The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 15:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – April 16, 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC) - 6:00PM EDT (22:00 UTC)

Why don't WE get any changes at all?

Ren_TheRedFox
Ren_TheRedFox
✭✭✭
The patch notes for update 41 came out a while ago and as usual no major changes were made to templars. I see no reason why we get no buffs for templar at all, while dks and nbs are buffed every single patch. It's pretty well known that templars don't have sustain passives like every other class. Yes, we may be tanky, but tankyness without sustain is basically the same as trying to cast healing skills in a negate. The changes for Repentance and Radiant Aura were very nice, but Repentance only being a stamina recovery skill doesn't change the fact that a Magplar or healer needs to get magicka back. I know the healing and stam recovery from the skill is nice and all, but if we're talking about combat, especially in PvP, a healer or a Magplar won't get much out of the skill since we only have a few stamina skills. Also, we all know that jabs don't deal damage for a very long time. In this meta, anyone can easily mitigate the AoE damage of jabs by up to 40% by resorting to Minor and Major Evasion that are easy to obtain. So can we finally get some buffs please?
The Templar has so much potential to be great again.
Making Jabs a unique AoE skill that can't be mitigated by Major or Minor Evasion would bring back the main spamable ability of the class. A small change to Repentance that would allow the player to recover the resource, which is currently lower, or a change to Spearwall to get the minor protection from any class skill would make it much easier for any playstyle on the Templar, especially Sustain, since we don't have a Sustain passive or an rss passive that increases either recovery or the rss pool at all. It's really annoying to have less max hp or max stamina and magicka on this class, while every other class has either a passive that will give them max rss or recovery passive besides the minor buffs. So can you guys please reconsider changing something for this class?

• Ren_TheRedFox
    Ren_TheRedFox
    ✭✭✭
    I made a post about possible templar changes a while ago. Of course some skills are outdated by now but I think most of them could still be changed. If you're interested you might wanna check it out.
    https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/630565/quality-of-life-and-balance-change-templars#latest
  • Sarannah
    Sarannah
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    The only change I want to see for the templar is their AOE dmg normalized(puncturing strikes and its morphs), why is their damage dimished to practically 0 when they hit multiple targets. No other class has this!

Remove this AOE restriction from the templar(lower the heal so it heals the same as now) and be done with it!
  • Ren_TheRedFox
    Ren_TheRedFox
    ✭✭✭
    @Sarannah that's a good point but the fact still remains that it's the only class with zero sustain passives .... For a templar to be able to spam their abilities like other class could do you have to either run wretched vitality or 3 triple sustain glyphs which will decrease your weapon and spell damage drastically while every other class has a sustain oassive that will increase their recovery.
  • JonesFPS
    JonesFPS
    ✭✭✭
    Im a main Templar since the game launched and i have to say with the change to Potl we at least got a minor adjustment that gives us a little bit more.
    I mainly want the old jabs animation back and some class utility.
    I cant talk much about the PVP perspective since i only hop into pvp maybe once every couple months. What i can say tho from a rather unexperienced PVP player is that i feel like in PVP Templar does not deal damage at all (apart if someones low health), probably also due to my build beeing a bit outdated but still even if i go in with glasscanon sets i just tickle dk's and wardens a tiny bit.

PVE wise Templar is in a not so bad spot we just need some minor adjustments. Burst damage is ok, execute is very good.
    As i said some group utility would be nice.

And please give me back the old jabs animation ..... the noodle swing as it is now is not a visual upgrade.
  • moderatelyfatman
    moderatelyfatman
    ✭✭✭
    JonesFPS wrote: »
    Im a main Templar since the game launched and i have to say with the change to Potl we at
    PVE wise Templar is in a not so bad spot we just need some minor adjustments. Burst damage is ok, execute is very good.
    As i said some group utility would be nice.

And please give me back the old jabs animation ..... the noodle swing as it is now is not a visual upgrade.

I miss my old stamplar with the nice damage and the easy rotations: I first got into vet content with this build.
    Sadly, since Jabs have been so badly nerfed and Radiant Oppression so overpowered, there isn't much point in PvE to stamplar any more.
  • I_killed_Vivec
    I_killed_Vivec
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I was looking through the notes last night and thought I'd missed the templar section, went back to look for it....

It is a glaring omission, do they really think templar's are perfect? Maybe they do, but then it would have been good to see some explanation of their thoughts.
  • Necrotech_Master
    Necrotech_Master
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    rune focus helps with sustain a bunch, as well as radiant glory (for mag)

channeled focus (mag morph of rune focus) gives 242 mag every sec while active (25 seconds), which is equivalent of 482 recovery for those 25 seconds

restoring focus is the stam morph, and restores 242 stam every sec (20 sec duration)

i also like to use at least 1 stam recovery glyph on my jewelry to give me about 1150ish base stam recov

with that and some generic stam pots is usually enough to keep me going
    plays PC/NA
    handle @Necrotech_Master
    active player since april 2014
  • Erickson9610
    Erickson9610
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I could ask the same question regarding the lack of needed balance/QoL changes to the Werewolf skill line. It seems that Templar and Werewolf weren't priorities for the balance changes in Update 41, as they only received minor changes (namely to Power of the Light and to Pounce) to coincide with the status effect changes.

Maybe we'll see some improvement in Update 42? We can at least hope that balance changes will happen eventually.
    PC/NA — Lone Werewolf, the Templar Khajiit Werewolf

Werewolf Should be Allowed to Sneak
  • Faulgor
    Faulgor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    JonesFPS wrote: »
    I cant talk much about the PVP perspective since i only hop into pvp maybe once every couple months. What i can say tho from a rather unexperienced PVP player is that i feel like in PVP Templar does not deal damage at all (apart if someones low health), probably also due to my build beeing a bit outdated but still even if i go in with glasscanon sets i just tickle dk's and wardens a tiny bit.

Jabs feels so bad in PvP against any competent opponent. It's diminished by Evasion, so you can already take off 20% against a lot of builds. And then you still have to get all the hits in, which is not that easy when everyone just rolls through or runs past you. Might be a reason why you don't see a lot of people in PvP spamming Rapid Strikes, either.

Just like in PvE, Templar is currently carried by The Beam.
    Alandrol Sul: He's making another Numidium?!?
    Vivec: Worse, buddy. They're buying it.
  • Ren_TheRedFox
    Ren_TheRedFox
    ✭✭✭
    It's just pathetic to be honest because nbs get buffed every patch even though they overperform in every way just like arcanists and dks.