The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

What counts as being "near a keep"

xxslam48xxb14_ESO
xxslam48xxb14_ESO
✭✭✭✭✭
So the reach passive in alliance war says you have 5m range increase when "near a keep", but it doesn't say what counts as being near a keep. I have a strategy im thinking about using involving focused aim,reach, and silver leash, but I have no idea if it will work until I can get that passive. Im trying to get enough range on silver leash to pull people either off the wall or onto the wall so my team mates can quickly dispatch them. So does being near the wall or on it count or do I have to actually be on top of the keep?
I wrote a poem that I titled, "The ganker's delight."

As you lay upon the ground, cry not little pawn.
The pain will pass as quickly as my blade did take you,
but my delight will last and you will respawn.
My heart simply cannot contain my joy, when I ply my trade.

The fault lies with you, your skill was lacking.
Now your salt is mine forever, can't you hear the laughing?
Once you were so proud and now you are reduced to this.
A miserable, loud deuced fool.

With every tear you drip, with every excuse you let slip.
All of your insecurities and worries bring a smile to my lip.
From your despair I have ripped endless glories,
but our affair is over now. Be afraid for I will return for more.

I have received many titles, to my allies I am The sniper Emperor and Grand champion hero of the Pact. However these titles mean little to me, it is the ones given to me by my victims that I prefer. To them I am "Xv1er", "trash", "no balls", "zerger", "noob", "cringe", "no skill", "camper", "100% new", "the reason this game is dying", "pathetic", "a sack of piece of [snip]", "mediocre", "absolute inbred", "beyond a virgin", "ganky dork", "fat smelly 40yr old virgin", "little girl", "daddy", "exploiting loser", and every [snipped] word known to man.
  • vandefanel
    vandefanel
    ✭✭
    I know this is a few days ago but im going to answer about your strategy not your initial question since I doubt many people have been able to prove one way or other. Silver Leash only pulls Daedra, Undead and if skilled Werewolves, not only has their been a dramatic drop off in the players with the 2 skill lines last I played with it the pull component of silver leash doesnt work on undead / werewolf players albeit unintended.
    Edited by vandefanel on May 12, 2014 5:57PM
  • xxslam48xxb14_ESO
    xxslam48xxb14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hmm idk I havent tried it, but in another thread someone said he got it to work on everything.

Here is what he said but I really cant confirm, "no it work on everything... after repeted test today I pulled out (lol didn't relaize the word play until the post was completed ^^') 43 pull effect out of 50 try on a mix of human, zombie and animals... there is actualy a little trick to it...

the trick is... don't spam ^^' you just have to wait around half a second before clicking the skill again... if you do it too fast it will not work... if you wait too much it will not work either... you just have to try... and try... and try again... until you get the right timing (as it seem during my previous test I just missed the right timing window going from too fast to to slow -_-')... once you get it just use it for a bit and it will become automatic... the timing is a bit more than what the normal gcd between 2 consective use will let you do... for those that have played sorc is almost the same as crystal shard spamming... you wait a bit before casting the next shard in order to get perma CC... if you do it too fast you hit the target while still under the first shard CC... if you do it too slow you get hit by the instant cast ranged attack...

so... just a matter of timing... no bug here... but surely thay could make it a little more responsive and more intuitive in it's use ^^'"

So maybe its a error on the players part since he says he got it to work on everything.
    I wrote a poem that I titled, "The ganker's delight."

As you lay upon the ground, cry not little pawn.
    The pain will pass as quickly as my blade did take you,
    but my delight will last and you will respawn.
    My heart simply cannot contain my joy, when I ply my trade.

The fault lies with you, your skill was lacking.
    Now your salt is mine forever, can't you hear the laughing?
    Once you were so proud and now you are reduced to this.
    A miserable, loud deuced fool.

With every tear you drip, with every excuse you let slip.
    All of your insecurities and worries bring a smile to my lip.
    From your despair I have ripped endless glories,
    but our affair is over now. Be afraid for I will return for more.

I have received many titles, to my allies I am The sniper Emperor and Grand champion hero of the Pact. However these titles mean little to me, it is the ones given to me by my victims that I prefer. To them I am "Xv1er", "trash", "no balls", "zerger", "noob", "cringe", "no skill", "camper", "100% new", "the reason this game is dying", "pathetic", "a sack of piece of [snip]", "mediocre", "absolute inbred", "beyond a virgin", "ganky dork", "fat smelly 40yr old virgin", "little girl", "daddy", "exploiting loser", and every [snipped] word known to man.
  • dsalter
    dsalter
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Reason leash wont work (it works on nearly all targets in PvE) is that the knock down triggers CC immunity, the pull is a CC. so the pull doesnt trigger but still takes the stamina cost.
    when it's blocked it's completely shunned anyways
    PLEASE REPLY TO ME WITH @dsalter otherwise i'm likely to miss the reply if its not my own thread

EU - [Arch Mage Dave] Altmer Sorcerer
    Fight back at the crates and boxes, together we can change things.

• SolracsSeeker
    SolracsSeeker
    Soul Shriven
    Being near a keep to me means that you are in the zone labeled as Ash Keep (for instance). IF you move to the outer area called Fort Ash Grounds you are no longer near the keep. This also goes for defense rewards and when you initially take over a keep for bonus AP gain.