Maintenance for the week of April 15:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 15
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – April 16, 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
The issue is resolved, and the North American PC/Mac megaserver is now available. Thank you for your patience!

I can't swap weapons

anakaki
anakaki
✭✭✭
I have never had this problem before besides the fact that it bugs out and takes 1-2 seconds but that's to be expected when you crap on EU players with servers on the moon.

This is new though. Maybe eso bug of the day? Even though I disable add ons, relog, repaired, reload ui and so forth, I can't swap weapons. I replaced my weapons manually but It still won't work.

Suggestions?
Death Recap for Templars
Have you tried rerolling to a Sorcerer or Dragonknight?
Templars do more dps than DK's.
  • BobZul
    BobZul
    I've had this for several days.
    My button for weapon swap has been reset to the default bind. If you have changed your keybind for weaponswap, i'd suggest looking if the binding is still correct.
  • anakaki
    anakaki
    ✭✭✭
    BobZul wrote: »
    I've had this for several days.
    My button for weapon swap has been reset to the default bind. If you have changed your keybind for weaponswap, i'd suggest looking if the binding is still correct.

Yeah, first thing I did. I can't even change it manually using "I". Stay on weapon 2.
    Death Recap for Templars
  • Sandmanninja
    Sandmanninja
    ✭✭✭✭
    I get this a lot lately. A LOT! I get the message at the top of my screen "You cannot swap weapons now" and I just stand there unable to cast or anything. Eventually it 'catches up' and I can swap or cast. VERY bad.
    [Hard Mode Dungeoneers] is recruiting all players of all levels for this new Guild.
    THIS IS A NEW-BUT-GROWING GUILD. We are focused on doing vet pledges, vet dungeons, getting achieves, & doing hard mode bosses.
    Most active GMT+10 (Australia time zone) in the afternoon Mon-Fri and all day Sat/Sun.
    Pst/email for info/invites.
  • anakaki
    anakaki
    ✭✭✭
    I get this a lot lately. A LOT! I get the message at the top of my screen "You cannot swap weapons now" and I just stand there unable to cast or anything. Eventually it 'catches up' and I can swap or cast. VERY bad.

This is no latency issue though, nor keybind.

Hope this gets read atleast by someone at ZOS - god forbid the beta testing I'm paying for goes well into console release in 6 months.
    Death Recap for Templars
  • Mortuum
    Mortuum
    ✭✭✭✭
    It happen often when you are using 2 weapons and 1 two-hand weapon. I had it with restorations staff and 1h/shield.
    Unslot all weapons AND skills.
    Switch weapon set 1 with weapon set2 (so in my case, rest staff where shield/sword and those two to replace staff)
    Add skills.
    No matter how idiotic it sound, it helped me and few people i know. Only problem is that on character selection screen my templar, no matter what, is always wielding restoration staff...Even if i take it off before relog/log off...But thats not really big issue.
    Since iv done that, never had bug with weapon switch again, but if i only try to return to original setting(shield/sword as set1), bug is back...
  • anakaki
    anakaki
    ✭✭✭
    Mortuum wrote: »
    It happen often when you are using 2 weapons and 1 two-hand weapon. I had it with restorations staff and 1h/shield.
    Unslot all weapons AND skills.
    Switch weapon set 1 with weapon set2 (so in my case, rest staff where shield/sword and those two to replace staff)
    Add skills.
    No matter how idiotic it sound, it helped me and few people i know. Only problem is that on character selection screen my templar, no matter what, is always wielding restoration staff...Even if i take it off before relog/log off...But thats not really big issue.
    Since iv done that, never had bug with weapon switch again, but if i only try to return to original setting(shield/sword as set1), bug is back...

Mhm, well I'm out of ideas so ill Ill try this for sure. Also using resto staff and 1h/shield. It's weird though, VR 7 and it has never happened before. Well spent 13k indeed but unplayable like this.

Cheers either way :smile:
    Death Recap for Templars
  • Mortuum
    Mortuum
    ✭✭✭✭
    First time it happen to me was in Cyrodiil on lvl, hmmm...about 45-48, never before. Friend of mine was hit by this bug recently at VR6. Dont think level is important, it looks random(also another person had same as lvl18/19 sorc).
  • Reenlister
    Reenlister
    ✭✭✭
    Odd, I never had this before, except due to lag on occasion. But I have seen it pop up again in Cyrodil now.
  • MistryssNite
    MistryssNite
    ✭✭✭
    I've had it locked on weapon bar 2 on one of my characters for several days now. She uses a bow, so it's not limited to 2hand. I've also undressed and redressed her several times and have tried swapping via every way I can think of (inventory & skills). I've just reset my weapon bar #2 to mimic #1 because I never used the second bar anyway. I should also mention that I never switched to the 2nd set...it randomly switched and locked on its own.
    Current main: Pe'tra
    Female Khajiit Templar of the Aldmeri Dominion
    Feel free to join her in questing ^.^
    It's just been a morning of death
  • anakaki
    anakaki
    ✭✭✭
    @Mortuum‌ cheers, that fixed it. Well spent gold idd... >:)
    Death Recap for Templars
  • Mortuum
    Mortuum
    ✭✭✭✭
    @anakaki, glad could help you with it :) It just prove it is a game bug, as said earlier, it helped all i know who had this problem. Hopefully anyone from Zeni can see it and add to ''to do/fix'' list as its damn annoying.
  • Volkodav
    Volkodav
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I'm locked and I cant swap,and it tells me that I cannot swap weapons in my current state.I tried reloading,but it wont change,and I dont have much to fight with in the off set yet.
  • duncan_cougarpreeb18_ESO
    an old threat, but the problem is back
  • duncan_cougarpreeb18_ESO
    A bit more detail after investigation. The problem certainly happens when trying to mount your ride (and once it happened it will happen again etc.), but casting stuff seems to do the trick as well some times, or skills that have some 'flashy' animations (which would be true for both earlier cases as well). Sometimes the problem goes away again after some time (riding/cast timer?)
    There is also the issue that you suddenly find yourself blocking (just the animation), while not having pressed block, the shield animation stays on, even though you are not blocking at all, though pressing block a few times can get rid of the weapons in block position at least, sheating them also can help here, but not always...
    8853reirgqgl.png
    While "in your current state" you can't weapon swap, but also can't sprint, ride, drink, etc.
    You still can use basic skills (on that bar) and light and heavy attack and move around, but only at "normal" speeds (walk/jog).
  • ZOS_Bill
    ZOS_Bill
    admin
    Since this thread is several years old and related to a possible bug we are closing the discussion. You can start a new thread in the Bug Reports forum. You can also follow the steps outlined in the help article below.

How do I submit feedback and bug reports?
    The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Forum Rules | Code of Conduct | Terms of Service | Home Page | Help Site
    Staff Post
This discussion has been closed.