The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Cheap build for a friend but still meets requirments

jmossb14_ESO
I have built a cheap rig for a friend of mine.
But built it to requirements

Intel Dual core 6600 2.4 ghz-CPU
Nvidia 560 ti-GPU
MSI G31TM-P21 mobo
4 gb ram
Win 7 64-bit OS
850 w PSU

But he continues to have loading issue with all kinds of NPC's. But not actual players.
He also has many crashing issues along with lagging.
His internet provider is the same as mine and i have zero issues. he only has modem and no router.

I've read many issues that had fix's dealing w/ deleting files and or changing numbers in some graphic file read only files. but none has achieved any kind of fix.

I figure he could play everything on medium but that might be the cause of all and he will need to play on low.

my main goal is to get this friend to be able to play and have fun without having to *** about all the problems he is having. He's not rich so we had to build this low end computer.

any suggestions and or help in the right direction would be very much appreciated and thanks in advance
Edited by jmossb14_ESO on May 5, 2014 2:24PM
A circle is the reflection of eternity. It has no beginning and it has no end - and if you put several circles over each other, then you get a spiral.
  • Audigy
    Audigy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Not sure if any of this will help, but you could try.

- Disable windows Aero
    - Change your windows power management settings to highest

The issue is the CPU that's why changing the graphic settings probably wont help much, the GPU is fine and could theoretically play on high in 720p.

Maybe you could get a faster CPU for him? A few alternatives with a chart.

http://www.cpu-world.com/benchmarks/socket_775_multi.html
  • jmossb14_ESO
    im going to try and find a quad core 8300 since i need to stick to the 775 socket. do you think that will make a decent change? according to the chart i would think so.
    A circle is the reflection of eternity. It has no beginning and it has no end - and if you put several circles over each other, then you get a spiral.
  • Audigy
    Audigy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    It will definitely help, but I am wondering if an Intel Core 2 Duo E8600 might be the better option here due its single core performance.

TESO cant utilize all 4 cores (fully) yet, so that the most things are rendered on one core.

I would advice to compared both CPU´s based on their pure core power as this is what makes the difference at TESO right now. Afterwards go for the CPU which has the strongest single core power, be it Duo or Quad.

On the other hand, the quad core 8300 can be overclocked to around 3.0 or more - not sure if you would like to do this though?
  • Loxy37
    Loxy37
    ✭✭✭✭
    im going to try and find a quad core 8300 since i need to stick to the 775 socket. do you think that will make a decent change? according to the chart i would think so.

I was pretty skint a year back and wanted to build a comp for myself to play ESO but only had like £120, Im out of work due to long term illness. Anyway I got a Q6600 (Slackr-Best Overclocker), Asrock MB, 4GB ram, NV 550ti but had all the other bits already. I bought them from Ebay. I overclocked the CPU to 3Ghz from its default of 2.4ghz.

It runs ESO perfect on pretty much high but I have to lower texture to medium but there's not much different between high and Med. Only thing I have noticed is that when I approach NPCs or player, their textures will be low res for about a second and then the higher res loads.

Im in the process of saving to build a new system but this one is working fine for the moment, all I play is ESO.
    Edited by Loxy37 on May 6, 2014 5:22AM
  • Audigy
    Audigy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Loxy37 wrote: »

I was pretty skint a year back and wanted to build a comp for myself to play ESO but only had like £120, Im out of work due to long term illness. Anyway I got a Q6600 (Slackr-Best Overclocker), Asrock MB, 4GB ram, NV 550ti but had all the other bits already. I bought them from Ebay. I overclocked the CPU to 3Ghz from its default of 2.4ghz.

It runs ESO perfect on pretty much high but I have to lower texture to medium but there's not much different between high and Med. Only thing I have noticed is that when I approach NPCs or player, their textures will be low res for about a second and then the higher res loads.

Im in the process of saving to build a new system but this one is working fine for the moment, all I play is ESO.

I agree with what you say, didn't think about this in first place. :o It might indeed be worth it to just OC the current CPU, if it doesn't work he can still upgrade.

He really just needs that extra power on the core´s, good post!
  • jmossb14_ESO
    thanks guys. real good info. as far as OC the CPU well,....i'll have to read up. ive only done one OC and it went well but i did it in baby steps. But i'll do the research and give it a shot. if all else fells we'll just buy a new one and go from there. thanks again.
  • jmossb14_ESO
    Update on this issue. I replaced dual core CPU w/ Quad Core Q9300 and all has been fixed. Fast loading. No lost NPC's. No Freezing. Utilizes the GPU for a better looking game (on high). All issues resolved.