The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of May 6:
· [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – May 8, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
· [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – May 8, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)

Unable To Assign Modifier Keys Since 04.25 PCNA Maintenance.

ZoLatKam
ZoLatKam
✭✭
As the title states, I have been unable to assign any keybinds with modifiers since the maintenance completed on the 25th.

The last time the keybinds accepted modifier keys was prior to the aforementioned maintenance.

Every time I have tried since the evening of the 25th, the game will only accept the last key pressed, even though I'm still holding down one or more modifier keys.

I've tried the Emacs mod, but it isn't working for me.
(I confirmed it was correctly installed)

I've also tried everything I can think of, including all combinations of the following:
  • Disabled all mods
  • Deleted User Settings.txt
  • Repaired the game files
  • Completely cleared out the "live" folder so the game would generate new versions of everything
  • Uninstalled Game, restarted PC, reinstalled game

The issue persists and I'm just looking for any other ideas, beyond what I could find online after 7 hours of searching because all of the results are from 2+ years ago.

Any suggestions?

Edit on 2024.04.26 @ 00:01:47 - I just spoke with a friend of mine that hasn't played ESO in a few months.

He just logged in and is experiencing the same issue I described above - He is unable to use modifier keys in any keybind slot.

One major difference between our accounts is his is through Steam - Mine is not.
Edited by ZOS_Bill on April 30, 2024 4:52PM
  • EF321
    EF321
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    It's an addon feature, not native.

For me it's FCO ItemSaver that does that.

yp0gvilsnhes.png
    Edited by EF321 on April 27, 2024 6:24AM
    Options
  • ZoLatKam
    ZoLatKam
    ✭✭
    You wonderfully kind carbonform!

This was the source of my "issue"!

I had no idea FCO ItemSaver even offered that setting, much less how mine became toggled off!

Apparently, I've been using it since Emacs stopped working and didn't even know it!

Thank you so very much!!!
    Edited by ZoLatKam on April 28, 2024 9:47AM
    Options
  • ZOS_Bill
    ZOS_Bill
    admin
    Thank you for letting us know the reason for this keybind issue. With the issue now resolved, we are going to close this thread going forward.
    The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Forum Rules | Code of Conduct | Terms of Service | Home Page | Help Site
    Options
    Staff Post
This discussion has been closed.