions oi dont mind writing with keyboard i d really like to play with a controller just as in skyrim and if that that not the case u will just make the same error as bioware/ lucasarts did think when they devoleped game with controller enabled and make a that isn t anymore dont make the catch,
    I agree with you Robin. I myself play with keyboard, but if there isn't support they really should add it. I'd imagine that there is many people that would like to play with controller rather than keyboard..
  • Tapio75
    Tapio75
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Many of the new stuff sounds wonderful, especially spellcrafting, dye and tint, justice system and animation tweaks.

The most wanted thing in future for me would be alternate MAIN storyline with Evil intent for those who like to play evil as well. Adventure zones where you DO NOT NEED A DAMNED GROUP but other players are present.

All the armor looks available on Veteran level so that i can use iron armor at endgame if i so choose.
    >>PC-EU Mostly PVE. Played since BETA<<
  • jimmulvaney
    jimmulvaney
    ✭✭✭
    Only thing that lacks is ability to use a Controller for PC editions
    I agree. My main gripe about the combat is how impossible it is to switch your quick slot. I am constantly getting wailed on when I try.
  • Hurbster
    Hurbster
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I just set swap weapons to my middle mouse button.
    So they raised the floor and lowered the ceiling. Except the ceiling has spikes in it now and the floor is also lava.
  • s2firestar
    s2firestar
    ✭✭
    Oh, and another 3 quickslots (let's just keep the level of Oblivion and Skyrim) would be nice. 8 would be quite enough to be versatile, yet not overcrowded. (e.g. it would allow a better healer setup with more offensive options).

Along with spellcrafting, I think this would be adequate. I used MHP with Skyrim (because there you literally need around 30-40 hotkeys :D) BUT. In this case, 8 would be enough (e.g. for my sorcerer, 3 destruction staff, 2 storm calling, 1 dark magic and 2 guild skills for DPS setup, and maybe more dark magic ones for the support setup). If more guild questlines and skill lines will be introduced, I'd like at least 8 slots to be able to really be what I want to be, and combine skills. The maximum that would be appropriate IMHO is 0-9, but 1-8 would be quite sufficient.
  • taylorwilenskiub17_ESO
    Can you PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE, implement the guild system updates with 1.1.

For a team who placed such a high value on creating a solid community and way for players to do things together you have made one of the worst guild systems I have ever seen. It's almost as though you put ZERO effort into it.

All of the changes you mentioned should have been implemented at launch. The guild system should have been a high priority in my mind. As a guild leader we have next to nothing when it comes to options within the guild.
  • Foul_Corsair
    Foul_Corsair
    ✭✭✭
    Bethruz wrote: »
    I have one improvement idea for the chat /whisper. I've found that sometimes I accidently miss someones whisper, when there is no alarm voice for /whispers in chat.

Here's an addon that will do it for you - http://www.esoui.com/downloads/info169-AFKNotify.html
    would ya mind if I fired me cannon through your porthole?
  • Bethruz
    Bethruz
    ✭✭
    V
    Bethruz wrote: »

Here's an addon that will do it for you - http://www.esoui.com/downloads/info169-AFKNotify.html

Hey thanks very much Foul Corsair. I'll try that :)
  • nhisso
    nhisso
    ✭✭✭✭
    I would like to see more activity with the smaller guilds and mercenary bands, etc.. Their quests could be similar to rep gathering in other MMOs, but not nearly as tedious. Just an offering of side quests from these groups and guilds we help as we play the game as it is. Maybe have unique armors, weapons, mounts as rewards, move up in rank in these groups. I dunno. This game is lacking something. I love it, and Im subbed, but still, little stuff like this could go along way.

I truly hope, when the justice system comes out and we can kill NPCs, that our actions will be more important as well. Like when robbing those robbable merchants in the wild or when encountering ESO's "random encounters" (although they seem to be permanently in their locations when found). Such as a conversation between a high elf and Bosmer you run in to while doing AD quests. I should have the choice to slap that mouthy high elf ;)
  • Whizzinglane
    Whizzinglane
    ✭✭
    Will this new patch or future updates allow us to take 'screenshots' in PNG format rather than bitmap? Even in JPG, it would be cool. B)
  • KerinKor
    KerinKor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Still waiting for filters on in-game mail so we can silence the spammers you've so spectacularly failed to deal with: I want to prevent mails being received from anyone no in my Friends or Guild lists, Hireling or Zenimax.

If someone's not in that lot I don't want to hear from them.
  • knaveofengland
    knaveofengland
    ✭✭✭
    I saw that many bots farming jute nodes a full sheet of a4 paper had a list of their names on it , 40+ names I did write then to fast so lots of mistakes on their names, the jute spawn was 1 sec delay but was instant 2 to 3 bots max lvl was 3
    so with all these bots it would appear might need some loving care.
    I now also think the add-ons is where this can be stopped perhaps eso might look into this
  • Syntse
    Syntse
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Only thing that lacks is ability to use a Controller for PC editions
    I agree. My main gripe about the combat is how impossible it is to switch your quick slot. I am constantly getting wailed on when I try.

ESOUI and get Easy Quick Slots addon
    Will this new patch or future updates allow us to take 'screenshots' in PNG format rather than bitmap? Even in JPG, it would be cool. B)

Find Usersettings.ini from the folders, most likely under documents not game files. Cannot remember the exact location and you will be able to change the screenshot format. JPG works at least, haven't tried PNG.

Syntse Dominion Khajiit Dragonknight Stamina Tank [50]
    Ra'Syntse Dominion Khajiit Nightblade Magica DPS [50]
    Syntselle Dominion Dark Elf Dragonknight Magica DPS [50]
    Syntseus Dominion Imperial Templar Healer [50]
    Syntsetar Dominion High Elf Sorcerer Magica DPS [50]
    Friar Tuktuk Daggerfall Brenton Templar Healer [50]
    Syntseyn Ebonheart Brenton Nightblade Magica DPS [50]
  • KerinKor
    KerinKor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Search is your friend: "screenshot jpg" brings up a few threads, one in particular has this:
    Moonraker wrote: »
    In UserSettings.text change;

Documents > Elder Scrolls Online > live (liveeu for Europe) > UserSettings.txt
    SET ScreenshotFormat "BMP"

to
    SET ScreenshotFormat "JPG"

Save change.

As a note, this doesn't work for the Mac client which saves the same format as screenshot i.e. PNG default.
  • shehieb17_ESO
    shehieb17_ESO
    ✭✭
    We really need vault-based Guild Bank system. Ranks are in your to do list - adding vault-based separation to Banks will solve a lot of problems for our guilds.
  • christopher_griffinub17_ESO
    I'm very excited about "The Road Ahead"! Like many others I appreciate the communication and commitment to "getting it right". I have a non-game request.... Can you please fix the forum so that we can set a "working" default language? Nothing against the other nationalities but i'd prefer to be able to quickly access articles without the distraction of the other categories.

Since communication is important between players developers and players to players, I think a fix that streamlines the current forums is much needed.
    This should be quite easy compared to the game fixes and I'm sure many others who frequent the forums will appreciate
  • Zidway
    Zidway
    Elder Scrolls Online.

The Good, The Bad and The OMG.

Note to all, I like ESO even with all the problems.

I would love to hang in there and game for years, like I did with EQ-one and WOW.

The Good:
    Best mail system in any game.
    Great teleport to friends/guild mate, free-fast-easy-safe.
    Fun Crafting system.
    Well writen quests with good voice acting.
    Nice mix of races and large area to adventure through.
    Good story and reason for the world to be this way.
    Fun treasure maps.
    All characters can pick up all ground spawn crafting mats.
    A few well set-up cities for people to get together and talk/craft.
    Character friendly re-spec option, with high but balanced cost.

The Bad:
    More bugs than a fire ant mound.
    Bad set up of guild options/reason to be in a guild.
    Unable to group with friends/guild mates in a lot of quests.
    Dull armor/weapon looks.
    Game/group crashes in PVP events/areas.

The OMG-how bad can you make the game, unless you did it by a plan:

No world auction house.
    No world economy.
    No real choice of activities to earn money. ( you must quest ).
    Most mucked up adventure to grinding time balance, ever. ( this note even needs a bit of expanding: inventory, crafting, character set-up takes too much time ).
    Not nearly enough backpack spaces/bank spaces to cover even a bit of crafting.
    Bank spaces costs way too much after the first 3 buys.
    Backpack space costs way to much after the first 3 buys.

NEVER let the game programers do the code for the data base related "in game" options. There is little or no sort, search options or tab sections in the Bank, Guild bank, Guild store and only a bit of options for personal backpack spaces.

Please, ESO, read this and think about this stuff.

Work on some of it please.

Make somebody with a good IQ, in your business, set up a well defined list of what to fix and in what order.

I love ESO, like somebody would love their own house. I feel sad to have to watch that house on fire and hope the fire dept can save most of it. Do not let the fires burn on till all is lost.

Good Luck,
    A money paying customer.

ps if this is in the wrong area, feel free to move it or delete it. Thanks.
  • solarsisky
    solarsisky
    ✭✭
    I am a devoted Elder Scrolls fan and ESO has only served to strengthen that. Other than the severe problem of gold spammers, I only have minor annoyances like no search and/or broken filter system in guild stores. I am really looking forward to "improvements in crafting system"...any chance of getting more detail there?

At any rate, thank you development team for providing a very exciting and hopelessly addicting game for our enjoyment. I am loving it (too much according to my ESO widower husband ;-)
  • Iluvrien
    Iluvrien
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    @Zidway‌ Mostly I do actually agree with what you have listed in the good and bad sections. However, it is at the final section that I find I cannot agree with your conclusions, and disagree strongly enough that I actually feel compelled to answer your post.
    Zidway wrote: »

No world auction house.
    No world economy.
    Most mucked up adventure to grinding time balance, ever. ( this note even needs a bit of expanding: inventory, crafting, character set-up takes too much time ).
    Not nearly enough backpack spaces/bank spaces to cover even a bit of crafting.
    Bank spaces costs way too much after the first 3 buys.
    Backpack space costs way to much after the first 3 buys.

You see, for any of the above that are actually well defined, I find I am in almost direct opposition in my views.

1) I have no desire for a world auction house, just better functionality in the existing ones.

2) Your specification of "world economy" has no definition and so could refer to anything from the world auction house, to local trading houses with transit links to other sites to a global trade channel to... (i.e. too vague)

3) I don't have to quest for money. I craft. I go on harvesting runs, and as I collect materials I often run into creatures. From these I get items with traits, alchemy components, runes, wood etc.. All of these are profitable items either when traded raw, exchanged with other players for items I either need or sell or even vendored. All of these are based on a choice that has very little to do with questing and still results in about 90% of the income on my main.

4) I thoroughly enjoy the time I spend crafting, exploring everything from the look of the items themselves to the traits and enchantments on them. That accounts for about 80% of my character set-up. For the things I cannot personally do, I exchange with my guildmates... often in RP sessions. Yet another avenue of enjoyment.

5) After I purchased the first bank and bag upgrade, I haven't had any significant issues with bank space... and I am working on 3 crafts on my main, and 3 on my alt.

6) Bank space is pricey after the first 3, but since I have those three and seem to have space to spare then I am more than happy for what is, effectively, a luxury purchase to cost proportionally more.

7) See above.

I am sorry to see that you are unhappy with the way things are configured now, and truly hope that the Devs find a way to accommodate your playstyle and my own... but if they change everything on your list then I will be as displeased as you are now. Unfortunate, but there it is.
  • KerinKor
    KerinKor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @zidway, In the spirit of healthy debate ... where I've <snip>ped your comments I agree with them:
    The Good:
    Best mail system in any game.
    Great teleport to friends/guild mate, free-fast-easy-safe.
    Fun Crafting system.
    <snip>
    All characters can pick up all ground spawn crafting mats.
    A few well set-up cities for people to get together and talk/craft.
    Character friendly re-spec option, with high but balanced cost.hanks.
    No idea why you think it's the 'best mail system in any game', you can send less items per mail than WOW (12 slots) and some other games, and its operation is entirely generic.

The teleport system allows you to get to places you otherwise can't possibly get to, that allows lots of abuse and it entirely crass.

Generic crafting system. ZOS said this:

http://elderscrollsonline.com/en-uk/news/post/2014/03/19/creating-eso-crafting-facts?ref=news-list
    Something else we want to ensure is that crafting is more than just gathering up your materials, selecting “Create All,” and walking away for a while. You’ll want to pay attention to each item you produce. Whether you’re an alchemist experimenting to find the perfect potion to enhance your skills, an enchanter unravelling the rune language, or a smith in search of the perfect set of Orcish armor, you’ll be making choices every time you craft.

Indeed they did do way with the "Create All", you now have to sit and press 'D' for hours on end to breakdown raw materials and spam Create to level-up. This isn't a "Fun Crafting System" to me.

Sure, the 'experimentation' is interesting, except that the raw ingredients are so rare you spend ages wasting attempts (with no credit) until you find one, then you're back to mashing 'D' to spam "Create" as above.

As for "making choices every time you craft", the only choices are (a) style and (b) quality, the former gated by your ability to get rarer-than-hens-teeth Motifs (post-1.0.6 mega-nerf) and (b) whether or not RNG has given you sufficient material to improve quality.

My 'take' on crafting: over-convoluted materials in Alchemy, Provisioning and Enchanting, generic crafting system for the rest. Yes, the ability to improve an item at creation is nice and better than pure RNG-base 'high quality' systems.

The "all characters can pick up everything" is poor design and allows the botters to be far more destructive. Ability to gather should be linked to craft skill, that at least would slow the botters down somewhat.

Respec costs are asinine, it's absurd to charge 100g per point for the FIRST respec in a game that offers so much flexibility it's ludicrous to expect players to get it 'right' first time and it's easy to get it very wrong.
    The Bad:
    <snip>
    Dull armor/weapon looks.
    <snip>
    I actually very much like most of the racial gear. I'm not a fashion victim, looks don't matter to me that much and gear is a means to an end not an end itself, but that said I really like the Nord heave gear for example.

At least ESO's gear LOOKs largely 'real' . except for some female gear, such as the level 6 Heavy body piece that exposes her entire stomach down to her navel, which clearly is ludicrous for 'armour'.

Not sure what you mean with your comment about making money, like all MMOs you can grind golf (cash and drops from mobs), craft to sell, 'play the AH' (yes, the lack of an AH is asinine and I despise leechers who do 'play the AH' but there is still an economy you can abuse in that way), etc.

So yeah, I disagree a lot with what you think is good as I don't see ESO in the light of anything other than a generic MMORPG. However I certainly agree with most of your 'bad' and 'ugly' views.
    Edited by KerinKor on May 22, 2014 6:59AM
  • RatsnevE
    RatsnevE
    ✭✭✭
    This is the official discussion thread for the blog article The Road Ahead - May 1. We hope you enjoyed getting a peek into the future for ESO!
    ESO is a _perfect_ example of why I regret so often playing a game as soon as it comes out. Think of what it would be like if I waited a year after release?

I still don't trust there is any place in ESO for the Solo Casual Gamer--one that does not have to join in group activities in order to finish the game or become expert strategists to get through difficult differing battles.

And what of that ending? I've seen no road-map of what "happens after this or that" or "where does my PC go after I finish this or that"?

I find W,A,S,D movement archaic today and long for a wireless controller.

The later main story boss battles who play by a totally different set of rules ruin the immersion.

Private dungeons require a private group which is a turn-off for the typical Solo player.

Public dungeons are a free for all where one often ends up having to discover the right location and waiting for an NPC to respawn in order to finish the dungeon.

One methodically searches through an area inside or outside and spots a chest up ahead only to be overrun by another PC reaching the chest first; or you are fighting a foe guarding a chest while another PC comes up, ignores your battle, and opens the chest for his gain at your expense. There is no solution for this other than your own nature.

These things lead into PvP and PKing which I absolutely abhor as a 35 year adventure veteran in her late 60s. If I had my druthers I would never mix the two in any game. Let the kids who are going to volunteer for the military play PvP on one server and leave the adventurers on a PvE only server where the term "boss" for die-hards never needs to be used.
  • Boomjackal
    Boomjackal
    ✭✭
    PVP Dungeon? boring want battlegrounds and wargames and Arena not an open world ganking system and not PVPVE sort it out, more and more I realise this game is not PVP focused at all, Cyrodil is getting old very fast please work on the pvp aspect of the game or you will lose alot of players. FACT
  • Jexie
    Jexie
    ✭✭
    As a dedicated crafter I'm very intruiged about Guild Koisks! As far as I understand it, they will be 'available to the highest-bidding guild', for a period of one week at a time. I think this is a wonderful idea, however admittedly my heart sunk slightly. :p When I first heard of this gem I had hopes that every Guild would be allowed a Koisk, (or even a trade caravan - that'd be neat), for a fee of course, with a player market in-game - such as the open space in Elden Root. But we can all dream can't we? :D

Anyhow, I'm really excited for the future! Especially 'Improvements to fishing'. Maybe this ties in with Provisioning, I reaally want to catch a fish, cook it, and eat it! So fingers crossed.

Overall, lots of fantastic things to look forward to, and I have to say, being a player since beta/launch, I'm really enjoying watching this game grow and develop into something quite special.
    Guild Leader of The Knights Who Say NiRn - a UK players community. www.knightswhosaynirn.co.uk
    - "When you have found the shrubbery, you must cut down the mightiest tree in the forest... Wiiiiiithh.... A HERRING!"
    Twitchverse |Twitterverse
    My ESO Forum Guide
  • KerinKor
    KerinKor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Boomjackal wrote: »
    PVP Dungeon? boring want battlegrounds and wargames and Arena not an open world ganking system and not PVPVE sort it out, more and more I realise this game is not PVP focused at all, Cyrodil is getting old very fast please work on the pvp aspect of the game or you will lose alot of players. FACT
    I'd be happy to see PVP die, I'm fed up with my skills being nerfed to the ground due to PVP QQing all the damned time about this OP class and that OP skill.

And no, I'm not a Vamp on any character and my 'main' isn't a DK either. :p
    Edited by KerinKor on June 3, 2014 6:56AM