Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Dungeons Suck -Too Hard

Jeddahwe
Jeddahwe
✭✭✭
The first 6 need a massive nurf, not because they are hard, they are not, each fight has 1 thing to learn but the issue is lack of healers and when you we do find them they tend to be 3 or 4 levels below the minimum level!

Keep in mind we still have lots of players in low level areas and EVEN then it takes far too long...So in a month or so NO one will find groups for these dungeons...

I suggest they should be balanced for x4 DPS and if they are balanced to x4 DPS then balance them for x2 DPS lool

People won't play for long if you keep them like this...
  • ShedsHisTail
    ShedsHisTail
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I've done several of the lower end dungeons without healers.
    Everyone has to be pretty good at what they do, but it's doable.
    "As an online discussion of Tamrielic Lore grows longer, the probability of someone blaming a Dragon Break approaches 1." -- Sheds' Law
    Have you seen the Twin Lamps?
  • NordJitsu
    NordJitsu
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Is it really that hard to find low level players running Resto staff?

I mean...Resto staff is amazing for DPS as well.

4 DPS off Healers with Resto staff might just be the best group make up in this game.
    @NordJitsu - Guild Master (Main Character = Hlaalu Idas)
    GREAT HOUSE HLAALU
  • jesterstear
    jesterstear
    ✭✭✭
    The forced solo instances could well be described as too hard and the landscape content can victimise you with the random number generator sometimes, but the group instances, below veteran rank, are extremely easy for an MMO.

I blame the lack of auction house necessitating people to for guilds to trade rather than do content. And possibly , the lack of in-game voice. With a halfway decent group these dungeons should be a snap.
  • EliteZ
    EliteZ
    ✭✭✭
    This wouldn't achieve anything, if players are not going resto at a low lvl (20-30) why would they be going resto at higher lvls (40-50+). If they want to dps they want to dps, if there is a shortage of healers in the most popular areas of the game, likely there are shortages at high lvl too.

The way I see it, Zeni need to give players a reason to want to play roles such as healers and tanks similar to how did by giving extra loot for roles that have very few people queing for. But then you get the issue of people queing as a healer, but not actually being a healer, possibly only allow you to select healer role once you have X number of heal skills?
  • jesterstear
    jesterstear
    ✭✭✭
    The thing is we get the ability to swap weapons at 15 and for most people it's best to pick something complimentary. IE. rather than picking two dps weapons (destruction staff and bow, or two handed sword and a dual wield) eg.

My Templar tank has a sword and shield primary, restoration staff secondary combo. This means I can heal a bit on bosses that have to be kited / trash groups too large to tank. And I can solo stuff from ranged if I really need to.

The thing is, i'm not confident enough in my healing ability to offer myself as a healer to a PUG. With guild mates, you could discuss tactics, find that several of you are "off healers" and between you all is enough healing to cover things etc. But in a PUG it's just stick with Tank/Healer 2 DPS.

My first ever group dungeon in this game was with a guild and we had no dedicated healer. It was my Templar tank offhealing, a Templar Bow DPS offhealing, and a Nightblade funnelling.... but it actually worked out quite nicely.
  • Lywen
    Lywen
    Tried a dungeon last night w/ 4 DPS. We had a hard enough time finding 4 people at that time, and none of us were healers. Two of us were 2 levels above the supposed rank of the dungeon, but it destroyed us anyways by the 2nd fight... Seems you pretty much need either a healer or to have everyone above level/on top of their game. Will try to find another group tonight...
  • Halrloprillalar
    Halrloprillalar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    NordJitsu wrote: »
    Is it really that hard to find low level players running Resto staff?

I mean...Resto staff is amazing for DPS as well.

4 DPS off Healers with Resto staff might just be the best group make up in this game.

Not at level 12
  • Wifeaggro13
    Wifeaggro13
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Jeddahwe wrote: »
    The first 6 need a massive nurf, not because they are hard, they are not, each fight has 1 thing to learn but the issue is lack of healers and when you we do find them they tend to be 3 or 4 levels below the minimum level!

Keep in mind we still have lots of players in low level areas and EVEN then it takes far too long...So in a month or so NO one will find groups for these dungeons...

I suggest they should be balanced for x4 DPS and if they are balanced to x4 DPS then balance them for x2 DPS lool

Just grab a resto staff dude .
  • Shaun98ca2
    Shaun98ca2
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    EliteZ wrote: »
    This wouldn't achieve anything, if players are not going resto at a low lvl (20-30) why would they be going resto at higher lvls (40-50+). If they want to dps they want to dps, if there is a shortage of healers in the most popular areas of the game, likely there are shortages at high lvl too.

The way I see it, Zeni need to give players a reason to want to play roles such as healers and tanks similar to how did by giving extra loot for roles that have very few people queing for. But then you get the issue of people queing as a healer, but not actually being a healer, possibly only allow you to select healer role once you have X number of heal skills?

Zenimax doesn't need to give any incentive to play as a healer or tank.

The game provides that on its own. Its a matter of people figuring it out. Trust me they wont.

Your group always needs healer the hardest role to find in the game. HMMM maybe I should try being a healer.

Its a well known fact that healer/tank is the least desired roll to fill. But at the same time think about...
    The thing is, i'm not confident enough in my healing ability to offer myself as a healer to a PUG. With guild mates, you could discuss tactics, find that several of you are "off healers" and between you all is enough healing to cover things etc. But in a PUG it's just stick with Tank/Healer 2 DPS.

If jester was to preform the healer role and people gave him a hard time....they'd probably lose a healer AND a groupmate. So chances are they wouldn't give him a hard time knowing healers are hard to find.

Reading this I say if you don't have healer/tank on your 2nd hotbar WHY NOT put it on there and fill the role.

For the healers/tanks you DO get how about NOT giving them a hard time if they are "learning". Heck simply don't give them a hard time period and THANK them for a job well done whether they did a good job or not cause.......

GUESS WHAT they fill an undesirable role and they deserve a pat on the back.
  • infraction2008b16_ESO
    infraction2008b16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭

Things aren't as simple as just grabbing a resto staff, you actually need to level the resto staff before you can do a single heal with it and even then for optimal heals for dungeons you need at least to level it to 15 (or at minimum they at least need grand healing and regeneration but that's probably tricky without some morphs or passives).

For new players unless they happened to grab a healing staff at level 3 to spec into a healer they simply aren't going to have it levelled enough, you definitely can't just grab a healing staff and heal up a storm.

• wayfarerb14_ESO
    wayfarerb14_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    No, you can't heal up a storm right away, so prepare yourself and solo easy mobs to level it. I'm pretty sure you can unlock the first one fairly quick. I leveled mine easily by healing at dolmens. It really isn't hard. :/
  • leandro.800ub17_ESO
    leandro.800ub17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭
    i agree with you. the only one i was able to do was BC the others are too hard.
    Please nurf a bit the first VR zone dungeons
  • Wargasmo
    Wargasmo
    ✭✭✭

Things aren't as simple as just grabbing a resto staff, you actually need to level the resto staff before you can do a single heal with it and even then for optimal heals for dungeons you need at least to level it to 15 (or at minimum they at least need grand healing and regeneration but that's probably tricky without some morphs or passives).

For new players unless they happened to grab a healing staff at level 3 to spec into a healer they simply aren't going to have it levelled enough, you definitely can't just grab a healing staff and heal up a storm.

Or... you know that Templar that queued up as dps and actually isn't doing that much dps because of class imbalance? Hand him a resto staff because chances are that he has his Templar burst heal already. Tell him to heal with that and keep using heavy attack with the resto staff to get mana back. And tell him to get used to it. It's all he'll be doing at vr12.
  • Magdalina
    Magdalina
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I think people are weird. Healing is FUN. I used to be a dps, then I reached enlightment and became a healer. Not only do I get 2 group invites in 10 seconds instead of 1 in half an hour when looking for group now(not like I even need these any more. I found my group and we're now doing all dungeons together), but this is fun! No more spamming dps abilities and hoping someone heals you, no longer have I to think which mob to take on first and try to find it among all the flashing. Instead gotta think, gotta carefully manage magicka and do the honorable task of keeping everyone up. And the nice bonus of me always being the first resurrected if some of us happen to die:P

I dps mostly when I solo, or swap resto/destro staves. But I think healing is awesome and really don't get why so little people want to do it.

That being said, not being able to find a healer is NOT an issue of dungeon difficulty. It's an issue of ppl not wanting to be healers. Which isn't the fault of the game completely imo, as I said, I find it amazingly fun.
    Edited by Magdalina on May 31, 2014 10:23AM
  • jesterstear
    jesterstear
    ✭✭✭
    I made a new alt, light armour restoration staff Templar. Going for Max health on character attribute points and armour enchants. Jewellery i'm aiming for magika regen items , when that softcaps, i'll equip magika cost reduction.

Level 7, i'm using just 3 skills -

Templar Sun Fire class skill - one that shoots a fireball ranged DOT, morphed into a multi target. Slows enemys down so you can kite, it does two points of damage for each point of magika cost.

Regeneration - restoration staff skill , heal over time. restores two health for every point of magicka cost.

Rushed Ceremony - Templar instant cast heal skill

I put the rest into passives. It's been a really easy character to play.

Put the HoT on yourself before pulling. Open with heavy staff attack from range, which will restore 15% of your magika as the blow strikes, then immediately hit them with the ranged fireball to slow them and dot them.

Now kite while making minor autoattacks with your staff. Should be a piece of cake, but If I do get into trouble there's my class instant cast heal.

In addition you'll find yourself refreshing the regeneration heal on yourself as you run across the landscape, in case you run into an unexpected mob. Except that this skill heals 2 targets, so any nearby players also get the heal, which lasts over 20 seconds, and if they fight a mob in that time, you get xp for it.

By the time you leave the starter island you'll have a good build. I suppose if you pick a resto staff up at 15, with no skills for it, you'll struggle to solo with it. However, you can try the trick of swapping to the staff before turning quests in, which levels it without you having to fight with it.
    Edited by jesterstear on May 31, 2014 11:49AM
  • Merlin13KAGL
    Merlin13KAGL
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I have two healers in the game. One in DF (kicks butt) and one in AD(who's doing quite well too ~ Just yesterday had one DPS leave inside and we finished with 3 without issue. We then finished off the other two zone dungeons for that level.)

Personally, I love the role...& general consensus so far is that I play the role well.

Dungeon runs take time, and currently have diminishing returns when you get so far beyond level.

Even so, I try to help out where I can because I know the difficulty in finding a healer (especially a good one) when you have an otherwise good group that wants to do the dungeons.

I sometimes have to turn down other invites because I am in the middle of helping a group currently. I also have to turn down invites sometimes because I do have to spend some time leveling up and finishing the side quests.

Don't get me wrong. I love the group dungeons... Nothing greater than having your group overcome one at your level.

Equally enjoyable helping an up-and-coming group that has not had the chance to go through a particular dungeon and seeing them finally succeed.

Not expecting mass XP's or even drops for dungeons already been through or those I'm overleveled for, but some additional return (repeatability) would be nice.

As it stands, if you need a healer to help you through a run, kick me a message...if I'm free to assist, I'll happily do so more often than not.

...or one of your group may find the role as I did, and you may decide it has its own rewards.

I help keep people alive and well...at anchors, in dungeons, and out and about...

In return I get the benefit of multiple DPS/Tanks (that I may not even know) running in to help remove the scourge that is intent on my doom...

It's an interesting, yet somewhat unexpected symbiotic relationship that ends up taking place.

And don't forget, when you find someone that is good at a role, add them to your friends list. There are dungeons beyond the lower levels and you may need or want the assist later. Dungeon runs are an excellent way to blow off steam and take a break from the standard questline.
    Just because you don't like the way something is doesn't necessarily make it wrong...

Earn it.

IRL'ing for a while for assorted reasons, in forum, and in game.
    I am neither warm, nor fuzzy...
    Probably has checkbox on Customer Service profile that say High Aggro, 99% immunity to BS
  • dylanjaygrobbelaarb16_ESO
    dylanjaygrobbelaarb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭

none of the dungeons are too hard. the players suck too much. When in a good group all of the vr dungeons have been fun and challenging. with terrible players they are grueling, i can agree with that. Im healing some jerk standing in a red aoe effect, not even synergising my cleanse so they can do more dps, draining all my mana so i cant heal anyone else, and they go oh wa wa its so hard the dungeon sucks and the tank sucks and the healer sucks its the tank and healers fault I died.

Be the right level. the first 3 are v5. dont complain if you are underleveled.

use the game mechanics, dodge- inturrupt; dead is zero dps/ zero taking/ zero heal dots, use the mechanics and stay alive so you can do your job. Its NOT the healers job to make sure you dont die, believe it or not. I spend all my mana making you more survivable, but you have to do things to stay alive.

change your skills from pve to the specific role you are playing in a group.
    its really not that hard, if everyone is doing this.

you cant blame the devs if you cant find a healer. reroll a healer and get your friends through the content.
  • Ratataplan
    Ratataplan
    Soul Shriven
    Well I really cant say dungeons are too hard, sure you need one tank and one healer but both the roles are quite easy and fun to play.

I am playing a (gimped) Templar ( lvl 44 atm) and so far I could do all dungeons up to 41-43 as both a healer or tank.
    I am a pretty average player, so nothing big, I just raised balanced attributes with a little more HP ( 2-3-2 ratio), and use sword&board on 1 bar and resto staff on the other (plus I leveled up 2h for soloing :P). I also leveled up both light and heavy armor by mixing them while questing.

So far I can easily softcap Health, stamina and stamina regen when tanking and Magika and Magika regen when healing just by switching equip and eating some food.

I have all the needed skills and some leftover skill points too.

By reading the forums I know that probably when in Vet content I will have to respec my attributes and choose a a more specific path, but so far I loved the adaptability of this character, had loads of fun and satisfaction out of it !
  • Kraven
    Kraven
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I did every standard dungeon as a tank and then again as melee dps, I've had no issue grouping to do the first 6 on my healer nor on my mage dps character. I love alts and always have to have several. Guild grouped them all with my main but on all 3 alts I've used the group builder. It definitely could use a little work.

The last thing ZOS needs to do is make the standard dungeons easier. They're ridiculously easy as it is, then you get unprepared players who get rolled over in vet dungeons. Those that come back crying again "They're too hard!"

Quit asking the game to be made easier so you can do it and try improving to meet the challenge.
    V14 - IMPERIAL NIGHTBLADE - DPS/TANK
    V13 - BRETON SORCERER - HEALS/DPS
    V2 - REDGUARD DRAGONKNIGHT - MELEE DPS
    V1 - BRETON TEMPLAR - TANK/DPS

to be continued... Nevermind, no longer "to be continued"
  • Adrastes
    Adrastes
    ✭✭✭
    i think VR dungeons are way too hard and groups for them is about impossible to find.