The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

For the 'it's stupid hard' crowd

• ShedsHisTail
    ShedsHisTail
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Chirru wrote: »
    Sorry...I did not express myself clearly enough...
    Yes, by Boss I mean the Solo bosses of the main quest. Not the world bosses.

As for weapon skills...everyone needs at least one of these. However, Vampire/Werewolf/Fighters guild and Mage guild abilities in my opinion are extras. They should not be necessary to defeat the main quest bosses and also should be just extras in PvE Veteran content.

Well then, if that's the way you see it, you'll be happy to know that a Nightblade can defeat everything up to and including Mannimarco without Guild or Vamp/Werewolf skills. I know because I did.

Assassination specced with just a little bit of Shadow, Dual Wielding as my only weapon skill.

Also, no potions or buffs... So, balanced?
    Edited by ShedsHisTail on May 20, 2014 6:28PM
    "As an online discussion of Tamrielic Lore grows longer, the probability of someone blaming a Dragon Break approaches 1." -- Sheds' Law
    Have you seen the Twin Lamps?
  • methjester
    methjester
    ✭✭✭
    Wildstar combat makes me want to club a baby seal... it's fast, frenetic, feverish and fun at times... After a while it's extremely redundant, and questing is the same ol' same ol' quest-hub-hop "kill x of y" and then complete a story you never even read because they're all just that boring.

Wildstar has a story?

All I saw was incredibly boring quest text that, thankfully, I didn't have to read.

Played 6 days of that beta .... couldn't even tell you one of their characters names ..... or what any of the zones are called.

It was that memorable.

I couldn't tell you any names in this one. All I know is I went from place to place killed a few things, clicked a few things and walked down the exact same spiral stairs into the exact same dungeons.

Every MMO is the same and this one is no different. Please do not try and kid yourself into thinking THIS one was the one that stood out. Go kill, get XP, get loot. I'm not going to listen to some NPC rattle on for 5 minutes in a newby zone.
  • Aoifesan
    Aoifesan
    ✭✭✭
    Sakiri wrote: »
    AngryNord wrote: »
    *tickles Sakiri*

Eeeeeep! Evil Nord!
    Aoifesan wrote: »
    Thing is, the servers track when quests are completed and how often; I'd be really curious to see (a month after launch) how many characters have bested Lyris Dopple, Mannimarco, and Molag Bal. (since those are the three big ones that folks seem to be upset about.)

All pushovers.

For you.

And I'm playing a night blade. 10 of 15 abilities are broken in some way (I refuse to acknowledge that there is evidence that at least 6 of the passives in class are also broken because it's simply too much, it doesn't make it not true, just *sigh*)

People really need to learn to pay attention in these fights
  • ShedsHisTail
    ShedsHisTail
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    *tickles Sakiri*

Eeeeeep! Evil Nord!
    Thing is, the servers track when quests are completed and how often; I'd be really curious to see (a month after launch) how many characters have bested Lyris Dopple, Mannimarco, and Molag Bal. (since those are the three big ones that folks seem to be upset about.)

All pushovers.

For you.

And I'm playing a night blade. 10 of 15 abilities are broken in some way (I refuse to acknowledge that there is evidence that at least 6 of the passives in class are also broken because it's simply too much, it doesn't make it not true, just *sigh*)

And this is great news!
    Why? Because I'm still able to complete content with broken skills. Which means, when they get fixed it'll be like getting a huge buff!
    "As an online discussion of Tamrielic Lore grows longer, the probability of someone blaming a Dragon Break approaches 1." -- Sheds' Law
    Have you seen the Twin Lamps?
  • Allyah
    Allyah
    ✭✭✭
    Okay... I for once will be the devil's advocate.

you died in a fight... you are a looser and do not know how to play properly.
    Your build is totally wrong and you need to really learn how to adapt to the situation.
    the game is actually so easy a 3 year old can do it.
    the fight you died a few times in I did easily
    you just need to adjust your build and your strategy.

If you died you lost the game and you are a looser!
    I am absolutely against making things easier for those weaklings that can not manage to play the game properly.

You died...you are a weakling...full stop! Yes, I am talking to you you weakling. you smashed your char and that proves my point.

Yes, these statements are inflammatory...and I hate them. Yet these are the very same opinions that are uttered again and again against those who wish for a grouping option for the tough solo fights in the game.

I can only say again... If your Char died in a fight you lost and that means you are a looser. If you need more than 10 seconds to figure out how to beat a boss you ought to play another game.

How does this go down with you high and mighty people who so haughtily look down on others who are not so high and mighty as you are. I really do not care if you smash you char again and again. I really give not a rear-wind....if you managed after 3,5,10 trials actually to figure out how to defeat a Boss.

Your achievement in overcoming an obstacle means nothing to me at all, and yet you brag about it as if it was of any importance.

Well, yes, to you it is important.

So why do you speak against others wishing to overcome a challenge in their own way. To me personally, having finally sussed out a way to out-smart the game's programmers does not provide any satisfaction at all. I have done this many times quite successfully, even in this game. However, what gives me satisfaction is allowing others to play the game in a way that is enjoyable to them. If they want a group option...okay, give them a group option. It does not take away from my enjoyment of the game, and neither does it add to it.
    Wrong use of the term "devil's advocate."
    loser* ... Although, reading each "looser" as someone who loosens something gave me a bit of a laugh...
    My apologies if I offended someone...my intention was and is to have you feel the pointy end of the stick. Allow a choice to those who wish for it. And no, having a choice playing solo or in a group is not a Nerf. It is just a choice.
    "Sorry to offend you, I was just trying to offend you."
  • Psychotius
    Psychotius
    ✭✭✭
    Phazzle wrote: »

Here is a video of a tough fight with a tough boss that required several attempts and some strategy.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5OiH1t_u67I

I hated that boss fight at the non-veteran level. But, strategy always makes the difference. Which is why I do enjoy this game, cause you can't always be like Leroy Jenkins in every dungeon. Sometimes Leroy deserves to die.
    I'm not as am as you drunk I think.
  • methjester
    methjester
    ✭✭✭
    Psychotius wrote: »

Here is a video of a tough fight with a tough boss that required several attempts and some strategy.

I hated that boss fight at the non-veteran level. But, strategy always makes the difference. Which is why I do enjoy this game, cause you can't always be like Leroy Jenkins in every dungeon. Sometimes Leroy deserves to die.

Leroy didn't have to deal with Glitchy Bugged out skills with little to no acknowledgment from the game makers. By all means keep up the in denial if it improves your happiness.
  • Sakiri
    Sakiri
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    *tickles Sakiri*

Eeeeeep! Evil Nord!

All pushovers.

For you.

You arent everyone.

You arent playing with physical reaction delays either. I dont care what class youre playing or how broken it is.

This isnt a class problem.
  • Sakiri
    Sakiri
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    methjester wrote: »

Leroy didn't have to deal with Glitchy Bugged out skills with little to no acknowledgment from the game makers. By all means keep up the in denial if it improves your happiness.

Leeroy was also scripted and being stupid on purpose for giggles.
  • Ohioastro
    Ohioastro
    ✭✭✭✭
    Wildstar combat makes me want to club a baby seal... it's fast, frenetic, feverish and fun at times... After a while it's extremely redundant, and questing is the same ol' same ol' quest-hub-hop "kill x of y" and then complete a story you never even read because they're all just that boring.

Wildstar has a story?

All I saw was incredibly boring quest text that, thankfully, I didn't have to read.

Played 6 days of that beta .... couldn't even tell you one of their characters names ..... or what any of the zones are called.

It was that memorable.

I couldn't tell you any names in this one. All I know is I went from place to place killed a few things, clicked a few things and walked down the exact same spiral stairs into the exact same dungeons.

Every MMO is the same and this one is no different. Please do not try and kid yourself into thinking THIS one was the one that stood out. Go kill, get XP, get loot. I'm not going to listen to some NPC rattle on for 5 minutes in a newby zone.

Well, Wildstar sound like your kind of game. Those of us who actually like stories, by contrast, got a very good one here (you wouldn't know, as you can't be bothered to "listen to some NPC rattle on.")
  • Allyah
    Allyah
    ✭✭✭

Don't worry, methjester. There is still a chance that someday you will be able to play a game without knowing everything that is being done to improve it at every second of the day.

Do try to be less pessimistic.
  • reggielee
    reggielee
    ✭✭✭✭
    i come up often against mob packs that do me in as a full healer with some solo skills. I die alot, reread tooltips and try out diff strategies, dodge like a bunny, get up close and smack em, try diff weapons which I am leveling out from melee to range, try diff staffs resto / destro, swap armor types.

In the end I find the right combo and make it thru. my repair bill is outrageous, my hair grey and the cat hiding under the bed due to my screams but hey...

it was AWESOME.

pls pls pls dont nerf a thing. throughout the day of gaming I often switch out spells and builds for each challenge
    Mama always said the fastest way to a man's heart is through his chest.
  • methjester
    methjester
    ✭✭✭
    Allyah wrote: »

Don't worry, methjester. There is still a chance that someday you will be able to play a game without knowing everything that is being done to improve it at every second of the day.

I'm not trying to be a pessimist, but they make it so easy.

Craglorn for the win!! Everything is gonna be fixed in 1.10, whenever they get around to pushing that out. Patience, right?
  • Allyah
    Allyah
    ✭✭✭

Craglorn for the win!! Everything is gonna be fixed in 1.10, whenever they get around to pushing that out. Patience, right?
    Do they control your feelings? ^^

No MMO is ever fixed.
  • methjester
    methjester
    ✭✭✭

No MMO is ever fixed.

No sir, the fanboys tell me all will be well in 1.10. I just need to wait.
  • SFBryan18
    SFBryan18
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    As a new player, I just assumed the NPC's were hard because the developers want you to play in a group. I don't have a problem with this, though I've taken many deaths playing solo.
  • Phazzle
    Phazzle
    ✭✭✭

No MMO is ever fixed.

This is so true. Balance is a constantly moving target.
    ESO Traveler
    1. Helping you get the most out of ESO!
    2. Veteran Ranking Guide
    3. Leveling Guide
  • GreySix
    GreySix
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Don't want to see anything "nerfed" in this game.

Just want the ability to group with one other player in every single instance.

Really ... that's all.
    Crotchety Old Man Guild

"Hey you, get off my lawn!"
  • ThisOnePosts
    ThisOnePosts
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I went straight in on my first attempt and was damaging and interrupting. I did see her regen health 1x and that's when I knew what I had to do the remainder of the fight. Unless I am going into a dungeon, I like to keep my solo bars with all the options I could need for "my playstyle" to overcome any obstacle. I also use consumables sparingly (Cassie fight). There are interrupts a plenty in the game, I am close to VR10 and took my sweet time doing everything, collecting everything, non-grinding, and absolutely love how some fights can be so different from others. I do have my "should work for anything general build" I will run around the world with, sometimes with a few things I am leveling on one of the bars or both depending which they compliment more. Also it's good to be proficient in a few weapons, ultimately I'd like to max them all out but so far I've done a good job with leveling weapons by switching them out to test new abilities, etc.

But my playstyle won't work for all, however I am just saying.. there is always a way to defeat any solo-able boss (and definitely some that aren't intended to be sol-able but I found they were with some strategy). You just need to find your groove.
  • RomedyMC
    RomedyMC
    ✭✭✭
    I guess my experience has been really different ....

I have a full tank DK at Vet 5 and have found the game to be stupidly easy. I've been able to solo roughly half of the world bosses in the vet zones through the Rift. Rarely have I died more than once on a fight.

I have a second full healy templar at level 38 that has died maybe once ever.

Don't misunderstand: I have thoroughly enjoyed my experience and have challenged myself along the way and ended up with a class that is not broken. (I feel badly for NB players. :( )

I'll freely admit I've been doing it wrong, though. I just found out last night that the true measure of a game's difficulty and a player's skill is soloing the low-level instance naked using exploits. Since I was unaware, I leveled too highly and cannot really test my skill. Sad day for me. :(
  • FENGRUSH
    FENGRUSH
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    GreySix wrote: »
    Don't want to see anything "nerfed" in this game.

Just want the ability to group with one other player in every single instance.

Really ... that's all.

I just want to be able to group with at least two people for every single instance. Nothing else.
  • Grao
    Grao
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Wildstar has a story?

It was that memorable.

Seriously?? Not a single character in ESO stuck with you? You probably played the game just like any MMO and didn't payed any attention to the great storyline behind the quests...

Razum-dar forever... Just sayin'
  • Grao
    Grao
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    *tickles Sakiri*

Eeeeeep! Evil Nord!

All pushovers.

For you.

And this is great news!
    Why? Because I'm still able to complete content with broken skills. Which means, when they get fixed it'll be like getting a huge buff!

And after that huge buff comes that huge nerf XD
  • Grao
    Grao
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    RomedyMC wrote: »
    I guess my experience has been really different ....

I have a full tank DK at Vet 5 and have found the game to be stupidly easy. I've been able to solo roughly half of the world bosses in the vet zones through the Rift. Rarely have I died more than once on a fight.

I have a second full healy templar at level 38 that has died maybe once ever.

Don't misunderstand: I have thoroughly enjoyed my experience and have challenged myself along the way and ended up with a class that is not broken. (I feel badly for NB players. :( )

I'll freely admit I've been doing it wrong, though. I just found out last night that the true measure of a game's difficulty and a player's skill is soloing the low-level instance naked using exploits. Since I was unaware, I leveled too highly and cannot really test my skill. Sad day for me. :(

And that is why we all say, NERF THE DK :p just sayin'

Nah... They have too many fixes to run through before getting to nerfing classes that clearly need to be toned down a little. ^^
    Edited by Grao on May 21, 2014 7:08PM
  • Aoifesan
    Aoifesan
    ✭✭✭
    *tickles Sakiri*

Eeeeeep! Evil Nord!

All pushovers.

For you.

You arent everyone.

You arent playing with physical reaction delays either. I dont care what class youre playing or how broken it is.

This isnt a class problem.

Well if you are talking about the consistent mislabeling of content in the dungeons they have already, then you are absolutely correct. I have a dungeon given to me to complete at VR1 for the undaunted, it has bosses at the VR5 level in the dungeon and 'trash' at vr 2 and 3. As a VR2 tank in that dungeon I got my backside handed to me.

I took notes. And won't revisit that dungeon until I am VR5.