The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 15:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – April 16, 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC) - 6:00PM EDT (22:00 UTC)

Upcoming changes

pklemming
pklemming
✭✭✭✭✭
So, with ESO now at 109 in the steam charts, do you think the upcoming combat changes will improve of worsen this position? At some point, it would be nice for the devs to realise that a game is supposed to be fun, and when people give feedback on PTS that advice given should be listened to.
  • Rowjoh
    Rowjoh
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    a lot of people believe that 'pigs can't fly'.

but they can if transported via airfreight.
  • Necrotech_Master
    Necrotech_Master
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    steam is also a small subset of the entire PC population

i for example have 2 accounts, and neither is run through steam, they are just ESO accounts, downloaded launcher directly from zos

personally i couldnt care what rank a game is on a chart, if i have fun playing it, ill play it, if not i wont play it lol
    plays PC/NA
    handle @Necrotech_Master
    active player since april 2014
  • SilverBride
    SilverBride
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don't consider Steam charts to be an accurate indicator.
    PCNA
  • mocap
    mocap
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Steam charts can be considered as a normal indicator only for games, that were released exclusively on Steam.
  • dinokstrunz
    dinokstrunz
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Steam is meaningless but its pretty much generally agreed that these upcoming changes are dog shizzle.
  • silentxthreat
    silentxthreat
    ✭✭✭
    pklemming wrote: »
    So, with ESO now at 109 in the steam charts, do you think the upcoming combat changes will improve of worsen this position? At some point, it would be nice for the devs to realise that a game is supposed to be fun, and when people give feedback on PTS that advice given should be listened to.

dont go off steam charts rofl. thats a small fraction of players who choose to use steam
  • FluffyBird
    FluffyBird
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    pklemming wrote: »
    At some point, it would be nice for the devs to realise that a game is supposed to be fun, and when people give feedback on PTS that advice given should be listened to.
    Everything else aside: I think ten year anniversary is a tad late to "realise" things
  • spartaxoxo
    spartaxoxo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's also still top 30 in the top selling games, despite only a small fraction of the playerbase using Steam. Many of the games above it also are new and enjoying new game hype.
    Edited by spartaxoxo on February 27, 2024 9:44PM
  • Soarora
    Soarora
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    It’s bad, but it’s not AWA or Lost DPS levels of bad. I don’t see a lot of people quitting over this but it has once again hurt my faith in ZOS.
    PC/NA Dungeoneer (Tank/DPS/Heal), Trialist (DPS/Tank/Heal), and amateur Battlegrounder (DPS) with a passion for The Elder Scrolls lore
  • ADarklore
    ADarklore
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yeah, Steam charts for PC is not accurate... most PC players go through the ESO launcher or launch directly from .exe... not through Steam.
    CP: 1950 ** ESO+ Gold Road ** ~~ Magicka Warden ~~ Stamina Arcanist ~~ Magicka Sorcerer ~~ Magicka Templar ~~ ***** Strictly a solo PvE quester *****
  • Tandor
    Tandor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Soarora wrote: »
    It’s bad, but it’s not AWA or Lost DPS levels of bad. I don’t see a lot of people quitting over this but it has once again hurt my faith in ZOS.

Is there one specific combat change that this relates to, or is it more general? Does it affect PvP, PvE, or both? Competitive players or everyone?

Apologies for the questions but I abandoned the PTS after the feedback on AWA was completely ignored so I haven't been following the current situation.
  • Necrotech_Master
    Necrotech_Master
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Tandor wrote: »

Is there one specific combat change that this relates to, or is it more general? Does it affect PvP, PvE, or both? Competitive players or everyone?

Apologies for the questions but I abandoned the PTS after the feedback on AWA was completely ignored so I haven't been following the current situation.

the biggest uproar is around the class/combat changes for the necromancer class lol (specifically stalking blastbones overhaul)
    plays PC/NA
    handle @Necrotech_Master
    active player since april 2014
  • Tandor
    Tandor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Tandor wrote: »

the biggest uproar is around the class/combat changes for the necromancer class lol (specifically stalking blastbones overhaul)

Thanks.
  • SandandStars
    SandandStars
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Over the past couple of years:

changes to templar: very very bad

changes to necro: very very bad

changes to nightblade: 🥳 🤗 😘 🥰
  • LokiPagan
    LokiPagan
    ✭✭✭✭

"Oh, it only takes you .3 seconds to nuke any group of players while remaining invisible and untouchable? Let's make that even easier for ya!"

First character I rolled back in Elsweyr was a necro. I only use him for daily crafting writs now.
  • ADarklore
    ADarklore
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Changes to Templar were necessary. For YEARS people referred to Templar, in particular Magplar, as "Godplar". So it was inevitable that they would be nerfed. Yet, most streamers continue to put Magplar as 'S' tier... so other than the animation change, stop complaining that Templar was finally knocked off its pedestal and brought down to earth with everyone else. Problem is, Templar had it so good for years and people just got used to it, that nerfed, now some of those people cannot handle having to work a bit harder. Having been a Magplar main for years, I continue to run my old build and have absolutely no problems... and clearly if they're still listed as 'S' tier, it's not as big of a problem as people like to believe it is. I think most of the complains aren't even about the nerfs, it's more having to do with the animation changes, and people then mix the two together to make a "Templars are bad" response. Clearly ZOS has the numbers, clearly they can tell where Templars are sitting compared to other classes, and clearly by their lack of changes they feel Templars are pretty much where they should be. Personally, I agree... and I'm even OK with the animation change. ;)
    CP: 1950 ** ESO+ Gold Road ** ~~ Magicka Warden ~~ Stamina Arcanist ~~ Magicka Sorcerer ~~ Magicka Templar ~~ ***** Strictly a solo PvE quester *****
  • Sluggy
    Sluggy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ADarklore wrote: »

Changes to Templar were necessary. For YEARS people referred to Templar, in particular Magplar, as "Godplar". So it was inevitable that they would be nerfed. Yet, most streamers continue to put Magplar as 'S' tier... so other than the animation change, stop complaining that Templar was finally knocked off its pedestal and brought down to earth with everyone else. Problem is, Templar had it so good for years and people just got used to it, that nerfed, now some of those people cannot handle having to work a bit harder. Having been a Magplar main for years, I continue to run my old build and have absolutely no problems... and clearly if they're still listed as 'S' tier, it's not as big of a problem as people like to believe it is. I think most of the complains aren't even about the nerfs, it's more having to do with the animation changes, and people then mix the two together to make a "Templars are bad" response. Clearly ZOS has the numbers, clearly they can tell where Templars are sitting compared to other classes, and clearly by their lack of changes they feel Templars are pretty much where they should be. Personally, I agree... and I'm even OK with the animation change. ;)

Quoted for truth and emphasis. Templar is so good that I stopped playing my DK main and instead spent more time with my Templar for this event. Kills went up, deaths stayed the same.
  • katanagirl1
    katanagirl1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Stamplar got nerfed bad enough that I don’t play mine anymore.
    Khajiit Stamblade
    Dark Elf Magsorc
    Redguard Stamina Dragonknight
    Orc Stamplar PVP
    Breton Magsorc PVP

PS5 NA

• Faulgor
    Faulgor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I've only ever seen Templar refered to as "Godplar" in terms of youtube clickbait. There was a Templar meta sometime around the DoT changes, but other than that, they have never been S tier ...

wait
    Magplar
    oh. I see.
    Alandrol Sul: He's making another Numidium?!?
    Vivec: Worse, buddy. They're buying it.
  • SandandStars
    SandandStars
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I should further define what I mean by “bad” changes to Templar.

agree that it was overpowered for a while. But at that time, there was a combination of different skills one could use on Templar. The changes turned it into nothing but spamming radiant oppression from a tanky perma bubble build.

It is not dynamic at all. I played it as well, and you get lots of kills. But it is the most boring playing style imaginable.

There is no fun left in the class the way they adjusted it. So in this regard, the changes were very bad.

They put 90% of its power into one skill.
  • SandandStars
    SandandStars
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ^^ which was bad for the class, and bad for the game
  • Mesite
    Mesite
    ✭✭✭✭
    I would still use the steam charts as an indicator as it's obviously an identifiable section of players. However, on Xbox at the year end I got a breakdown of the games I played. I was allegedly in the top 10% of players on ESO for Xbox. So I think they should ask the people who are in the top 10% what they think.